[LSNN] Another Violent Night in Davis

1379202296_Logocomplete.png.65ed9d2f6de8 

gta-world-2020-7-26-11-41-54.png

Police restrain an alleged offender in the Davis Mega Mall carpark  

Another Violent Night in Davis

By Nayeli Greyfeather

Disclaimer: Names of witnesses have been altered to protect their identities. 

With announcement of the Los Santos Government election pending, a double homicide and an attack on a police car in Davis indicates the postcode's troubled days are far from over.  

gta-world-2020-7-26-11-49-31.thumb.png.ded4da9927ef9b9569e6e9b706e36562.png

A bat allegedly used to damage the police vehicle.

Violence and death in Davis is a daily occurrence. This Saturday night was no different; the wail of police sirens almost constant until early Sunday morning. 

With Davis resting uncomfortably in a post-protest (or post-riot, depending on your point of view) slumber, two incidents in particular stood out as markers of the current social and political quagmire likely to ensnare any political parties seeking power in this year's election. The first was an alleged attack on a police car by a masked motorcycle rider inside the Davis Mega Mall carpark. Police were near the vehicle at the time conducting what an on-scene officer described as "community policing talks" with a local resident when it is alleged the rider drew up beside the car and struck it repeatedly with the bat.

Officers subdued the man using a bean-bag round fired from a shotgun. He was subsequently arrested and taken into custody for questioning.

An official source on the scene stated that police were still looking into why the incident occurred. It is unclear whether it is related to the recent unrest in Davis.

The second incident was a double homicide at the front of the outpatients entrance to Davis Central Hospital. From witness descriptions, the shooting was a likely drive-by, which seems to be confirmed by the position of bullet casings collected by police on the road near the murder scene. Tire tracks near the curb were also clearly present. One eyewitness claimed that he heard several loud gunshots that could have been from multiple guns.

gta-world-2020-7-26-12-7-48.thumb.png.d9fe49d09226bf1195b7353457bd7d4f.png

Tire tracks less than fifty feet from the two bodies.

The bodies of the two victims lay within sight of the hospital entrance. One was sprawled in the open while another, a woman, may have fallen from a nearby bench after having been shot. Although attending police and LSFD medics made no comment, one medic was overheard to say when briefing police that "the amount of bullet holes in these people is insane".

'John', an eyewitness who is a firefighter that drives by the hospital to work, stated to LSNN that he saw two masked individuals open fire on the victims, but he couldn't tell who the killers were.

gta-world-2020-7-26-12-6-19.thumb.png.21dc4ee0c897b9c95741e3627da1392c.png

An eyewitness speaking to an attending LSFD EMT.

When asked about the upcoming elections, 'John' said that he knew of them, but had not paid much attention; mostly "because of the riots happening, and (feeling) more stressed about that". Called upon to comment generally about his thoughts of the current state of south Los Santos, 'John' said that from his personal experiences "it's a tough place". 

Given the ongoing violence in Davis and satellite postcodes such as Strawberry and Rancho, many residents of south Los Santos will look with interest to the law and order policies proposed by electoral candidates later this year. Whether those policies will stand any hope of having a realistic impact on this "tough place" is anyone's guess.    

lsnn.gta.world

#ads

mNUKSB8.png 

• Upvote 3
  • Applaud 1

Username: ConcernedCitizen85

Comment: North of the freeway, you deal with mobsters and greaseball thugs! South of the freeway you deal with gangs of the blacks and mexicans! I don't know what I'd rather deal with! Do I want to get roughed up by a bunch of wise guys or a bunch of Russian Dudes? Or do I wanna get shot in a drive by by a monkey with a gun who doesn't even know how to aim! I tell you this city has gone to HELL! I mean it! HELL! HELL! HELL! The police in this city do nothing! WHERES MY TAX MONEY GOING????

• Applaud 1
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic