Mandatory Age Check at New Player Application

jcat

9 minutes ago, Tank said:

The staff team here has actually taken measures against it where it's a much smaller problem.

Exactly!  Players knowing if the player they're interacting with is over 18 or not would give them the choice of how they want to act, and it would help the staff enforce the rules they already have.  It would totally remove the fake excuse of oh they didn't know the player was under 18.  

Staff has already taken a big step in the right direction by putting character ages in the descriptions.  Putting an 18+ note would help them enforce the solid rules they already have, and help players who want to do the right thing.  It's pretty common sense, I'm kind of surprised people are against it. 

26 minutes ago, jcat said:

Staff has already taken a big step in the right direction by putting character ages in the descriptions.  Putting an 18+ note would help them enforce the solid rules they already have, and help players who want to do the right thing.  It's pretty common sense, I'm kind of surprised people are against it. 

It’s your own responsibility, I personally can’t see an age verification system to be successful or beneficial to the playerbase. Furthermore it’s unnecessary and redundant.

This isn’t about cussing or violence though, this is hoping staff will make it easier for players to work out who is over 18 therefore can ERP. 

If someone owns a copy of GTA chances are they’ve seen a lot of violence and heard a lot of cuss words. 

Just don't ERP ?‍♀️

1 minute ago, Cara said:

This isn’t about cussing or violence though, this is hoping staff will make it easier for players to work out who is over 18 therefore can ERP. 

If someone owns a copy of GTA chances are they’ve seen a lot of violence and heard a lot of cuss words. 

Just don't ERP ?‍♀️

I just don’t remember this ever being an issue when I first played GTA RP when I was 14 or 15

9 minutes ago, Cara said:

It’s not an issue on any RP server usually. This is purely panic over the new rules for ERP, by players who want to make it the server and staff’s responsibility to confirm who they can ERP with.

It’s not the server’s or staff’s responsibility. How hard is it to ask if somebody is over the age of 18?

On 7/22/2020 at 5:53 AM, Alexandra said:

This is an opportunity for the development team to use some OCR technology to read ID photos to get dates of birth and keep them on record. However, doing so would potentially open up the server to some GDPR stuff.

That would be a huge invasion of privacy, and seeing how some people are in this community. I'd rather not put that kind of information out there.

In reality, the admins should've just decided no ERP is allowed on the server, completely wipes out all this other pointless shit.

Edited by Jura