Used car dealerships

Aellerix

10 hours ago, Vash Baldeus said:

I for one never priced a Rusty Emperor above $10,000 and my profit on those? usually max of $5,000 and those sit for a while before someone came to buy it. So yes, you definitely were part of the problem.

That's literally what I said ? That's the whole point of this topic. I was part of the problem, there's no debating that, and if I'm coming forward with our numbers and view on the whole used car dealership industry, I can raise an issue that most people didn't even know was there. Someone like you, with perfectly okay dealerships, wouldn't have a leg to stand on - besides speculation, and other people who are part of this problem would rather enjoy their money and never come forward. It's a similar issue to scripted jobs, it's literally grinding. Something was done about those, something should be done about these as well.

This is really a problem that should be solved ICly. There is only so much you can do in the order of rules and announcements in order to educate people about this.

This is not a system problem. Everything is in place to make this work efficiently, but people are simply happy to pay a price lower than new, and are willing to let vehicles go for rock bottom prices. Characters (and players) have an individual responsibility here. There's also plenty of opportunity for smart characters and players to make a business out of reducing these profit margins. Just let this play itself out.

39 minutes ago, mj2002 said:

This is really a problem that should be solved ICly. There is only so much you can do in the order of rules and announcements in order to educate people about this.

This is not a system problem. Everything is in place to make this work efficiently, but people are simply happy to pay a price lower than new, and are willing to let vehicles go for rock bottom prices. Characters (and players) have an individual responsibility here. There's also plenty of opportunity for smart characters and players to make a business out of reducing these profit margins. Just let this play itself out.

Yes and no. In order to say "there is only so much you can do" you have to do something first, but nothing was done to regulate the activity of dealerships. PM limiting the number of dealerships does not help in any way, from what can be seen and it still is unfair to have such earnings by just waiting around. I mean, if I'm smart and I find a way to sell food for $5,000,000 a day while abiding to all rules, that doesn't mean that it's realistic or okay.

6 minutes ago, Aellerix said:

Yes and no. In order to say "there is only so much you can do" you have to do something first, but nothing was done to regulate the activity of dealerships. PM limiting the number of dealerships does not help in any way, from what can be seen and it still is unfair to have such earnings by just waiting around. I mean, if I'm smart and I find a way to sell food for $5,000,000 a day while abiding to all rules, that doesn't mean that it's realistic or okay.

But the prices are not unrealistic, so that's not a concern here. Characters are not being scammed, they agree to a deal, getting what they are expecting to get. The only sense in how this is unfair, is that it is a big cash cow relative to other businesses operating that cost the same amount of of effort. In a game where cars are so important, this is to be expected.

I'll agree on one thing that you mentioned, PM needs to allow more dealerships. This only really applies if they're limiting dealership applications purely because there are too many already. Clearly, there are not too many or these huge margins would not exist. The second thing is that together with the above, RP quality of dealerships should be better enforced, both on buyer and seller's side. I think there's also a responsibility for players here. See anything that looks low quality, selling and buyer? Just report it to RPQM. They're there for a reason.

Neither of these require new rules though.

Edited by mj2002
3 hours ago, mj2002 said:

But the prices are not unrealistic, so that's not a concern here. Characters are not being scammed, they agree to a deal, getting what they are expecting to get. The only sense in how this is unfair, is that it is a big cash cow relative to other businesses operating that cost the same amount of of effort. In a game where cars are so important, this is to be expected.

I'll agree on one thing that you mentioned, PM needs to allow more dealerships. This only really applies if they're limiting dealership applications purely because there are too many already. Clearly, there are not too many or these huge margins would not exist. The second thing is that together with the above, RP quality of dealerships should be better enforced, both on buyer and seller's side. I think there's also a responsibility for players here. See anything that looks low quality, selling and buyer? Just report it to RPQM. They're there for a reason.

In that case, the cooldown for property purchases should be removed as well. If having seven different vehicles in a single day is realistic, then going through five different properties in a day is not realistic. There should be limits on either both or none, don't you agree? 

The solution for this is a tax based on assets total value of 5%, and a multiplier for every vehicle above the total number of 5 (maybe add an extra 0.5% to the 5% tax of assets for each other). This way you have to make sure that the business is successful and also restrict the profits, to make it realistic. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Aellerix said:

In that case, the cooldown for property purchases should be removed as well. If having seven different vehicles in a single day is realistic, then going through five different properties in a day is not realistic. There should be limits on either both or none, don't you agree? 

I disagree. These are different because cars are in unlimited supply and thus not really prone to hoarding/flipping, like properties are.

Edited by mj2002
19 minutes ago, Daquan Kingston said:

The solution for this is a tax based on assets total value of 5%, and a multiplier for every vehicle above the total number of 5 (maybe add an extra 0.5% to the 5% tax of assets for each other). This way you have to make sure that the business is successful and also restrict the profits, to make it realistic. 

You’d end up with different rates of tax being paid by different employees based on personal wealth rather than it being measured against the business profit/wealth.  

4 hours ago, mj2002 said:

7 minutes ago, Epic said:

You’d end up with different rates of tax being paid by different employees based on personal wealth rather than it being measured against the business profit/wealth.  

Then with several employees the profit would be shared, so it does regulate the problem. If then somebody uses alternate characters to just spawn vehicles to do sales then the administrator can easily notice ?