What is going on really??

PapaDoc

8 minutes ago, Jedai said:

As a POC reading your previous comments, I would call you a racist sympathizer, ngl. Your first post defending someone saying "George Floyd deserved to die." off the rip? That's an L. 

As for the rest of this thread that is hard to keep up with because it's like a trash fire of differing opinions and points, I'll TLDR my thoughts.

- Roleplaying being underaged and selling urself is bad and weird. Buying said services knowing this person is rping being underaged, is also bad and weird. Being a pedo is bad. 

- The minimum age being 18 is not a good choice. Please revert. I think 16 is fine, anything younger just causes more problems because as we all know, aging your characters when you roleplay with a large group of people is weird. One day your 14. Next thing you know, you're locked up on drug traffkcing and arms dealing somehow and now you're 21 while your best friend is still 15. 

- Racism is bad. Don't say the N word. 

- More people should speak out about the weird shit that happens on the server that makes people uncomfortable. Let's make it acceptable to say "Hey bro, this shit is weird." 

Thank you for coming to my ted talk. 

co-signed-because-that-was-some-real-shi

Also @Skip you got me good with that Tim and Eric Paul Rudd gif... LMAO

When did RP turn into a one way railroad that is dictated by the administrators? Why are certain situations not allowed to be RP'd because the admin thinks they are "unrealistic". RP used to be a fun and immersive experience that required a lot of effort to perfect. Since when did we have to have all these limits on what we can RP, what we can't RP, what is "realistic" (I put this between quotation marks because realistic is such a subjective thing that differs from one person's knowledge and cultural/social experiences from the others.I.e an american would have a much better idea at how americans act in real life than a european). I haven't participated in Gang RP since 2018 but I know that if done correctly it can be one of the best RP experiences someone can ever have. You shouldn't get banned because you killed somebody that was resisting or not following commands during a mug, you shouldn't get banned for falsely killing someone you thought was the enemy (this happens all the time IRL and it is embraced in the areas where this happens). I also don't like the fact that Resident (who I am very familiar with and know his antics) is being let back after what he has done while some other RPers who have done far less than him are being told to shut up and wait their ban time out. What I also don't like is the discouragement towards new players who simply get banned because they never RP'd before, I mean how else is a new player supposed to be introduced to RP? If this was done to me when I first came into the scene it would have immediately put me off RP in general and think of it as something not that fun. I suggest Admins host RP schools on a weekly basis with the help of experienced communities to actually help teach these people the basics, and maybe we can have different more specific RP schools like gang RP, LEO RP, business RP, Gov RP etc... The fact that sooo many limits on what you can RP and how you can RP it are being put is leaving a very bad taste in every creative RPer's mouthes. Pedophiles should get banned yes, but don't make an entire section of the community that never engaged in such acticlvities take the fall for it as well. Gang RP os as crucial to the illegal scene as the employee base for the legal scene. They are the ones that it boils all down to, the ones that fight in the trenches and what do they get met with? The OOC hard end of the stick. 

Come on you mallrats give these guys a break, you all run around in your highly modified rally race cars at 20 years old owning what should be a multi-million dollar club and 16 properties and cars with no financial repercussions at all, the gang RPers are just trying to RP what they like the most, you will be hypocrites to say that gang RP is the worst aspect of the server and most unrealistic because a lot of you mallrats are actually some of the shittiest RPers I have ever seen, you just don't post it on a platform like gang RPers do in the illegal thread section.

Edited by Radhwan
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1

I agree with Radhwan.

A lot of roleplay, whether it’s illegal or not, is restricted on a basis of it being “unrealistic”. 

I remember seeing an acquaintance prepare a well thought out character who looked extremely crazy in-game, only to be banned because the ex-admin thought he’s a troll. 

I think out of the ordinary roleplay should be more encouraged, and murder shouldn’t be punished so much OOCly. 

