Disallow evading police without reason

Zani

8 hours ago, Memozzy said:

People do dumb shit irl and that doesn’t even happen that rarely. So that’s a biiiiig no from me. As long as there is no breach of rules let them do what they want and stop trying to say what others can and can’t do.

It’s not even funny to read the constant “your character wouldn’t do it” Comments

it’s my character, not yours. Hands off.

Okay buddy. The ‘let people do what they want’ argument doesn’t really work because that’s not how life works and that’s not how this server works. You can’t just walk down a street and shoot someone for no reason even if you had roleplay involved, right? So I believe that for the same reason, if you cannot articulate a possible reason why someone would flee from police with a vehicle, you should really be looked into by an administrator which is why I’m suggesting this as a rule. The amount of pursuits right now is crazy. 

8 hours ago, Anselmi said:

This is a bit overbearing, even by my standards. Who's to say I'm not portraying my character as a paranoid neurotic who would flee for seemingly no reason? Who's to say I don't have something in my car that I shouldn't have? Adding restrictions like this, where you don't reasonably know what's going through the other person's mind, is going to lead to reports that are unfounded.

A police officer would reasonably suspect that you have a weapon or something that you shouldn’t have if you run from police. It’s why weapons are drawn when it comes to a stop and lots of precautions are taken for officer and public safety. If you have something in your vehicle, then that’s a possible reason why someone would flee. I’m not sure if you know, but most people we catch that flee don’t even have any illegal items on them. A lot of people do it purely for the sake that it gives them a thrill OOC as though they’re on GTA online.

As previously mentioned, you could roleplay a psycho but you’re not allowed to roleplay killing someone without any motive.

Just now, eTaylor said:

What constitutes a reason and what doesn’t? 

I believe that’s a question that you could come up with the answer to.

Don't see a point in this. People that evade get booked IC-ly and the point system does it's work. They can also lose their car, get it impounded/crushed if they fuck up a certain amount of times. There's a great system in place and I don't see how disallowing evading is gonna help that. If people evade, they get caught and get points thrown at them. Simple as that.

Just now, JustAnM43 said:

Don't see a point in this. People that evade get booked IC-ly and the point system does it's work. They can also lose their car, get it impounded/crushed if they fuck up a certain amount of times. There's a great system in place and I don't see how disallowing evading is gonna help that. If people evade, they get caught and get points thrown at them. Simple as that.

Their vehicle gets impounded. Only when a vehicle is unregistered it gets seized away from the player. Most vehicles on this server are registered.

I should mention that, in total, I’ve been in the LEO faction for about over 2 years total now. Very rarely does evading provide good roleplay for the server. Sure, if you have something to hide, go for it. But when you’re driving around in your super cars wearing high end clothing and you run for the heck of it, then I feel that’s a major roleplay issue that should be enforced further on this server. So, I don’t know if people that are commenting are mostly not part of PD/SD, but with the amount of time and experience I have on this server alone, I can say it very rarely provides for any good roleplay.

• Upvote 1

There are a few select cops I'd run from IC'ly just because they're dickheads IC'ly...

I got pulled over for almost turning down a one way street, but as soon as I noticed the "Do Not Enter" sign I backed back onto the road I was on and carried on straight.

The cop pulled me over, kept asking me completely unrelated questions to the traffic stop, kept accusing me of being drunk even though there were no IC signs of being drunk or even high. I asked for a supervisor and he and his partner faked calling for one over the radio. Guy kept asking me where I worked, as I told him I was just headed to work; so I'd just respond "I don't have to answer that question" because I was tired of him wasting my time.

So what does the guy do? Wastes even more of my time by doing all kinds of checks on my car, just to give me a $1,000 ticket for window tint and literally nothing else.

So yeah, if most of the cops on this server are going to be dickheads IC'ly; people are definitely going to keep running.

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, Saccs said:

Contrary to popular belief, we at PD don’t really want to be in a pursuit that’s over 5-10 minutes long, and you’re not ‘giving’ us something to do. Some people act like they’re doing us a favor after they run from us.

could swear the server isn't called LSPDWorld

mad

let people do what they want. it might seem like people are evading for no reason at first glance but people have many different reasons why they might evade. are they high? are they previously wanted for something? are they just generally paranoid? there's more factors to it than just "im evading for the sake of it haha". obviously if they're copbaiting, u shouldn't chase them and if u fall for their bait then its ur fault

• Upvote 1