Server Rules: Questions and Answers

A small question I wanted to ask regarding weapon serial numbers; kind of a rule question and kind of not, but at any rate it didn't seem worth bothering anybody about in /report, so this seemed like the best place!

As far as I can read, the implication is that to remove a weapon serial number, you either need admin permission (they have to do the command anyways) or to be an actual dedicated weapon serial remover, at which point you can do it without admin supervision. Is this correct? I ask because I'm not sure whether only dedicated weapon serial removers can remove serial numbers, or if the 'old' system of asking admins is still available for anybody to request.

• Keane unpinned this topic

Hello. I'm not new to text-based roleplay, but I am new to it in GTA. 

I've currently submitted an application, and then gone around to do my favourite activity- browse ban appeals.
I noticed at least two or three bans for 'sub-par english' or 'bad grammar/punctuation errors'.

I've scoured the rules sections and see no rules pertaining to people needing perfect A+ level English, especially considering that I've definitely seen typos in official posts on this forum, I thought the barrier of entry was the application system. I'm curious what the current precedent is for banning people over grammatical errors. This seems shocking to me as I've never seen such a thing done on any text based community; Such sorts of bans have, to my knowledge and experience, widely been considered elitist and unfair. I myself am dyslexic and partially blind, thus am prone to the occaisional slurry of errors from trying to type by rote too quickly without doublechecking.

Apologies in advance if this question is considered rude here, especially with my status as a nobody.

1 hour ago, LykosNychi said:

Hello. I'm not new to text-based roleplay, but I am new to it in GTA. 

I've currently submitted an application, and then gone around to do my favourite activity- browse ban appeals.
I noticed at least two or three bans for 'sub-par english' or 'bad grammar/punctuation errors'.

I've scoured the rules sections and see no rules pertaining to people needing perfect A+ level English, especially considering that I've definitely seen typos in official posts on this forum, I thought the barrier of entry was the application system. I'm curious what the current precedent is for banning people over grammatical errors. This seems shocking to me as I've never seen such a thing done on any text based community; Such sorts of bans have, to my knowledge and experience, widely been considered elitist and unfair. I myself am dyslexic and partially blind, thus am prone to the occaisional slurry of errors from trying to type by rote too quickly without doublechecking.

Apologies in advance if this question is considered rude here, especially with my status as a nobody.

If a player used google translate or someone's help to submit an application, but he can't type/speak proper english in-game - he gotta go. No-one wants to waste their time on solving riddles what that player typed. If a player tries to learn and actually wants to improve his language skills - trust me, you will see that. And I'm cool with this sort of people.

Edited by Roller
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey, got a question in my head. Do I still need an admin permission if I steal small objects like newspapers, tv remotes, or any devices when I'm with the owner in a property? Or like cash on the table for the sake of roleplay, I mean he doesn't have to use /pay. Also including if I'm in a business. If it's a no, do I have to tell the owner that some objects would be missing?

@Keane

Hi Keane,

Is it allowed to connect to the server through a cloud gaming service such as Shadow? It's basically a Virtual Machine in a datacenter that works like a normal PC and is accessed via a remote desktop application. It's not a VPN service, but due to it's nature it would let me connect to the server via a different IP address then the one on my personal computer.

@Fenrir

I have a question in a vein similar to Sabess. This one particularly involves modifying weapons:

If my character was in possession of a pump shotgun, is it within the bounds of the server's rules for them to modify the weapon by removing the stock and sawing down the barrel? The roleplay itself is one thing, but I would also be curious to know whether an admin would actually be willing to then exchange the regular pump shotgun for sawn-off after all was said and done.

18 hours ago, Dislord said:

If my character was in possession of a pump shotgun, is it within the bounds of the server's rules for them to modify the weapon by removing the stock and sawing down the barrel? The roleplay itself is one thing, but I would also be curious to know whether an admin would actually be willing to then exchange the regular pump shotgun for sawn-off after all was said and done.

I'm not an admin but I asked the exact same question-.. Answer was no.

If you look at it from a realism standpoint, you can't really saw down the barrel without interfering with the 'pump' part of the weapon and even if you did it would be maybe 2 inches. 

The reasoning given by admins to me was since there are s/w pumps it'd be kinda a bad move to just shortcut my way there.

Edited by Max3
2 minutes ago, Max3 said:

I'm not an admin but I asked the exact same question-.. Answer was no.

If you look at it from a realism standpoint, you can't really saw down the barrel without interfering with the 'pump' part of the weapon and even if you did it would be maybe 2 inches. 

The reasoning given by admins to me was since there are s/w pumps it'd be kinda a bad move to just shortcut my way there.

I appreciate the response all the same.

I'm with you when it comes to cutting back the barrel, though the removal of the stock is a super simple job. I won't lose sleep over it though.

• Björk locked this topic
  • Björk unlocked this topic