What is going on really??

PapaDoc

I had a friend that was banned for 3 months for accidentally killing someone believed to be a rival gang member while in that gang's territory. And I also had two friends that were banned on the same day and given 1 month sentences for using /fixrevive (understandable). I've had a friend named Possible who used to play this server faithfully and roleplayed here on the daily, he's banned permanently for being apart of an unofficial GTAW gang discord. I was also banned because Moonsong felt that I had a horrible admin record and that I was breaking the rules because I didn't sit there and roleplay hitting a dumpster in the middle of a police pursuit (as if that is a normal thing on here that's roleplayed by everyone). I was given 3 days a ban, and then was hit with "you are on your last limb in the community" pretty much. I didn't make a fuss about it, but now I am.

I'm hearing of Resident being unbanned on the server at the end of this month, mind you, he was banned for racist comments he made in his own discord. Resident, a known streamer in the GTAW community, said "George Floyd deserved to die" and also made a mockery of the black race. He tried to cop a plea that he didn't do it, but  was caught red-handed in the audit-logs by deleting the entire "#general" chat and showing it to Nervous. After he was banned, I noticed that a great deal of my friends have been getting banned for small reasons. I still managed to play GTA World. I've done a little research on the aftermath of this ban and discovered that Resident will be allowed back onto the server after sending an "apology" to the staff via ban appeal as if they can accept apologies on behalf of the black players on this server. 

I wasn't going to say anything until I discovered that a great deal of my friends from the aforementioned gang discord could not/would not be able to appeal. This is blasphemy. And then I get online today, in my banned state, and discover that the rules of character age have been changed, the age limitation has increased due to the pedophilia of one player in the server SillYFox or whatever the fucking name is, fucked it up for everyone who was roleplaying a teen. 

I made a thread questioning the decision to raise the age limit and it turned into a bunch of people who do not even roleplay as teenagers or even come close to it, commenting and saying what it should be. My question is... When is the bullshit going to stop? When are people going to open their eyes and realize when to shut the fuck up and understand that certain topics apply to some more than others. Everyone has to come out of the woodwork and say some slick shit only to ruin it for other players that are just trying to play the game. 

I was informed that a friend of mine was trying to question the latest age limitation standard, but rather than being enlightened about the ordeal. Mallrat motherfuckers who have nothing to do with gang RP or has ever done anything inside of gang RP were commenting on what the limitations should be and if gang RP should be fine with it. Look, I'm just going to put it like this, I don't go to your little mallrat threads and comment about how I'm going to roleplay a 31 year old emotional lesbian with light up shoes and a lime green Sultan cutting pussy farts all day. You want to know why? Because I'd know that my opinion on that would be irrelevant to that space of roleplay. It should be vise versa, but from all the avenues I've taken to address and speak out for the gang roleplaying community, it's either been shitted on or completely disregarded by the community and the administrators inside of it.

I feel as if this server is full of hypocrites, the gang community as a whole gets stereotyped as "wannabe gang members in RL", yet if we throw a jab back at you players who believe that you know it all when in reality you do not, we're the ones who get persecuted faster than anybody. Lately, I feel as if the gang community's outcries to admins are going ignored/downplayed because our vision simply does not accommodate for the common-space of roleplay that is the mallrat lifestyle. I find it befuddling how you want people to create gang roleplay on your server, but your "quota" for gangs on here is in the hands of illegal FM admins who've little to know knowledge of Black street gangs.

And whenever we flex our knowledge on these gangs for our factions we're labeled as "cyberthugs" and are almost immediately stereotyped as deathmatchers with no good roleplaying content because the lives of our characters vary from Samantha Twinklebutt in Vinewood Hills. The fact that even whenever we reach out to try and help other players see why there is so much violence in street gang roleplay, and they turn their nose up at it, is crazy to me. What the fuck do you expect gang roleplay to involve? 24/7 passive roleplay? 24/7 E-Sex? 24/7 The Wire based roleplay? No. I find it funny how whenever we give out facts on why we do what we do, there's always some smart-ass retort about how we do not know what we're doing.

I'm not going to go down the typical route you expect me to go down and say "oh yeah well people get shot in RL" no, I'm not going to do that. Most of the people who combat gang roleplay or have something negative to say about it on this server are simply inexperienced at it or don't care very much for it. I understand that part, but whenever the topic of mallrats is brought up in the server, barely anyone from our side (with a few outliers) have anything to say, but when the roles reverse, we're discredited and downplayed by some of the fattest fucking noobs I've ever encountered on a roleplay server in my life. I hate to sound so harsh about it, but that's exactly what it is. Noobism. I'm not going to force you to learn about gang roleplay, but I am going to tell you to shut the fuck up and eat a frank if you know nothing about it.

