Ban ERP

NBA

2 minutes ago, MickeyO said:

The problem with that is it'll fuck with the bottom line of Nervous's money and that's not happening since we all know this community is made up of children and I don't mean that as an insult. But it's definitely a probable solution. Day Z rp had something similar, you had to be seventeen to play but then again that was voice rp so you can know if someone was lying.

You can't expect a minor the age of fourteen to know what the  fuck they're doing. At that age we're sponges and it's very easy to prey on that age group.

And DayZRP had multiple instances of female RPers (Some of them 17) being pursued by players twice their age, even with sexual RP being banned.

Guess what, the roleplaying scene isn't made up of perfect angels. Doesn't matter the game or level RP, it attracts people who have malicious intent.

Ban ERP? Sure. I'd also like to see relationship RP banned outright too as to not give groomers a platform cause they'll still exist. While we're at it, we should also ban murder outright so the next Eliot Rodger can't use GTAW as a platform to live out his fantasy and build up confidence. Gang RP maybe? Cause perhaps an impressionable underage kid is dumb enough to let GTAW entice him into making a very bad RL decision. 

Banning ERP like banning the other aforementioned subjects is silly because it punishes the majority for a problem caused by the minority. And as has been mentioned before, if kids (under 18's) are playing GTAW they should be removed from the community. Yes, even if they make up 50% of it. (that would be concerning if it's true)

• Upvote 2
  • Applaud 1
Just now, Henning said:

And DayZRP had multiple instances of female RPers (Some of them 17) being pursued by players twice their age, even with sexual RP being banned.

Guess what, the roleplaying scene isn't made up of perfect angels. Doesn't matter the game or level RP, it attracts people who have malicious intent.

That's the nature of GTA RP as well, it attracts all sorts of retards and weirdos. GTAW's current system works: stay above the age of 16 IC, report weird shit and carry on. If people can't stop blurring the line between IC and OOC they should be removed as well, since not only it lowers the RP quality standards but it also endangers underage players.

Just now, Scunt said:

Ban ERP? Sure. I'd also like to see relationship RP banned outright too as to not give groomers a platform cause they'll still exist. While we're at it, we should also ban murder outright so the next Eliot Rodger can't use GTAW as a platform to live out his fantasy and build up confidence. Gang RP maybe? Cause perhaps an impressionable underage kid is dumb enough to let GTAW entice him into making a very bad RL decision. 

Banning ERP like banning the other aforementioned subjects is silly because it punishes the majority for a problem caused by the minority. And as has been mentioned before, if kids (under 18's) are playing GTAW they should be removed from the community. Yes, even if they make up 50% of it. (that would be concerning if it's true)

not enforceable to remove people for being underage, u should be focusing on removing the predators instead. 

• Upvote 1
  • Applaud 1

As much as I hate to admit it, players with characters and focus oriented towards sexual roleplay support this server and keep it populated. Facebrowser promotions are a perfect example of it. You have to pay real money to boost your account just to show off a photograph you spent a moderate to significant amount of time tailoring in Menyoo and with mods just to fish for likes in a digital medium and maybe draw in other erotic characters.

Punishing this portion of the community could have negative impacts on the server population and income, not that I think Nervous is going to go broke anytime soon. However, discouraging using the server itself as a medium (Discord or other chat options) could be more beneficial. While I'm not actively against erotic roleplay, there's always a chance someone is unintentionally exposed to it on server. Discord resolves that issue.

Just now, Shekh said:

not enforceable to remove people for being underage, u should be focusing on removing the predators instead. 

I agree. My point was that kids shouldn't be allowed in the GTAW community not that they should be the focus. Definitely prioritise getting rid of predators

Just now, Wisci said:

As much as I hate to admit it, players with characters and focus oriented towards sexual roleplay support this server and keep it populated. Facebrowser promotions are a perfect example of it. You have to pay real money to boost your account just to show off a photograph you spent a moderate to significant amount of time tailoring in Menyoo and with mods just to fish for likes in a digital medium and maybe draw in other erotic characters.

Punishing this portion of the community could have negative impacts on the server population and income, not that I think Nervous is going to go broke anytime soon. However, discouraging using the server itself as a medium (Discord or other chat options) could be more beneficial. While I'm not actively against erotic roleplay, there's always a chance someone is unintentionally exposed to it on server. Discord resolves that issue.

So we should allow the potential for grooming and sexual exploitation of children because it makes the server money?

Your serious?

How to fuck up the modern illegal "hood/LS gang culture" roleplay scene 101. Why does everyone have to assume people roleplaying a "teenager" means that person is constantly typing cringy ass e-rp lines & engaging in E-RP in general. This new rule basically set those creating unofficial factions based off real life gangs & what not 10x ft back. But of course people don't think about this anyway.

Just now, Wisci said:

thats even worse then people wont be monitored and theyd be doing the grooming off-game and cant be held accountable, thats worse than banning it by far