Mandatory Age Check at New Player Application

jcat

To protect the community, what about requiring new players to state that their real life age is either 18 or over, or under 18?  Then have that statement automatically on their descriptions, viewable with the /examine command, a short note in the description like 18+ or Under 18.  

The character's description would read:

Age range 17 - 19

IC Age 18+  OOC Age 18+

Description text.

or...

Age range 17 - 19

IC Age Under 18  OOC Age 18+

The age statement could be collected from new players with a statement and a checkbox on the application.  The age info could be viewed by anyone doing the /examine command.  This would meet the requirements and intent of the new rules and make checking ages much easier for people in game.

1 hour ago, mj2002 said:

People can and will lie about their age in applications, rendering this pretty much pointless. And no, there isn't going to be any review of real life documents. That'll never happen.

If they lie it’s their problem not

yours. You don’t need to check ID or anything you can just have an age checkbox. In the decades these servers have been around this has never been an issue.

1 hour ago, Alexandra said:

This is an opportunity for the development team to use some OCR technology to read ID photos to get dates of birth and keep them on record. However, doing so would potentially open up the server to some GDPR stuff.

No

1 hour ago, eTaylor said:

If they lie it’s their problem not yours. You don’t need to check ID or anything you can just have an age checkbox. In the decades these servers have been around this has never been an issue.

This. Pretty simple concept and easy to implement I would think.

18 minutes ago, Alexandra said:

Any reason why? Want to actually contribute constructively to a discussion instead of farming forum posts?

farming forum posts lmao...
Why I have to send my id? It's a tons of work for the staff to check the ids and I don't think all users wants to show it.
A better solution would be:

14 hours ago, eTaylor said:

If they lie it’s their problem not

yours. You don’t need to check ID or anything you can just have an age checkbox. In the decades these servers have been around this has never been an issue.

Don't you think?

Edited by bncal
15 hours ago, Alexandra said:

This is an opportunity for the development team to use some OCR technology to read ID photos to get dates of birth and keep them on record. However, doing so would potentially open up the server to some GDPR stuff.

No, I will never in my life consent to having my Identification being read and added into a database. While I trust Nervous and his staff team, I do not trust other people who can find a way into a "secure" database. 

EDIT: 

Having any form of Identification stolen can ruin someone's life. While I might be paranoid, I would never send in my ID to have access to a roleplaying game. It's ridiculous.

Edited by Tennplugg
  • Upvote 4
  • Applaud 2