Server Rules: Questions and Answers

Awell as the driving of the couriers = unrealistic ? I try to tell them not to do ICly but most just call me racist if they're black or asian. Or they try to fight me.

Edit: I am reformed driver Thankyou Wallace.

Edited by shiny
5 hours ago, zUgg zUgg said:

That's a bit of a stretch; people are robbing you because they see an opportunity, not because you carry cash. You don't get safety zones in real life if you get paid cash for your job. Invest in conceal and carry or find a way to protect yourself. Blotting the map with all these safe zones is unrealistic.

You also don't get to rob people in broad daylight at what would normally be a city-run pier with security, cameras, and workers around everywhere. Just because there's no AI or anything going on down there, doesn't mean it should be played that way. That would be unrealistic. I get what you're saying in other parts of town that aren't necessarily public/government/city-run places but somewhere like that, the robberies are ridiculous in my opinion.

13 hours ago, Polleus said:

You also don't get to rob people in broad daylight at what would normally be a city-run pier with security, cameras, and workers around everywhere. Just because there's no AI or anything going on down there, doesn't mean it should be played that way. That would be unrealistic. I get what you're saying in other parts of town that aren't necessarily public/government/city-run places but somewhere like that, the robberies are ridiculous in my opinion.

Exactly, unrealistic much, most docks that have employees require to pass through security to even enter and you are required to present a pass permit to even enter. Courier is allowed since he/she is an employee, while the thieves are not, they'd have to bribe quite a few to even get in. The TL;DR is, it's unrealistic.

Also to add onto those who always say, "Get a gun to protect yourself"...

As I understand it and have had clarified by several people, you're supposed to RP fear at the sight of a gun. Any normal person would do so if they already had a gun pointed at them (regardless of whether or not they were carrying a gun). If I'm in a courier van and a robber pulls up on the van and pulls his gun first (which always happens or at least 9/10 times), you're supposed to RP fear for your life. 9/10 times the robber will have the upper hand regardless and if you do somehow manage to RP perfectly to get your gun out to protect yourself, you're still going to find yourself in an argument OOC'ly with the robber or end up getting shot in the process. Let's be real here. I see it all the time in player reports how people argue over who shot who first, who had the upper hand, this person didn't RP fear, etc. 

Honestly the solution is (for long term), being that courier is going to be phased out for trucking, is to make the payments go directly into the bank account. Especially for a trucking business, most of those payments IRL would not be cash as they would be handled through a direct deposit. This would cut down on the cheap robberies just looking for the quick cash and make it more realistic. 

Edited by Polleus
  • Developer

I see alot of Loan Companies exist lately so I decided to look up the rules again.

I noticed that loaning is no longer mentioned under scamming/robbing? In the past it used to say "loaning is done at your own risk"

Is this now under the scam rules? Or what exactly. 

6 minutes ago, St3fan[NL] said:

I see alot of Loan Companies exist lately so I decided to look up the rules again.

I noticed that loaning is no longer mentioned under scamming/robbing? In the past it used to say "loaning is done at your own risk"

Is this now under the scam rules? Or what exactly. 

It is currently included in it, I'm pretty sure it's not in the rules v2 we're preparing though.

• 1 month later...

So question. If I have a melee weapon like a knife or a bat for example, do I have to RP hitting someone with it? And if I do, do I need to wait for the other players reaction or can I just swing? Examples being:

1.) /me would thrust a knife towards Player 2's chest.

>Player 2 moves up and swings the knife without waiting for a response.

or 2.)

/me would thrust a knife towards player 2's chest.

/do Would he be able to?

something along those lines.

I always figured that because it's a weapon, I wouldn't really need to wait for a response but just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

7 hours ago, OBars said:

So question. If I have a melee weapon like a knife or a bat for example, do I have to RP hitting someone with it? And if I do, do I need to wait for the other players reaction or can I just swing? Examples being:

1.) /me would thrust a knife towards Player 2's chest.

>Player 2 moves up and swings the knife without waiting for a response.

or 2.)

/me would thrust a knife towards player 2's chest.

/do Would he be able to?

something along those lines.

I always figured that because it's a weapon, I wouldn't really need to wait for a response but just wanted to make sure. Thanks.

In my experience, it's proper to wait for a reaction.

On 5/18/2019 at 5:18 PM, Pollster said:

Also to add onto those who always say, "Get a gun to protect yourself"...

As I understand it and have had clarified by several people, you're supposed to RP fear at the sight of a gun. Any normal person would do so if they already had a gun pointed at them (regardless of whether or not they were carrying a gun). If I'm in a courier van and a robber pulls up on the van and pulls his gun first (which always happens or at least 9/10 times), you're supposed to RP fear for your life. 9/10 times the robber will have the upper hand regardless and if you do somehow manage to RP perfectly to get your gun out to protect yourself, you're still going to find yourself in an argument OOC'ly with the robber or end up getting shot in the process. Let's be real here. I see it all the time in player reports how people argue over who shot who first, who had the upper hand, this person didn't RP fear, etc. 

Honestly the solution is (for long term), being that courier is going to be phased out for trucking, is to make the payments go directly into the bank account. Especially for a trucking business, most of those payments IRL would not be cash as they would be handled through a direct deposit. This would cut down on the cheap robberies just looking for the quick cash and make it more realistic. 

What you mentioned in the first paragraph happens only because of players' egos. Everyone wants to be a winner. Not every, but must robbers start robbing people with expectations to win and take others' money just because they own a weapon. If something different happens they turn on OOC bitching because situation was not how they expected it to be.

I once was in the bank, depositing my money. On the way from bank to vehicle(roughly three steps) a /masked person approached from behind, yelling at me, with a bat in his hand. The first thing I did was entering my vehicle since I was already on the way to enter it and I felt danger from yelling man.
Instead of roleplaying, that person decided to start /b itching and roughly spent me my half an hour explaining how he's about to win the situation and walk away with the money(which was not on me at all). I was lucky admin was accidentally there and handled it the right way. Afterwards, I felt sad for that player because even if he managed to rob me he would acquire $0 since I deposited everything a moment ago ?

But who cares, he wanted to win it no matter the profit.

Edited by ZgazenaMacka
  • Keane unpinned this topic
  • Björk locked this topic
  • Björk unlocked this topic