Server Rules: Questions and Answers

On 2/5/2020 at 10:58 PM, pateuvasiliu said:

I assumed the OOC permission is needed so you don't make up stuff that didn't happen, but with an actual video that wouldn't be the case.

A very interesting point @pateuvasiliu and to a degree you're correct. The issue is that the actual purchasing and installing of the capture device might still be made up, which is what makes it contentious. Keep in mind also that the quality of the film, the angle that the film is capturing etc comes into dubious circumstances too. Alas, OOC permission is required to get rid of this type of perpetual argument.

• 1 month later...
On 2/12/2020 at 7:35 PM, Paddy said:

A very interesting point @pateuvasiliu and to a degree you're correct. The issue is that the actual purchasing and installing of the capture device might still be made up, which is what makes it contentious. Keep in mind also that the quality of the film, the angle that the film is capturing etc comes into dubious circumstances too. Alas, OOC permission is required to get rid of this type of perpetual argument.

Hence we have the rule requiring every involved party to agree to a Dashcam, sadly we can not record the dashcam from the actual dashcam.

18 minutes ago, rvng said:

I cant solve this scenario.

Someone help me.

You are a member of a gang in Chamberlain Hills and your gang is currently in a feud with another local gang. The rival gang sees you hanging out on your block, and out of retaliation, they do a drive-by on you. You are shot multiple times and are hit in the arm, stomach, and leg. Thankfully all of the bullets didn’t hit any vital organs, ultimately you survive the encounter. After roleplaying some minor medical treatment, you set off with a few members of your gang to seek revenge a few hours later.

We're not allowed to help you with questions regarding your application.

Q:

Is it considered meta or circumventing a character kill by another player by meta if I were to continue doing business with the same individual(s) on a new character?

Pascal opined that it was a grey area and then helpfully quoted the following character rules from the Server Rules:

> None of your characters should have any impact on anything your other characters are involved in. The metagaming rule goes into more detail about this. Each of your characters should be unique from your other characters. Making similar characters that have the same motivations, goals, objectives etc. is forbidden. This is to avoid players name changing to avoid consequences.

> Should a character be CKed or name changed, the character that comes after should have no connection to the previous character. Any character in a faction that is name changed or CKed must follow Faction Management's regulations for returning to the same faction. If a faction has no written agreement with Faction Management, then a returning character should be discussed with Faction Management. The purpose of this rule is to make sure CKs have an impact on factions.

Do administrators take context into consideration during a situation? Or is it the letter of the rule rather than the spirit. 

I've a bad taste in my mouth from previous heavy handed administrators at vG/rG, uG and oG handing out jails lime candy over something as petty as an insult to another player acting like an asshat or because I questioned a bad decision. 

Also, as an individual who probably gets at most a few hours a night to play - is that going to be an issue if I have to drop mid RP? Or pause RP because I've gotta go take care of something OOC. 

Edited by Zombiedude101
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Q:

Question regards server rule 12 for crime-free areas. The rule creates an exception “if the roleplay was initiated elsewhere.”

The question is at which point is roleplay considered initiated? The related question that, I think, would need to be answered first is whether “roleplay” in that exception refers to the acts which carry out the crime, or does it also include the planning and preparatory phases where intent is likely formed?

Let’s consider a hypothetical. Let’s say a group of my faction members makes a plan to kidnap a government official. We first convene at the hangout to fully plan our intentions. The next day, we track down the official to a public meeting — say at the public library in Rockford Hill — and watch them at the meeting; we continue stalking them as they leave with an entourage of other officials, and we continue stalking while waiting for the target to be alone; by the time the target is alone, they are dropped off at a government building and are heading inside; we then jump out and follow the target inside to start the abduction.  In this situation, when is the roleplay considered initiated? Would it have been yesterday at the hangout where the planning commenced; or when the stalking started in the public library; or when we jumped out of our vehicle (this would be the point at which the offence is treated in-characterly as an “attempt” since it is more than mere preparation) to follow them inside; or is it when we utter the first word to them or make the first contact inside the building? This is not clear because in this hypothetical the kidnapping occurs inside the government building, but the roleplay arguably started earlier. 

I’m also having a difficult time understanding the potential reason(s) for this exception. If someone was intending to kidnap or murder their target who is in a government building after they’ve followed that target outside, wouldn’t it be unrealistic in any event to follow them inside and carry out the intentions inside? In my view, if the perpetrator went to great lengths to track and follow their target, I don’t see why they couldn’t just wait until their target has left the building before carrying out their intentions. 

Edited by Midsummer Night's Dream
  • Björk locked this topic
  • Björk unlocked this topic