Server Rules: Questions and Answers

3 hours ago, DjoleK said:

I'm curious, what happens (or what should happen) when someone is shot and looses 5-10hp due to sync issues, but server never registers hit? I'm talking about ‚‚being shot'' but never getting the ‚‚You've been shot in _body part_ for X damage'' messages, and your injury not showing in /damages ?

RP being shot as would happen IRL. Just because the script hasn't registered it doesn't mean you shouldn't.

4 hours ago, DjoleK said:

I'm curious, what happens (or what should happen) when someone is shot and looses 5-10hp due to sync issues, but server never registers hit? I'm talking about ‚‚being shot'' but never getting the ‚‚You've been shot in _body part_ for X damage'' messages, and your injury not showing in /damages ?

Verified with Nervous this morning.
If the script doesn't register it then it doesn't have to be RP'ed.

Players get that message. If they don't then they don't have to RP it.
If we get a message then you guys get a message.

• 4 weeks later...

Alright so I just want to start off by saying I don't know the last name of this person but I had gotten shot because I was trying to break into cars but I was inside my own at the time. Juan then roleplays pulling me out of the vehicle and takes off with my car. Then I come back in game today to my car off the pier and into the water. Could I report him for this?

12 hours ago, BlattJay said:

Alright so I just want to start off by saying I don't know the last name of this person but I had gotten shot because I was trying to break into cars but I was inside my own at the time. Juan then roleplays pulling me out of the vehicle and takes off with my car. Then I come back in game today to my car off the pier and into the water. Could I report him for this?

I would assume this falls under common courtesy. It makes no sense to drive someone's car into the water for no reason.

16 hours ago, BlattJay said:

As Akiba mentioned, this indeed would fall under common courtesy depending on his reasoning for doing so, and assuming you have evidence. Make a forum report and an admin can take a look to see if there's anything untoward.

Can someone confirm that it is not allowed to dodge taxes using /banktransfer and /sellv?

I've only seen Discord messages about this. Forum posts remained unanswered. This is not listed in the rules, although arguably it could fall under script abuse. This is further complicated by the apparent exception when selling a vehicle over the retail value, which seems to reward pricing vehicles high, as taxes can be dodged over parts of the sale. 

A few challenges and ambiguities that a blanket ban on this would introduce;

• Changing ownership of vehicles temporarily (but where /vdup is not sensible or possible). For example, for rental, for business purposes, shared vehicles, etc. Is it allowed to not pay taxes over the full value of the vehicle?

• Changing ownership of vehicles between (dealership) employees. The vehicle owner transfers vehicles to another employee to sell them for the same business. Is it allowed to not pay taxes over the full value of the vehicle?

• Trading in vehicles. It is common (near universal in my experience) practice on this server to reduce the value of the expensive vehicle in a trade by the value of the cheaper vehicle. Is this still allowed? This is a common negotiation tactic for salespersons that could be jeopardized. Is it allowed to not pay taxes over the full value of the vehicles in this instance?

• Financing. What if the initial payment does not constitute the full value of the vehicle? Are sellers expected to pay taxes over incoming payments down the line? There is no script feature to support this directly and properly. Side question, scamming over vehicles is not allowed. What about scamming over vehicle financing? I'm guessing that is allowed because it constitutes a loan?

• Trading of multiple vehicles. Not as common, but it still happens that when there is a trade of more than 2 vehicles, that the amounts simply get added together and transferred as a whole. Once again, this too is a common negotiation strategy that is employed, which is somewhat jeopardized by a blanket ban on /banktransfer and /sellv. Is it allowed to not pay taxes over the full value of the vehicles in this instance?

• Who is responsible or liable when this does happen? Sometimes buyers simply /banktransfer an amount without informing the seller beforehand. I assume both are still in breach of the script abuse rules if this goes through then? I assume so, but clarification is always nice.

Finally, please elaborate on this issue and how it is meant to change player behavior via official means of communication. It shouldn't be up to individual players to try and explore the different boundaries of the rules when a change to a command such as this gets added. This leaves players like myself to try and educate customers on this, without having a full understanding of the extent of the rules behind it. Combine that responsibility with a financial interest to do the opposite, this is a situation that is far from ideal.

Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 5
  • 1 month later...
On 9/17/2020 at 8:38 AM, mj2002 said:

• Changing ownership of vehicles temporarily (but where /vdup is not sensible or possible). For example, for rental, for business purposes, shared vehicles, etc. Is it allowed to not pay taxes over the full value of the vehicle?
    Well, if you go by the rule - this is not a vehicle sale and the intent is not to avoid any imposed tax. You're simply giving your employee the ability to sell the car . Your employee will, of course, have to sell the car to whatever customer through /sv. 

• Changing ownership of vehicles between (dealership) employees. The vehicle owner transfers vehicles to another employee to sell them for the same business. Is it allowed to not pay taxes over the full value of the vehicle?
    Same answer as above. If you're transferring something because of a script limitation, I don't see why it wouldn't be fine. 

• Trading in vehicles. It is common (near universal in my experience) practice on this server to reduce the value of the expensive vehicle in a trade by the value of the cheaper vehicle. Is this still allowed? This is a common negotiation tactic for salespersons that could be jeopardized. Is it allowed to not pay taxes over the full value of the vehicles in this instance?
  • Trading of multiple vehicles. Not as common, but it still happens that when there is a trade of more than 2 vehicles, that the amounts simply get added together and transferred as a whole. Once again, this too is a common negotiation strategy that is employed, which is somewhat jeopardized by a blanket ban on /banktransfer and /sellv. Is it allowed to not pay taxes over the full value of the vehicles in this instance?

Those seem like the same question to me, so I've glued them next to each other. If someone is trading a vehicle for another, and if there's a difference in price (such as offering a car + money), the paid amount goes through /sellvehicle as normal. In real life, vehicle trades get deducted tax but since there's no script for trading a car in GTAW, you simply trade it through the minimum /sv price if it's a 1:1 trade as agreed by both parties. 

• Financing. What if the initial payment does not constitute the full value of the vehicle? Are sellers expected to pay taxes over incoming payments down the line? There is no script feature to support this directly and properly. Side question, scamming over vehicles is not allowed. What about scamming over vehicle financing? I'm guessing that is allowed because it constitutes a loan?

Simply consider the tax and deduct that from the final price on your side. Let's say your character is selling a car for its value, which is $135,000 - the tax for that would normally be $6,750, so that leaves us with $128,250 over for example a five months plan, they will be paying 25650/month. If an admin asks why you sold your car for such a low price in such case, you're free to explain that to them.

• Who is responsible or liable when this does happen? Sometimes buyers simply /banktransfer an amount without informing the seller beforehand. I assume both are still in breach of the script abuse rules if this goes through then? I assume so, but clarification is always nice.

Like any rule broken, simply inform the other person if they were ignorant to it and just give them back the money if for some reason they decide to do such. 

Finally, please elaborate on this issue and how it is meant to change player behavior via official means of communication. It shouldn't be up to individual players to try and explore the different boundaries of the rules when a change to a command such as this gets added. This leaves players like myself to try and educate customers on this, without having a full understanding of the extent of the rules behind it. Combine that responsibility with a financial interest to do the opposite, this is a situation that is far from ideal.

What is currently written out was found to be a clear and direct. If you have a suggestion or a better way of wording it, please let me know, I'd love to make it more clear. I personally don't see it being such, nor did the people who I spoke to before its implementation.  Either way, hopefully this clarifies your questions. Goodnight <o

• Upvote 1
  • Björk locked this topic
  • Björk unlocked this topic