Facebrowser Inc.

YWard

1 minute ago, JoeWarner said:

Like Social Media in real life you cannot use the same email for two accounts, as email is your unique identifier along with the IP, I might however include a feature to quickly switch between accounts without Logout/Login.

By FB accounts I mean our character alts, seeing as our emails for our FB accounts are OOC, or at least I'd assume they're OOC just for login purposes.

Account-switching would be useful though. Having to remember several emails for alts would be inconvenient to use this.

Edited by Rahikeru
Just now, Rahikeru said:

By FB accounts I mean our character alts, seeing as our emails for our FB accounts are OOC, or at least I'd assume they're OOC just for login purposes.

They are OOC however, you need them to recover passwords and receive notifications, like any other websites.

Long story short, you cannot use the same email for two accounts, like every other service online, new accounts require unique email addresses.

Just now, JoeWarner said:

They are OOC however, you need them to recover passwords and receive notifications, like any other websites.

Long story short, you cannot use the same email for two accounts, like every other service online, new accounts require unique email addresses.

What if it was a similar system to in-game, i.e. multiple accounts under one email. Being able to freely switch between them without different login details?

Just now, Rahikeru said:

What if it was a similar system to in-game, i.e. multiple accounts under one email. Being able to freely switch between them without different login details?

This will require major rework that is basically redoing the website from scratch losing old statuses/profile which is not something we'll do, as the bad outweighs the good.

@Aquila if you have 1 gmail account you have practically an infinite number of e-mail addresses.

This is because gmail is "period-blind" meaning it removes all period "." characters from its calculations. In simple terms, if you send an e-mail to [email protected] and another email to [email protected] they will both be received by the same account.

This means that you can use your gmail address with a different number of period characters in it for each of your alts as they are considered different e-mails by FB but not by gmail. This is what I do/did for Blaise and the 3 business pages I used to manage so it works.

Furthermore you don't even need to remember how many dots each alt has cos you can log in to FB with your username for each account.

Edited by MalteseWolf
Tagged wrong person
  • Upvote 2
  • 3 months later...
14 hours ago, Mikee said:

Good job! It brings a lot of roleplay oportunities for obvious reasons: you can do a lot of things via Facebrowser. Good job, again! Well done. Keep it going.

Thank you for the support! it should be back and more active pretty soon!

• Upvote 1
  • 3 months later...