Amendment to CCTV Rules

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 9:43 AM, Anselmi said:

Unless you have actual footage, the truth can very easily be distorted - and who are we to believe if you and the perpetrator give conflicting stories about what happened?

Not in a most simple case where someone's face is captured by the CCTV or not. Admin can easily check if they tried walking their heads down or used a mask or whatever.

CCTV should not be a rarity and a OOC loophole. It's not even that hard to RP around it even if it does exist and you plan on committing a crime there. It is just so immersion breaking when people can just come and decline their consent - making a 21'st century, suddenly a 19'th.

If a player has the events recorded and they're allowed to use it, it must be given to all sides involved, unedited.

If the offenders have a recording and claim it's CCTV, it should be given (unedited) to any and all parties involved, that means handing it over to LSPD/LSSD etc

I've had this happen against me where the offenders had "CCTV footage" from their perspective that LSPD roleplayed not being able to equire because of ownership issues, this was then used against me in court as admins deemed it fine.

The above shouldn't happen.

No OOC consent should be needed in regards to CCTV/Dashcam at all, it makes no sense.

Same with places of work being allowed to have outside CCTV, most places do IRL, so why is it not being allowed on the server?

Edited by Jura

I feel police dash cam should also go back to requiring actual video footage as now police only have to type what happened and some add in extra bits to secure the arrest (I’m a lawyer and happened to a client of mine who was actually innocent! Had to go through forum reports and the lot).

However +1 on CCTV not needing both party’s permission.

Edited by orangejuice

There was a guy that tried to rob me on the roof of Hawaiian Snow. He wasn't even wearing a mask.

- There are TWO signs warning of CCTV pointing at the skate park, one of those right at the entrance which he passed.

- There are two actually mapped cameras that covers the entire skate park.

He said he'd report me for powergaming as he gave no consent for CCTV.

Please, this rule needs to be modernized.

• Bombie locked this topic