Vehicle Repossession

54nDR0

19 minutes ago, SandroXiX said:

Totally agree with you. Small percentage of mechanics will have that knowledge and signal jammers. Talking from the RolePlay side I see many cars chopped with alarm-theft system level 4 and GPS installed. No LSPD triggered at any time and owners are online.

That's a lot better idea, getting impounded by admin for few days and if owner doesn't pay for it (maybe he doesn't care about that car or can't gather enough money for X days) than the guys who stole it should RolePlay chopping it and get 20-30 parts from it.

Are you stating that Eastern Europe is less secure for United States?

I'm stating that some parts of Eastern Europe or the old Eastern Bloc are often more prone to have corruption issues, compared to Western countries.  And that is from personal experience as a majority of my family lives there. 

This is not a good idea. In fact, it's a bad one. This is the kind of thing where everyone suddenly tries to become Memphis Raines on and pretend they're in Gone in 60 Seconds and are magical car thieving crews. You're one time situational use for a system that is mostly unbeatable so you can extort someone because torturing them physically isn't the kind of thing that you do doesn't really necessitate a full blown system to be suggested without much afterthought to it.

What you're asking for is not repossession either. It's just car theft. I'd be all about it if it was well thought out, there were ways to beat it and so on. But there's not. It's mostly just a money faucet suggestion. So nah.

• Upvote 5
  • Applaud 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Honestly can't support this for a few reasons the main one being is realistically there is no way you could get legal ownership of the car because the title it would not be in your name and you would have no way to insure the vehicle since the title is not in your name and insurance companies won't recognize it.

I completely agree with it and love this idea. People will start to put their brain to use and purchase garages like in real life. How many of you own a car worth more than 80,000$ and leave it on the streets? It could also bring life to a business such as parking lots, where people know their vehicle is safe. Suddenly everybody is not worried because they are OOCly untouchable, and I find it disgusting.

100% support.

1 minute ago, Jennie said:

I don't know to what extent this is feasible, the vehicles have a serial and a registered plate, I don't know how you plan to register a vehicle with the same serial or erased serial in the same city.

It doesn't matter because in real life it gets sold for parts to mechanic garages in the black market. You won't get 100K out of 100K, but it's well worth the risk because those parts can sell in the black market for 50-60% of the total car value. This is the reason why in real life the meter-square of a garage is higher valued than the meter-square price of an apartment.

• mj2002 locked this topic