Map dissapearing on GTA:W, constant CPU stutter, always at 100%.

Tudor

Hello there! Since I've been playing GTA:W or even sometimes GTA:O, my map always started dissapearing after some time, like literallly the ground goes "poof", and when I start MSI afterburner, my CPU is at 100% most of the time. Also, I only use discord when playing GTA:W, so there's no other program open.

Also, when I start task manager, the CPU is at 100% then instantly goes down at 30-40%. Is there any fix for this?

Just now, Tudor said:

HDD and I don't have the space on the SSD, also can't get another one because no space.

The reason this happens is because your game is on a HDD. RageMP cannot load from your hard drive fast enough to keep up and thus the texture failing happens.

Just now, Westen said:

The reason this happens is because your game is on a HDD. RageMP cannot load from your hard drive fast enough to keep up and thus the texture failing happens.

And what should I do? I can't get a SSD because I don't have where to put it, quite literally.

Just now, Tudor said:

And what should I do? I can't get a SSD because I don't have where to put it, quite literally.

There's not really much you can do without moving your game to an SSD (or a faster harddrive - I doubt this would work though.)

You basically can chuck the SSD anywhere in your pc and connect the wiring, what's the issue with it?

I have the same stuttering issues and texture failing, I've ordered myself an SSD so I'll let you know if it's the fix.

Edited by Rohan.
1 hour ago, DankMother said:

Don't listen to these fools saying you need an SSD, especially the developer genius who managed to cause 50 server crashes in a day. GTA V is literally CPU based hence it uses CPU, it being at 100% is absolutely normal. 

What are your PC stats, what graphics do you play on?

This is inaccurate information and you shouldnt be discrediting a developer if you don't know what you're talking about.

GTA5 is heavly GPU based as its AI even uses GPU Acceleration for faster computing.

The HDD is a likely option, but not the only one. I heard someone say you played on a laptop; laptop HDD's are as big as regular SSD's.

Swap it out and you're good to go (given you won't need to reinstall Windows).

An other likely option is, wether you like it or not, old age. You shoot electricity through your components and that damages them ever so slightly. After a couple of years, this will become noticable and the damaged parts will require repair or replacement.

An option I deem more reasonable is thermal throttling. The thermal solution between your CPU and the heatspreader lost its effectiveness (its propably old, sometimes it might crumble while its supposed to be a goo-y paste). In order to not damage itself due to overheating, a CPU would drop its working capacity to gain a lower temperature. This has an easy fix of opening up the laptop, taking the heatspreader off, applying new thermal paste of cleaning off the old one (BE SURE TO HAVE THE CPU, AND NOT THE GPU! They look really familiar in a laptop), and then putting everything back ?

Can you make a screenshot of your Task Manager when this behaviour occurs?

Regards, an actual IT graduate..

Edited by ThatDutchPerson
1 hour ago, DankMother said:

Don't listen to these fools saying you need an SSD, especially the developer genius who managed to cause 50 server crashes in a day. GTA V is literally CPU based hence it uses CPU, it being at 100% is absolutely normal. 

What are your PC stats, what graphics do you play on?

Ad hominems aren't an effective way of making an argument.

While SSDs might not be a fix-all, they've definitely resolved the map loading issue for a number of people, myself included.

• Bash locked this topic