Server Rules: Questions and Answers

On 9/15/2020 at 10:11 PM, brogza said:

I've been hearing it's against the rules for the driver of a car/bike to shoot while driving. If so, can someone confirm/deny this, and possibly send me a link to where it says that on the forums?

Can't seem to find anything on the topic-..tyvm.

There is no such rule, it can go under powergaming if the admin deems that your actions are unrealistic. Like popping a wheelie while unloading a magazine into whichever poor soul. I don't recommend doing that approach, anyway, as I've seen plenty of reports where people in vehicles unload their gun into a victim and said victim does not receive any damages, thanks to Rage's desync.

• 2 months later...

An admin record severaly limits a player’s abillity to join certain factions. If you don’t have anything recent on your record, could you ask for expungement? 

I did some stupid things in the past which got me two bans, both about or even over a year ago. I plan to do LEO roleplay, but I heard both factions dont allow you in with MG bans. Can someone confirm this and if thats indeed the case, can I request expungement?

3 hours ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

An admin record severaly limits a player’s abillity to join certain factions. If you don’t have anything recent on your record, could you ask for expungement? 

I did some stupid things in the past which got me two bans, both about or even over a year ago. I plan to do LEO roleplay, but I heard both factions dont allow you in with MG bans. Can someone confirm this and if thats indeed the case, can I request expungement?

To get anything off of your record, you have to talk with the person. who punished you and it has to be for a good reason such as you not actually doing anything. If they still don’t want to remove the punishment, you can staff report to attempt to remove it but I don’t think that’s necessary since you said that you did those things. I’m assuming that you actually did do these actions, but I don’t know how much this will affect you since it’s from about over a year ago. Still might affect you though. I don’t know SD’s policy exactly when it comes to that stuff, but it just might be true.

• 3 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, DjoleK said:

I was told by an admin that we're allowed to put a /cim in front of our store saying something along the lines of ‚‚By entering this store you give OOC consent for CCTV camera inside''
I just wish to double check this, is it true?

As far as the rules are concerned... You don't even need to put down a /cim for store CCTV:

CCTV are permitted within a person's residence, if a player has mounted cameras outside their residence, in their vehicles or any place filming the public, they must get the consent of all parties involved. Exceptions:

• Stores that can be robbed have CCTV. The police can review these.

3 minutes ago, Biscuit said:

As far as the rules are concerned... You don't even need to put down a /cim for store CCTV:

Yes you do, rules state you don't need CCTV perms only inside of your residence, I'm talking about business. A few admins also confirmed this to me.

1 hour ago, DjoleK said:

I was told by an admin that we're allowed to put a /cim in front of our store saying something along the lines of ‚‚By entering this store you give OOC consent for CCTV camera inside''
I just wish to double check this, is it true?

I've been told by an admin that I am not allowed to force someone to give OOC consent for the CCTV cameras in my Dealership. You are allowed to say that there's CCTVs but the thing with OOC consent I think is not allowed, at least for us it was not.

2 hours ago, DjoleK said:

Yes you do, rules state you don't need CCTV perms only inside of your residence, I'm talking about business. A few admins also confirmed this to me.

If you have video evidence of the person committing an action, you don't need OOC consent. I believe the rule is just to avoid a "he says, she says" situation in the case that it needs to be used.

• Björk locked this topic
  • Björk unlocked this topic