Ban Appeals are now hidden? / ES Controversy

1 minute ago, Jovis said:

Another day, another controversial thread from this guy.

You really don't see the problem with what they've done? Sounds like you are defending them by the way.

Do you have any other points to defend your position here? Just throwing out “you are racist you are defending racists” isnt really any argument.

These are just my two cents on the situation, don't take it as an ''official statement from the staff team'' or anything of that sort, as it's in none of my interests to make neither am I in the position to. 

This thread is ridiculous. If you're gonna make racist or homophobic remarks on Discord associated with GTA W and consisting mainly if not entirely of GTA W players - you're bound to face consequences. I'm more than happy that the staff team is cracking down on this as first of all, I've myself seen and reported multiple instances of racist behaviour from now banned players back in the day, and seeing them face punishments is only fair. 

How do you expect a faction Discord that is entirely related to GTA W not to be moderated by the staff team? One of the main reasons for staff members to be in Discords like that in the first place is to moderate them and make sure no other rule breaks happen. 

• Applaud 2
2 minutes ago, ThatDutchPerson said:

Do you have any other points to defend your position here? Just throwing out “you are racist you are defending racists” isnt really any argument.

Your entire original post is justification for me saying you're defending racists.

Just now, nateX said:

These are just my two cents on the situation, don't take it as an ''official statement from the staff team'' or anything of that sort, as it's in none of my interests to make neither am I in the position to. 

This thread is ridiculous. If you're gonna make racist or homophobic remarks on Discord associated with GTA W and consisting mainly if not entirely of GTA W players - you're bound to face consequences. I'm more than happy that the staff team is cracking down on this as first of all, I've myself seen and reported multiple instances of racist behaviour from now banned players back in the day, and seeing them face punishments is only fair. 

How do you expect a faction Discord that is entirely related to GTA W not to be moderated by the staff team? One of the main reasons for staff members to be in Discords like that in the first place is to moderate them and make sure no other rule breaks happen. 

So when will the people who shouted “nigger” in the GTA World discord get game banned? There is a backlog of 5 pages and I still see those people ingame.

Okay so, unban appeals should be public, so should player reports. These are things that the community might want to see, so that we don't acidentally install a fascist authority on here.... But, you're coming off a bit crazy buddy. No offense intended. A bit "big conspiracy"-like. Think about the fact that the quite small staff team are handling probably a thousand of different players, at highest population there's 500-600 on the server. Nervous is gone for a bit, and this staff team has work, education etc to focus on aside from the server aswell. Some of them are probably going on vacation since it's the summer, and thus, probably want to relax, not perform some cue to get rid of racists on the server. 

This doesn't even sound important enough to bother any staff. Plus, there's no rule about "being a racist". There's rules about expressing such views on the server. You can be whatever you want. Shit, you could sympathize with nazis for all I, or anyone else cares. Just don't express it related to the server tbh. That's the point.

If you're a racist, just keep it to yourself you know. 

Edited by cracked

Whatever you do and say reflects to who you are as a person and what GTAW is saying is that we have no place for Racists in our server. So if you do say dumb stuff, you have to own up to it and face the consequences of those actions. Whether it be racial slurs, cyber bullying, or being plain rude to someone. All of those actions have consequences on GTAW and everything that surrounds it. 

Edit: Ban appeals can be sensitive if not what confronting at some points, people deserve privacy and don't always have to make a public apology. Cause that's basically what happens in appeals.

Edited by goddessoflife
  • Upvote 1