Used car dealerships

Aellerix

3 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

The risk would be that prices simply move 4-5%, benefiting no one.

Exactly, it will cause the current prices move higher up. The result will be put a rule saying that a vehicle can not be sold higher than what /vstats shows, since that would be realistic and kill the over priced vehicles I've seen where they ask brand new + registration price or even higher which with all honesty is a scam in my eyes.

25 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Exactly, it will cause the current prices move higher up. The result will be put a rule saying that a vehicle can not be sold higher than what /vstats shows, since that would be realistic and kill the over priced vehicles I've seen where they ask brand new + registration price or even higher which with all honesty is a scam in my eyes.

Why are people paying over the odds for car though? That’s stupid. If a car is overpriced it shouldn’t sell, just as it wouldn’t do in a real life dealership. 

1 minute ago, Epic said:

Why are people paying over the odds for car though? That’s stupid. If a car is overpriced it shouldn’t sell, just as it wouldn’t do in a real life dealership. 

Then you've missed the Dubsta Sport's being sold for 170k or Komoda's sold for 150k and up? or a Hellfire that someone asked 220k for which is about 70k above what it actually costs. Some dealers agree to pay that and resell higher, in turn legitimizing the people to ask higher. With all due respect there is a reason why Nervous added the original purchase price in /vstats.

1 hour ago, Vash Baldeus said:

What if, hypothetically, a vehicle is brand new, registered, insured, and fitted with an expensive anti-theft system, and then put up for sale. Are you suggesting the vehicle cannot be put for sale for a price higher than what is listed in /vstats?

4 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Then you've missed the Dubsta Sport's being sold for 170k or Komoda's sold for 150k and up? or a Hellfire that someone asked 220k for which is about 70k above what it actually costs. Some dealers agree to pay that and resell higher, in turn legitimizing the people to ask higher. With all due respect there is a reason why Nervous added the original purchase price in /vstats.

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, I’m saying if people are paying over the odds for cars when they can get them cheaper brand new, that is their own fault. You can’t put a ooc rule on stupid. 

• Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Epic said:

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, I’m saying if people are paying over the odds for cars when they can get them cheaper brand new, that is their own fault. You can’t put a ooc rule on stupid. 

Brand new cars should be expensive anyway, I’m actually in favor of significantly rocketing the price of a new car to give player run dealerships more business and incentivize going to one. On the other hand, there would have to be something in place that prevents player dealerships from moving with new scrip dealer prices. But that’s just me. 

3 hours ago, mj2002 said:

What if, hypothetically, a vehicle is brand new, registered, insured, and fitted with an expensive anti-theft system, and then put up for sale. Are you suggesting the vehicle cannot be put for sale for a price higher than what is listed in /vstats?

A car is worth whatever people are willing to pay for it. 

*Sorry for the double post, my iphone wouldn’t let me multiple quote things.*

3 hours ago, mj2002 said:

Highly depends your definition for brand new.

If you buy a car in real life, the moment you bought it (without even driving yet!) it lost some of it's value. Upgrades do not help boost vehicle value beyond what it was purchased for(/vstats). Paying Brand New Registered price is a scam in my eyes, why? Because Registration TAX is just that TAX, it is not part of the vehicle value itself, that money goes to the Government to issue that vehicle a license plate to be legally on the road. That TAX does not justifies pricing a vehicle at that just cause the person put a lot of upgrades in it. More over, take a look at what a brand new car costs IRL and then look same car, but second hand price, you'll see NEVER sold for brand new price unless it is a One of a kind or old car that is classified as Collectors Item (meaning manufacturer no longer produces that specific model!).

If you have a vehicle that was just bought, upgrades (performance / security) added onto it, mileage is under 25 miles, security is higher than 25 days yes, that vehicle should be sold for brand new non-registered price max. Because Asking higher is a scam. If people do not know the pricing, well, then taking an advantage over someone who does not know is no bueno. I've had friends who paid over 290k for an old 8F Drafter, around 320~330k, when said 8F was with about 2500 miles if I recall correctly, and $130,000 price in /vstats. By IC standards it's an older vehicle that was longer on the road, mileage speaks for itself here, a vehicle like that should not be sold over $130,000 in my book, one of the reasons I as a dealer avoid cars like that.

We always speak of realism that, realism that, immersion that. But we ignore that regarding vehicles, we don't act or Roleplay as the vehicles age, have wear and tear on them and such just because the current system does not enforces it or does apply it.

1 minute ago, eTaylor said:

A car is worth whatever people are willing to pay for it. 

*Sorry for the double post, my iphone wouldn’t let me multiple quote things.*

What ever people willing to pay, so you going to tell me, a car with 10,000 miles will worth same as 250 miles? I don't, because you need to do maintenance and god knows whether it was done on time or late as fuck and results in a bad car. Which we can not resolve since there is not way to swap engine and such.

I'll take the VR market for example, since the Covid 19 hit you barely could lay your hands on a BRAND NEW set of any VR head set (Index, Vive, Oculus) and you saw people selling second hand for brand new price if not higher, because there was demand but limited supply due to pandemic. You've seen 3rd party resellers selling brand new Oculus Quest that originally cost $400 for a 64GB model for $700~800 because limited supply. Just recently in the last month or so we started seeing a drop in 2nd hand market price on those headsets and some becoming available from 1st party stores.

In-game we do not face such an issue where we can't just stroll to nearest dealership and buy a brand new vehicle. Hence second hand market should not be higher than brand new non registered, I hope you understand what I am saying here. Moreover in real life we have a lot of sources that give you an estimate for a second hand vehicle and it's price range, which we do not have here. Something a community member attempted to do here, but was banned due to an issue he created himself.

5 hours ago, Epic said:

^^
You know what would happen if they added the 5% tax? Dealers like Hot autos would pay even lower, and sell even higher. This wouldn't fix anything. Regulating market on cars is not a way to go either, that just kills free market which is unrealistic as hell. RL you are not limited to a given price point on a car. You can put up your shitty civic for 20 grand on facebook, worst comes to worst it just won't sell.
What I think would be the way to go is watch over dealer's stock, make them use a specific table or smth and add all the stock there, also report back with the price the car sold for. It would be extremely easy to narrow it down who's abusing and who's selling cars on a more realistic price
Prime example for this is I saw Neons for 550K and Jester Classics for 265K at Hot autos, that place is just honestly insane.