Defining A Good Roleplayer.

Shaderz

• What in your opinion defines a good roleplayer? If you as k me a good roleplayer is defined by his/hers ability to create any type of scenario and be able to not argue OOCly about it or anything of sorts.
  • What qualities must a good roleplayer have? To be civil all the time in an OOC manner and to keep all things IC at all times, whether they like it or not from an OOC standpoint, this is something overlooked if you ask me. 
  • At what point can you consider someone a good roleplayer? Whenever they don't go in /b arguing about an action that happened ICly or whenever their /me or /do or commands of sorts don't have a general terminology to it, most of the time anyway. 
  • What exactly in your opinion differs a good roleplayer from a not so good/meh/bad roleplayer? The quality of their roleplay. how they want to portray their character, the overall attitude towards the server administration or the players in general on an OOC level. 
  • What do you look for the most in someone when you roleplay with them? Just overall good behavior on an OOC level for the most part.
  • Do good roleplayers necessarily have to have knowledge in multiple types of roleplay (government, legal, illegal)? Not necessarily, good roleplayers should be able to distinguish from one character to the other and should be able to roleplay any type of situation, my go-to thing whenever I don't know something is to go to google and search it. A good roleplayer doesn't necessarily have the knowledge of every type of roleplay, but can adapt to it, in my opinion anyways.
  • Is it better as a roleplayer to focus solely on a specific type and be exceptionally great at it or know not as much about them but still be enough as per server standards even if not as good as the former? If you're new to any type of roleplay you should focus being decent at first, whenever you get the hang of it to go all out and let people know that you can be exceptionally great, as you put it here. 

This is just my opinion on the spot, I might be an idiot and say something I don't necessarily mean fully, but could also change opinion as the day goes on, that being said, cheers peeps! 

not screaming mallrat at every person that isnt an illegal rper or a cop, tbh. rest is already said in the topic by people like Kipps, Captain and nateX among others, so no use repeating the same thing a thousand times.

pfs dont make you a mallrat. how you use pfs makes you one.

what you roleplay doesn't make you a mallrat. how you roleplay it makes you one.

using the term mallrat in-character makes you a mallrat/idlerat, so stfu you're not above anyone else. no arguing that one.

your /stats dont define your ic value. roleplay your character correctly. don't be a loser in a ferarri just because you have 1m.

on the flipside, just because someone has 1m, it doesnt mean they're a mallrat, stop judging /stats as ic when you're given 800+ an hour + 200k to start.

we're roleplaying on a game, it isn't a game where you're playing to win. it's a game you're using for a roleplaying experience. stop playing to win and start playing to experience what unfolds, no rp is as fun as the rp when you're playing that way.

passive roleplay more. stop coming ingame to do a drug sale for your screenshot thread, it doesnt make you a good roleplayer.

owning a sports car doesn't make you a mallrat, how you use it does.

roleplay standards are important. don't roleplay something if you don't know what the fuck you're doing in the slightest. research at least a little beforehand and learn off the people who know more. people will appreciate you, and showing that you care about improving your roleplay shows that you're a far better roleplayer than someone with better /me's but is locked and stubborn in their "way of roleplay"

a lot of people need to read that, a lot of people don't because they're already quality roleplayers and i love every one of them because they're the ones that make the experience what it is, even if i might shit talk some stupid choices some of em make here n there. something something passionate about roleplay annoyed when people are sucky. i shittalk myself just as much though so we're cool i dont hate you. promise.

theres my hot-take. i guess this is more what makes you a bad roleplayer though? anyone new to roleplay IMO should read all this shit and take it into mind before you let somebody teach you typical gtarp bad habits. it's not law and don't take it that way, but it's a good start to the mindset you should be in for gta rp, not the toxic one that runs around calling everything a mallrat in whatever language their character speaks. that's not good roleplay and it never will be.

also, quit jumpin into /b cause a situation doesn't go your way. if you think someone's rulebreaking, report them, if you're just mad? roleplay that shit, log off after its all said and done and take a chillpill bro. It's just roleplay.

Edited by ?????????
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2020 at 6:48 PM, ????????? said:

not screaming mallrat at every person that isnt an illegal rper or a cop, tbh. rest is already said in the topic by people like Kipps, Captain and nateX among others, so no use repeating the same thing a thousand times.

pfs dont make you a mallrat. how you use pfs makes you one.

what you roleplay doesn't make you a mallrat. how you roleplay it makes you one.

using the term mallrat in-character makes you a mallrat/idlerat, so stfu you're not above anyone else. no arguing that one.

your /stats dont define your ic value. roleplay your character correctly. don't be a loser in a ferarri just because you have 1m.

on the flipside, just because someone has 1m, it doesnt mean they're a mallrat, stop judging /stats as ic when you're given 800+ an hour + 200k to start.

we're roleplaying on a game, it isn't a game where you're playing to win. it's a game you're using for a roleplaying experience. stop playing to win and start playing to experience what unfolds, no rp is as fun as the rp when you're playing that way.

passive roleplay more. stop coming ingame to do a drug sale for your screenshot thread, it doesnt make you a good roleplayer.

owning a sports car doesn't make you a mallrat, how you use it does.

roleplay standards are important. don't roleplay something if you don't know what the fuck you're doing in the slightest. research at least a little beforehand and learn off the people who know more. people will appreciate you, and showing that you care about improving your roleplay shows that you're a far better roleplayer than someone with better /me's but is locked and stubborn in their "way of roleplay"

a lot of people need to read that, a lot of people don't because they're already quality roleplayers and i love every one of them because they're the ones that make the experience what it is, even if i might shit talk some stupid choices some of em make here n there. something something passionate about roleplay annoyed when people are sucky. i shittalk myself just as much though so we're cool i dont hate you. promise.

theres my hot-take. i guess this is more what makes you a bad roleplayer though? anyone new to roleplay IMO should read all this shit and take it into mind before you let somebody teach you typical gtarp bad habits. it's not law and don't take it that way, but it's a good start to the mindset you should be in for gta rp, not the toxic one that runs around calling everything a mallrat in whatever language their character speaks. that's not good roleplay and it never will be.

also, quit jumpin into /b cause a situation doesn't go your way. if you think someone's rulebreaking, report them, if you're just mad? roleplay that shit, log off after its all said and done and take a chillpill bro. It's just roleplay.

seems like you don't get along with illegal rpers ?

6 hours ago, Jeffreyy said:

seems like you don't get along with illegal rpers ?

I actually do, nothin wrong with illegal rpers, friends with a good bit of them and have done plenty myself. Just a lot of traits I don't like in that crowd. A lot of shit I don't like from the civilian/legal crowd either. Not all illegal rpers even fall under what I said either, all of that shit comes from both crowds (except for maybe the screenshot thread drug deal thing, which yes, that was a jab at bad gang rpers that act high and mighty yet only come on to shoot people and do drug deals, it doesn't apply to anyone other than those types)

Idk why you felt the need to comment on a multiple month old post tho ? as long as people are chill ooc, got genuinely good rp and ain't attacking people ooc over nothing they're cool in my book tbh. That post was just me ranting about the dumb shit that I always see people doing. I don't get along with rpers in general that are like that, it ain't locked to illegal rp. You'd be surprised how many legal rpers fall under what I said as well, it's prolly more than illegal rpers.

Definitely comes off the way you thought though I ain't even gonna bullshit on that ??