What is going on really??

PapaDoc

I think another prevalent issue is the staff team works on a “we’ll only investigate if you report it” basis.

But when a good number of high level management members are in PD or are legal characters, every RP quality report is handled behind closed doors and with so many of illegal RPer’s feeling like they aren’t given a fair shake by staff, nobody really feels like reporting things to staff will end up going anywhere. 

What I can't tell is if this is a manifesto about the underlying identity politics behind our virtual affiliations, a conversation about the minimum age to participate in gang roleplay, or an attack on pretend internet lesbians.

I'm jumping in on this kinda late I guess and without filtering through all of the comments but it should be pretty obvious to anyone with a brain cell that what Resident said was not overtly racist.
It was fucking horrible, and out right stupid to say what he did. The fact still remains that the phrase "George Floyd deserved to die" is not racist.
"Hitler deserved to die" am I racist to white people for saying that? Come on.

Resident deserved his ban because he antagonised a situation and he's a streamer for the community, I can get behind that. Anyone who thinks that it's because of a racist comment is sadly blinded by their own issues and trying to pile on out of a general dislike of the person(s) involved.

EDIT: I'll change the phrase "Hitler deserved to die" to something more relevant as Hitler was not an accurate representation. "Johnny Depp deserved to die" Hell, any white name inserted. It's still the same.

Edited by Baize

Now with character ages in descriptions, it should be possible to filter for certain obscene words. Say, if a person below 18 uses a word from a list of admin-specified obscenities in their emotes, then admins would be alerted to that and they could check out the logs at their leisure. If it's ERP, ban em, if not, leave them. This wouldn't add too much strain to the admin team either as they could just check out the logs whenever they have time for it. 

Thoughts? 

Just now, Baize said:

I'm jumping in on this kinda late I guess and without filtering through all of the comments but it should be pretty obvious to anyone with a brain cell that what Resident said was not overtly racist.
It was fucking horrible, and out right stupid to say what he did. The fact still remains that the phrase "George Floyd deserved to die" is not racist.
"Hitler deserved to die" am I racist to white people for saying that? Come on.

Resident deserved his ban because he antagonised a situation and he's a streamer for the community, I can get behind that. Anyone who thinks that it's because of a racist comment is sadly blinded by their own issues and trying to pile on out of a general dislike of the person(s) involved.

You seem to be ignoring the context of the situation. Hitler wasn't executed for being of a certain race, he was executed for being a NAZI White Supremacist. However, in the case of George Floyd? It was a representation of black racial discrimination within the U.S... hence, it should be treated as one.

Just now, Hugh-Gi-Oh said:

Now with character ages in descriptions, it should be possible to filter for certain obscene words. Say, if a person below 18 uses a word from a list of admin-specified obscenities in their emotes, then admins would be alerted to that and they could check out the logs at their leisure. If it's ERP, ban em, if not, leave them. This wouldn't add too much strain to the admin team either as they could just check out the logs whenever they have time for it. 

Thoughts? 

Sounds practical... players should also report players that have potentially sexually obscene descriptions within their underaged character, as-well.

Just now, DLimit said:

You seem to be ignoring the context of the situation. Hitler wasn't executed for being of a certain race, he was executed for being a NAZI White Supremacist. However, in the case of George Floyd? It was a representation of black racial discrimination within the U.S... hence, it should be treated as one.

I have edited since that quote, as I realise using Hitler as a base line is going to get exactly this response.
You put any white name into that same sentence and are you now a racist? It wasn't about race, it was about provoking a group of people who were also provoking him and his people.

The whole situation is out of hand.

Just now, Baize said:

I have edited since that quote, as I realise using Hitler as a base line is going to get exactly this response.
You put any white name into that same sentence and are you now a racist? It wasn't about race, it was about provoking a group of people who were also provoking him and his people.

The whole situation is out of hand.

It was more than that, he regularly metagamed in his live streams with zero shame, a fact I never see mentioned that should be. 

• Syrike locked this topic