[LSNN] LSFD Unveils The Liberty Concept

Sal

1379202296_Logocomplete.png.65ed9d2f6de8eabb6d3cfd6a385f96e1.png

image.png.b6055f5c8f0d5b6267d9a6269231bae8.png

LSFD Unveils The Liberty Concept
Adrian Winter

The Los Santos Fire Department has enacted a new initiative to help victims of sexual harassment, domestic violence and abuse in the city, coming into effect immediately.

image.png.ebb7d2522358bbc2c51be5edfeda5e7b.png

The "Liberty Concept", published in a recent press release from the LSFD, details numerous measures that are now available to potential victims seeking shelter from predators.

Any individual can now utter the words "Can you give me directions to Liberty?", which acts as a code phrase for those involved in the Liberty Concept. After hearing these words, the firefighter or lifeguard will then take the individual to safe and secluded location, away from any potential sexual predators. Authorities are then informed and the situation is dealt with by law enforcement officers. 

"We encourage other departments such as the Los Santos Sheriff's and Police Departments in also making an effort to have this be part of their procedure. Make this city safer for those who aren't able to speak out!" states the recent press release from the LSFD.

There are several registered "safe zones" across the city, mainly locations operated by the LSFD. It's currently understood that only firefighters and lifeguards are fully confirmed to be operating the system, but with its proliferation, we can expect to see LEOs enacting this more subtle approach in the near future.

image.png.ede60faaf933b6f44aff1378c0630393.png

Registered safe zones across Los Santos.

The move has received mostly positive feedback, praised as being a positive step forward for the safety of those who would otherwise fall prey to sexual attacks. However some critics say that the system is too simple and, once predators become familiar with the "code phrase", all discretion is lost. Whether the LSFD intends to periodically change the code phrase is unclear, but will likely be based on the success and adaptation of the concept in its current form. 

Do you feel safer knowing the Liberty Concept is in action now? We want to hear from you, leave a comment below and tell us your thoughts!

Further Reading:
LSFD press release - The Liberty Concept

lsnn.gta.world

#ads

2c0g0NG.png

image0.png

Edited by Allegra
  • Upvote 4
Just now, TakeTwo said:

Username:  LivinginLosSantos

Comment: Didn't this publication literally just out the "secret code" ? How are they planning on implementing new codes without publicizing it to everyone, thus making it less effective?

User: CallieP

Comment: The LSFD had published the material a few days ago, they gave it out themselves. LINK - But they never said how they intend on 'changing' the code, occasionally. 

Edited by Mitch

Username: FreddyMellet

Comment: The 'code' will not be changed, it's in effect a way out of a situation, as long as you are moved to safety it doesn't matter if the offender recognizes the 'code'. If they follow the victim to the safe-zone, they will not be admitted entry in which that is where the first point of contact to law enforcement occurs unless the offender shows aggression, if they attempt an act of violence against a member of the department or the victim, a panic button will be pushed - resulting in a flood of officers to the area.

• Upvote 2

Username: TheFatNargodian
Comment: As virile marriage-age wealthy man in Los Santos this make me too many happy. Lots of times I am upon the kebab shop or drinking bar when woman decide to sexual harass me. I will remember code word and use wisely. Plz keep making stuff like this instead of doing ur real jobs!

Edited by Dislord
16 hours ago, SaintBatemanofWallStreet said:

Username: ElephantWalker

Comment: The FD should concentrate on the quality of their medical practices instead of this crap. Because frankly I've seen better medical practices in third world countries. 

Username: seashore
Comment: y don't u go back there then? have fun dying of fuckin malaria while shitting ur backside out with diarrhea n getting a bundle of mixed herbs as ur medicine u dirty fuckin sand muncher

18 hours ago, WatchingEye said:

User: janexo

Comment: I like this, support it to the fullest, even though not a fan of the whole “secret code” type thingy, should be changed to something even more subtle and harder for predators to catch up with.

Username: JW123

Comment: You realize "predators" can read press releases just the same as the victims this program helps, right?

Edited by TylerW
  • Shvag locked this topic
  • Wuhtah unlocked this topic