Interiors with 'windows', showing wrong interior time

zaXer.

Night time interiors during day time servertime  

30 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Speaking about people with interiors who have windows showcasing the outside world, HOWEVER;

- they've set the /ptime to a time different than the server actual time

This causes you to enter in a bar in the morning, then inside it's night time. I understand doing that to activate the lights, etc, BUT if you got no outside scenery. If you can see the outside, you should keep the normal server time in it, no?

While I agree it would give me somewhat more immersion. It’s a thing that we shouldn’t force on people. It’s a game limitation that you cannot use the lights during daytime. Why should we force people to do something over a thing they can’t even control? 

I don't like it either, it ruins immersion. If your interior is one that has no windows on the exterior or you've put blinds over it then sure set it to night but if you've got windows that you can easily see outside and you set the wrong time then it sucks. 

I also hate when properties windows won't match up to the exterior but that's a different conversation. 

Ik my clinic one is set to day only because the walls look terrible otherwise, it ruins the look we attempted to go for. The other floor is whatever time though as that is where most RP happens. (We also dont tend to open at night so it's hardly noticable) 

On 7/25/2020 at 12:49 PM, zaXer. said:

Speaking about people with interiors who have windows showcasing the outside world, HOWEVER;

- they've set the /ptime to a time different than the server actual time

This causes you to enter in a bar in the morning, then inside it's night time. I understand doing that to activate the lights, etc, BUT if you got no outside scenery. If you can see the outside, you should keep the normal server time in it, no?

Highly depends on the interior in my opinion, but yes, some interiors look better at night than at day time. Especially since we can't change the texture color on the objects due to limitations of the game and such. So I am not against it as long as it's Roleplay-ed properly.

It doesn’t bother me enough to make it a rule. While yes, it can be immersion breaking if there are massive windows rather than a few small ones, I get it. My old bar, Outpost 13, looked TRASH during the daytime but at night looked amazing. 

• 4 months later...
  • mj2002 locked this topic