Defining A Good Roleplayer.

Shaderz

One little thing I like to see is people just taking their time with their roleplay. Yes, in terms of character development but even on scenes. Sometimes, you can't take your time to roleplay things, but when you can, emote your actions. Opening your door, checking your side view mirror, RP things that people already assume that you do. Do something a little different than what everyone's used to seeing.

• Upvote 1

A good roleplayer is someone that plays like the game is real life, like the character he's playing is him, a good roleplayer is someone that takes everything around his environment into consideration, fear, addiction, hunger, weather, everything. 

A properly roleplayed character is that character that makes you feel like that's a real person.

It's as simple as that, really. If the community was composed by the kind of player I just told y'all about, we simply wouldn't have forum reports, none of that. Play to win is inexistent when you play with AND against this kind of player. 

What I realized over the years is that the good roleplayer is the one that always gets what he wants, because he's welcome anywhere, either as a friend or enemy. You want to play with and against this kind of player regardless of his position.

Good screenshots never made someone less of a shitty player or more of a good player, they're just screenshots.

• Upvote 1
36 minutes ago, Homie said:

A good roleplayer is someone that plays like the game is real life, like the character he's playing is him, a good roleplayer is someone that takes everything around his environment into consideration, fear, addiction, hunger, weather, everything. 

A properly roleplayed character is that character that makes you feel like that's a real person.

It's as simple as that, really. If the community was composed by the kind of player I just told y'all about, we simply wouldn't have forum reports, none of that. Play to win is inexistent when you play with AND against this kind of player. 

What I realized over the years is that the good roleplayer is the one that always gets what he wants, because he's welcome anywhere, either as a friend or enemy. You want to play with and against this kind of player regardless of his position.

Good screenshots never made someone less of a shitty player or more of a good player, they're just screenshots.

Could not have been worded any better.

A good roleplayer should never consider their characters being themselves. Cause that's where line between IC and OOC gets blurry, which shouldn't happen. I'd word it like this. A good roleplayer plays realistically according to their character. And takes every factor into consideration. Which is not so common. It's all about details rather than the whole picture. 

1 hour ago, Engelbert said:

A good roleplayer should never consider their characters being themselves. Cause that's where line between IC and OOC gets blurry, which shouldn't happen. I'd word it like this. A good roleplayer plays realistically according to their character. And takes every factor into consideration. Which is not so common. It's all about details rather than the whole picture. 

Knowing the character you've developed and self-inserting are different things. "Playing the character as if it were him" doesn't refer to them blurring OOC lines, more so that they can actually immerse themselves into a situation from their characters perspective. Blurring IC and OOC lines is a sign of a subpar roleplayer, and normally comes hand in hand with a play-to-win attitude. 

1 hour ago, Engelbert said:

you got this shit twisted buddy, i never said that you should act like your character OOCly, it's the other way around. If you act like that character is you, while ingame of course, your roleplay is way better, the decisions you make are way more realistic, everything becomes better, you bring more immersion not only to the people around you but to yourself, it's just more fun all around, for everyone involved. 

hence why Valenti smashes the same key for over a decade, you must roleplay like that character is you, this made their faction the greatest ever, they're still up and running after a decade, well respected not only in LSRP but in any community you'll ever come across. they provide the greatest sort of roleplay, simply because they bring immersion to the fullest when you're around them. it's just a good time no matter what.

this is the most basic rule a good roleplayer should follow, act like that character is you

You as a roleplayer are not defined by how many screens you take, the quality of those screens, the quality of the /mes, your ability to speak and communicate English effectively. 
To be a good roleplayer is to go above and beyond these usual norms, you can have the worst screens in the world but still be an excellent roleplayer, why? Because you can seperate in character from OOC, you are willing to take a L. Instead of just jumping into /b you keep most things IC. You also have realistic char portrayal and your char has flaws like any other human being. 
I'm not saying I'm a perfect roleplayer by any means, I am far from it. However, what I am doing, is constantly trying to improve my roleplay. In the end we're all human beings, and everyone needs to learn.

Edited by xdthe
  • Upvote 1