[FACEBROWSER] Remove purchasable verification

Fergie

Re-read the suggestion and completely changing my post.

I agree with removing the “Checkmark” being purchasable, but just leave the rest of the package the way it is. Let the check mark become something that must be applied for, like an application. I don’t see many people getting all worked up if all they lose is the checkmark, but keep the rest of the package the same. 

Edited by Chief
  • Upvote 1
Just now, eTaylor said:

I think you’re missing the point and why it costs money in the first place

People more than likely buy those tiers for the post boosting, not the tick.

Not missing the point at all, you're just failing to see this as a possible solution.

5 minutes ago, Jura said:

People more than likely buy those tiers for the post boosting, not the tick.

Not missing the point at all, you're just failing to see this as a possible solution.

I just don’t see it effecting revenue positively.

15 minutes ago, Chief said:

I don’t see the issue with it being paid OOC’ly. It’s a non-essential feature that’s given freely for the pleasure of the community members. I think it’s fairly hypocritical to expect the server owners to run it for free (even with existing server donations). It’s a separate server requiring separate resources. We suspend belief in plenty of other areas of our game and rules, so it’s not a far stretch to just leave this the way it is. 

Did you bother reading at all? Multiple times I and other people said leave the paid post boosting feature. 

In addition, yes it costs money to run. No one is debating that. However the donations from regular server donations combined with the purchases for post boosting would still be more than enough to host and manage the FB service, game server and then some. It’s a relatively light weight script. I’ve used the exact same script in the past and had a few thousand users active daily, and it ran on a $100 vps without issue. 

Edited by Fergie
Just now, Fergie said:

Did you bother reading at all? Multiple times I and other people said leave the paid post boosting feature. 

In addition, yes it costs money to run. No one is debating that. However the donations from regular server donations combined with the purchases for post boosting would still be more than enough to host and manage the FB service, game server and then some. It’s a relatively light weight script. I’ve used the exact same script in the past and had a few thousand users active daily, and it ran on a $100 vps without issue. 

@Fergie I know, I re-read and edited my entire post. Apologies! 

2 minutes ago, eTaylor said:

I just don’t see it effecting revenue positively.

Right so you honestly believe that people would rather pay 8 euro's+ for a verification tick?

When they could just just buy the 3 euro package if they solely wanted the tick, and even if that was the case, I don't see how that is going to pay the monthly bill to keep Facebrowser up and running.

People pay over the 8 euro mark most likely for the boosted posts perk, that's it.

Edited by Jura
1 hour ago, m1m1m1 said:

What bro? Why even make this thread? You're crying over a tick?

Yes. Creating a suggestion and proposing alternatives is, in fact, a form of crying and not at all what this section is meant for.

/s

Seriously though, if you have a useful opinion to contribute to the discussion, please feel free.

Edited by Fergie