There are many things that can be changed to allow for more IC developments and punishments instead of punishing someone OOCly just because it’s easier to do so. 

my £0.02

14 minutes ago, Radhwan said:

When did RP turn into a one way railroad that is dictated by the administrators? Why are certain situations not allowed to be RP'd because the admin thinks they are "unrealistic". RP used to be a fun and immersive experience that required a lot of effort to perfect. Since when did we have to have all these limits on what we can RP, what we can't RP, what is "realistic" (I put this between quotation marks because realistic is such a subjective thing that differs from one person's knowledge and cultural/social experiences from the others.I.e an american would have a much better idea at how americans act in real life than a european). I haven't participated in Gang RP since 2018 but I know that if done correctly it can be one of the best RP experiences someone can ever have. You shouldn't get banned because you killed somebody that was resisting or not following commands during a mug, you shouldn't get banned for falsely killing someone you thought was the enemy (this happens all the time IRL and it is embraced in the areas where this happens). I also don't like the fact that Resident (who I am very familiar with and know his antics) is being let back after what he has done while some other RPers who have done far less than him are being told to shut up and wait their ban time out. What I also don't like is the discouragement towards new players who simply get banned because they never RP'd before, I mean how else is a new player supposed to be introduced to RP? If this was done to me when I first came into the scene it would have immediately put me off RP in general and think of it as something not that fun. I suggest Admins host RP schools on a weekly basis with the help of experienced communities to actually help teach these people the basics, and maybe we can have different more specific RP schools like gang RP, LEO RP, business RP, Gov RP etc... The fact that sooo many limits on what you can RP and how you can RP it are being put is leaving a very bad taste in every creative RPer's mouthes. Pedophiles should get banned yes, but don't make an entire section of the community that never engaged in such acticlvities take the fall for it as well. Gang RP os as crucial to the illegal scene as the employee base for the legal scene. They are the ones that it boils all down to, the ones that fight in the trenches and what do they get met with? The OOC hard end of the stick. 

Come on you mallrats give these guys a break, you all run around in your highly modified rally race cars at 20 years old owning what should be a multi-million dollar club and 16 properties and cars with no financial repercussions at all, the gang RPers are just trying to RP what they like the most, you will be hypocrites to say that gang RP is the worst aspect of the server and most unrealistic because a lot of you mallrats are actually some of the shittiest RPers I have ever seen, you just don't post it on a platform like gang RPers do in the illegal thread section.

tenor.gif?itemid=15852258

People are giving out their opinions so here's mine.
First thing I want to talk about is the age limit:
Most players that RP in/around gangs in the server already know this, in real-life kids as young as the age of 9 are pulled and initiated into gangs, being 18 for a gangbanger is the same as being 30 for a normal person, people who gangbang rarely make it over 23. Limiting the age of characters will literally kill all street gang RP and push away most gang RPers out of the community/server, and keep in mind they make a huge percentage of the community.

ERP:
The thing is, not allowing underage characters isn't a solution to paedophilia, there are tons of underage players in the community, most of the time by RPing your character engaging in sexual intercourse with another character, you got no clue who the player behind it is and how old they are. Paedophilia is a thing, but I've noticed that people or the staff only pay attention to it when it's underage characters, what I'm getting at is ERP should be banned and sexting an underage player RPing an 18+ character is just as bad as ERPing with an underage character.

The gang roleplay community:
I've been playing on the server for a WHILE and what I've always noticed is how slept on gang RP is, and how harsh punishments are for the Gang RP community. I'm not saying we're all perfect, there are players that resort to shooting for very little reasons... But at the same time, IRL you'd get shot for wearing the wrong clothes, saying the wrong thing, looking at somebody the wrong way, ect... Also, there have been suggestions made months ago that would change alot about gang RP in a positive way, such as the crack suggestions ect, yet they're still not implied ? 
I'm not "complaining" only to complain, I'm typing this after I noticed Notbond's message, hoping that the issues won't just fly over everybody's heads and be ignored.

Also, I've been inactive these past two weeks and I don't know what's going on with the racist individual that's getting unbanned, but if what's said is true and that person did say what I saw in the screenshots (I'm aware some are fake) then they shouldn't be unbanned. Shooting pixel bullets can get you banned for longer than saying something that offensive??? And by offensive.. I mean, that shit does hurt.

• Syrike locked this topic