• Upvote 14
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 17
4 minutes ago, Uno said:

I had a friend that was banned for 3 months for accidentally killing someone believed to be a rival gang member while in that gang's territory. And I also had two friends that were banned on the same day and given 1 month sentences for using /fixrevive (understandable). I've had a friend named Possible who used to play this server faithfully and roleplayed here on the daily, he's banned permanently for being apart of an unofficial GTAW gang discord. I was also banned because Moonsong felt that I had a horrible admin record and that I was breaking the rules because I didn't sit there and roleplay hitting a dumpster in the middle of a police pursuit (as if that is a normal thing on here that's roleplayed by everyone). I was given 3 days a ban, and then was hit with "you are on your last limb in the community" pretty much. I didn't make a fuss about it, but now I am.

I don't really know much about gang RP, so I'll leave that part. However, if you and your friends are getting banned often or if this is a normal thing that happens in your community, don't you think there's a problem somewhere? My friends don't get banned or jailed, because we don't break the rules. It's pretty easy to be honest. You don't get your accounts banned for no reason.

I read through the player reports and ban appeals often, and they just seems to include a lot of gang related incidents.

Edited by mj2002
  • Upvote 3
Just now, mj2002 said:

I don't really know much about gang RP, so I'll leave that part. However, if you and your friends are getting banned often or if this is a normal thing that happens in your community, don't you think there's a problem somewhere? My friends don't get banned or jailed, because we don't break the rules. It's pretty easy to be honest. You don't get your accounts banned for no reason.

You are the prime example of what he’s talking about, just shut-up. You making yourself look like a dunts at this point. 

I'd get a forum warning if I spoke how I truly want about the situation, but It disgusted me that someone like that is being unbanned in less time than DM. How is shooting someone for no reason equal to saying George Floyd deserved his death just to piss of black people you don't like? 

I also agree gang rp is under developed. It's been longer than a year since crack suggestion was up. They even pinned it on the suggestion forums. I get that it takes a long time to work on but, shouldn't something like that be a priority?

In the end, It's disgusting that If I go ingame right now and shoot virtual bullets at people, I'll get a longer time than someone who made a statement like that with no purpose other than hurting black members of the community. I've seen Nervous's post on cyberbullying which he took very seriously after he was called a pedo by happy toker, but someone who does something objectively worse than calling someone a pedo just gets let off the hook and gets their apology accepted.  Let me use 3Aces as an example too, he was the owner of a discord, which he removed the GTA W name from, but Nervous perm banned him due to what was said in that discord.  These two people are banned for speaking off platform, and, lets be real here, what resident said was FAR worse. So it is just weird to me that he's now getting unbanned on the 30th.

(I am not defending toker and 3aces, just to clarify)

Also please do not quote me if you're a white person who is going to defend resident, sorry to be blunt but I am not interested in hearing someone who isn't black accept an apology for an issue which they do not have to deal with. I shouldn't have to experience this shit IRL and then come on GTA W and deal with the same issues. Unless you're actually going to speak sense, do not quote me.

Edited by Shekh
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Applaud 4
Just now, Shekh said:

I'd get a forum warning if I spoke how I truly want about the situation, but It disgusted me that someone like that is being unbanned in less time than DM. How is shooting someone for no reason equal to saying George Floyd deserved his death just to piss of black people you don't like? 

I also agree gang rp is under developed. It's been longer than a year since crack suggestion was up. They even pinned it on the suggestion forums. I get that it takes a long time to work on but, shouldn't something like that be a priority?

In the end, It's disgusting that If I go ingame right now and shoot virtual bullets at people, I'll get a longer time than someone who made a statement like that with no purpose other than hurting black members of the community. I've seen Nervous's post on cyberbullying which he took very seriously after he was called a pedo by happy toker, but someone who does something objectively worse than calling someone a pedo just gets let off the hook and gets their apology accepted. 

✊?????

• Upvote 1
Just now, mj2002 said:

I read through the player reports and ban appeals often, and they just seems to include a lot of gang related incidents.

Possible did nothing but be apart of an unofficial gang discord that turned toxic, it wasn't even his fault yet he's not allowed back into the community for simply being there. I got ajailed for 60 minutes for having to go take a piss after getting into a shootout. The people who were trying to get me to roleplay a crash were even corrected by the admin Moonsong, he said they should've roleplayed the crash into the pole, but they did not and proceeded to try and chase me. I don't see how I could've possibly gotten a 60 minute ajail and a threat of a ban from having to relieve myself in RL when IC I would've been at liberty to get away from the situation I was just in. Shit seems biased here, I'm not going to lie.

Just now, El Plaga said:

You are the prime example of what he’s talking about, just shut-up. You making yourself look like a dunts at this point. 

So instead, we should have different standards on how to enforce rules for different people? Or perhaps he wants to have a discussion only with people who agree with him?

• Upvote 2
Just now, Shekh said:

In the end, It's disgusting that If I go ingame right now and shoot virtual bullets at people, I'll get a longer time than someone who made a statement like that with no purpose other than hurting black members of the community. I've seen Nervous's post on cyberbullying which he took very seriously after he was called a pedo by happy toker, but someone who does something objectively worse than calling someone a pedo just gets let off the hook and gets their apology accepted. 

speaking facts.

• Syrike locked this topic