What is going on really??

PapaDoc

Just now, Oaks. said:

Well done dickhead, rather than seeing the underlining issue you played the victim. Case and point.

Are you for real? lmao. Just look at what I've posted here already. Actually read through some of my comments. 
Instead of discussing this, you've resorted to instantly attacking me personally and I'm the guy with the issue? Get out of here.

I agree, legal factions often are less hindered. Say you CK in an legal faction, you're allowed to name change and keep your position, while as an illegal role-playing you put everything on the line, everything is lost if you go to jail once too many or if you're CK'd. I promised myself not to be political and involve myself anymore in it on here due to past ban. But this is an actual issue at hand, illegal rpers are heavily penalized. And yes there is some sour apples in between but it shouldn't be at the cost of everyone's role-playing experience. 

3 minutes ago, Baize said:

Are you for real? lmao. Just look at what I've posted here already. Actually read through some of my comments. 
Instead of discussing this, you've resorted to instantly attacking me personally and I'm the guy with the issue? Get out of here.

@Oaks. did try to discuss it with you, instead you took the last sentence of her reply and went “OH SO IM A RACIST HUH???”.

30 minutes ago, Henning said:

TLDR of this thread so far:

Illegal RPers are frustrated because new rules are being added to address the pedophilia and disturbing behavior by players in the community ERPing as sexualized minors, Lesbian RPers came out of the woodwork because illegal RPers suggested banning ERP since it’s really not necessary and the new age rule won’t actually stop any of the disgusting that are happening but it will significantly hurt those who are attempting to RP young members of street gangs (which normally begin recruiting kids at around 13).

tumblr_oyj9hwEaRF1rbt1wio2_500.gif

Let's see if I can express something constructive here (obviously not directed at you @Henning).

I think the sex perverts need to be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. The big takeaway from my post in the "Ban ERP" thread is that—while I am now more aware than I was before of reprehensible behavior by admins and players alike on other servers much like this one—the pedophilia issue is being treated as systematic, like this place is a haven, that a witch hunt must commence. While people who do and do not bop their virtual bologna agree that people like that have no place on the server (or in any personal, human community), I think too much hate is being leveraged on those who choose to have consensual, adult pixel sex. This is not their cross to bear. This is on admins and the playerbase at large. It is an issue of vigilance and community outreach. We must all act as wards to stop this kind of behavior, but we also can't destroy avenues of storytelling simply because we're uncomfortable with the topics that come with it.

Maybe I'm biased. My character's interaction with the outside world is a constant state of psychosis, drug abuse, violence. This is an uncomfortable topic for me, because I've experienced it personally... but it's not like exploring it as another person, weaker sometimes, stronger others, doesn't help me cope and grow from what I've been through. I am seeing multiple posts from people that cement the ghetto/barrio gang communities as genuine people who actually have experienced real hurt and real poverty. Why should they be limited by the senselessness of one or two CHUDS?

Awful people exist and do awful things. The moral dilemma here is about expurgation. We permit, with consent, graphic depictions of harm to onesself and others. We allow adults to do some pretty disgusting things with one another, in and out of the bedroom, and sometimes it can make or break the development of a character. Adults, realistically, take advantage of children. Children are put in harms way constantly by the environments and people around them, their social and financial and religious and personal circumstances. If we're going to allow minors to participate as gangbangers, is that somehow incomparable to someone snatching them up in a van and "fading to black?" What if they fall in love with another minor?

We cannot tolerate explicit, graphic pedophilia, even if it's a fantasy between two neckbeards, which is all I think this is, rather than Epstein-levels of coordinated grooming/diddling—but we also cannot simultaneously permit literal child soldiers on one hand and then completely eradicate getting anywhere near TRULY uncomfortable topics.

And then, one has to ask—even if we do allow that, the fade to black, and the repercussions that follow—are the people who'd potentially create characters so disgusting to do something like that objective, consenting adults like we are, or are they creeps waiting to take it to DMs?

This raises many uncomfortable questions that I don't think one forum post can solve. I certainly have few answers, if any, besides my most vocal position: I also don't think a blanket decree banning people from playing kids is the solution to this problem.

Edited by Skip
  • Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1
Just now, rootless cosmopolitan said:

Anybody participating in pedophilia role play should be immediately banned and then reported to authorities. Personally I'd like to see all of them lined up and shot, but that's just me.

This, Nothing to add. Maybe strip 'em naked before you pop 'em. And cut their achilles with a rusty razor first. Then play 'shoot the worm'.

To butt my unnessacary opinion into this.

I’d like to step over the more controversial aspects of this discussion and more focus on what to do about illegal roleplay, as in to put in a ten step plan to improve it from a certain POV.

From what I can gather, the first issue seems to be a management or dev priority issue, illegal isn’t getting the dev time that Gov or Legal does. Which is fair enough, that drug system has been on the wait and see list since forever.

So, first step is getting script support for illegal rpers, at least an improvement to script support. Thats something illegal faction leaders can definitely push for with their IFM handlers. And the community at large should be pushing for it too.

The next is a punishment bias. From a general POV, davis is generally treated as nothing more then a war zone, we’re you’re likely to be shot, stabbed or otherwise. Fundamentally I think the community in the area should push for more public events. The Davis protestant church for example is a GREAT idea and a grand start to improving Davis’ image. 

And thats off the top of my head, generally I think if the discussion was focused more on solutions, there’s a better chance to get things done.

And yeah, sure theres the “management doesnt listen” thing, but they do. It just takes consistent pressure and persistence. Suggestions and contrastive conversation, the more you flip shit, the harder it is to fix stuff. Trust me I use to be the same way, it never got anywhere.

It eventually does work, and I really hope Illegal starts getting more support once the elections are dealt with and City Gov is running again, I think its the next priority anyways. Take it from a guy in the LSFD, we use to be the most ignored and underdeveloped  faction on the server, where even Nervous didnt even know who the faction leader was, nor did a sizable portipn of LFM. These past six months through focused effort, its changed for the better.

I think illegal factions can be improved greatly through dedication from the dev team, but first theres gotta be a clear list of wants and needs. There is already, its just gotta get organized.

Edited by KinnyWynny
20 minutes ago, Baize said:

As a POC reading your previous comments, I would call you a racist sympathizer, ngl. Your first post defending someone saying "George Floyd deserved to die." off the rip? That's an L. 

As for the rest of this thread that is hard to keep up with because it's like a trash fire of differing opinions and points, I'll TLDR my thoughts.

- Roleplaying being underaged and selling urself is bad and weird. Buying said services knowing this person is rping being underaged, is also bad and weird. Being a pedo is bad. 

- The minimum age being 18 is not a good choice. Please revert. I think 16 is fine, anything younger just causes more problems because as we all know, aging your characters when you roleplay with a large group of people is weird. One day your 14. Next thing you know, you're locked up on drug traffkcing and arms dealing somehow and now you're 21 while your best friend is still 15. 

- Racism is bad. Don't say the N word. 

- More people should speak out about the weird shit that happens on the server that makes people uncomfortable. Let's make it acceptable to say "Hey bro, this shit is weird." 

Thank you for coming to my ted talk. 

• Upvote 1
  • Syrike locked this topic