Vehicle Repossession

54nDR0

For now car repossession is forbidden to do on the server. My suggestion is to make it possible. Vehicle repossession would be similar to CK. Admins would have to approve it! Firstly, you would need pretty strong IC reasons. As an for CK application, you need to attach all pictures and explain with all smallest details why you would repossess someone's vehicle. After admins approve your application you can start with stealing someone's vehicle, admin would spectate you. After you steal someone's car and put it into a garage admin will scriptly transfer the car to your character. You can ask for that car maximum 20% of it's market price. So if some car costs $100,000 you are allowed want maximum price of $20,000 to give it back to the owner. The transfer back would be done through /sellvehicle command after all RP being done between original owner and guy who stole it.

Here is an situation: My character got into an conflict with another one. He doesn't want to torture him because he isn't that kind of person but he chop cars and he knows to work with them. My character wants to make him do something by torturing him mentally. So... He knows where he works, he knows his name, he took pictures of his car, he has his phone number etc. Basically all the information he needs to contact him after getting his car and require for some money if he wants his car back. All the information would be gathered throughout multiple days because it's impossible do to everything in the same day. My character is ready to repossess his vehicle. I go to forum and submit an vehicle repossession application. In the application I would explain the whole situation and conflict between my character and someone else's character followed by the RP pictures as an evidence and why should I repossess his vehicle. Admin teams approves it and I request someone to spectate me while RPing stealing someone's car. After RPing the theft and putting the car on some safe place admin would transfer the car to my character. Then my character is required to contact the victim and ask the money for repossession. If victim refuses to pay and doesn't want the car anymore he can chop it.

• Upvote 1

I doubt there is any good alternative for that at this given moment before proper vehicle synch is introduced with RageMP update. Not to mention you’ll have an OOC riot as soon as you forbid people to despawn their cars and they get stolen for good off them.

there already is an issue with people towing cars away like its nothing to break into them at a different location, which is dumb.

cant really see a way in which I’d ever support perm vehicle theft. 

3 hours ago, Memozzy said:

Inb4 everyone would just despawn  their cars when not in use.  I personally don’t support this suggestion.

You will probably not /vpark your car when you are at the club or maybe you make a party at your home.

Point is if you are stealing someone's car for repossession you will put it in a secret place and not hide it somewhere on the street. You would put in some garage, hide it will all the sheets you can and no one can find it. That's why you can /vpark it when it isn't in use.

2 minutes ago, SandroXiX said:

You will probably not /vpark your car when you are at the club or maybe you make a party at your home.

Point is if you are stealing someone's car for repossession you will put it in a secret place and not hide it somewhere on the street. You would put in some garage, hide it will all the sheets you can and no one can find it. That's why you can /vpark it when it isn't in use.

What about the GPS trackers half the server has in their cars?

• mj2002 locked this topic