Used car dealerships

Aellerix

12 minutes ago, Epic said:

Owner of sunset autos here. Way ahead of you and we actually tried many different spots before being told by admins they weren’t suitable. We worked with the property management team to acquire the place where we are now and was told it was the most suitable place possible. 

Also, as mentioned by Vash, we have an interior where we were planning on displaying high end vehicles but due to the issues with entering the garage with vehicles practically requires an admin to tp every vehicle you want shown every day, it’s not practical.

Speaking on the topic in general,  you’ll notice a lot of people are around Sunset not actually just to buy and sell cars but mainly for the RP. 

Same can be said about my lot. People come there to Roleplay as well.

I don't honestly see an issue anywhere. As long everything is fully ICly and there are no rules being borken upon selling all those cars, why the heck not ? I would like to see more roleplay involved though.

As well, second hand cars should come alongside some consequences. Engine stalling, stopping and so on.

1 hour ago, Darius94 said:

I don't honestly see an issue anywhere. As long everything is fully ICly and there are no rules being borken upon selling all those cars, why the heck not ? I would like to see more roleplay involved though.

As well, second hand cars should come alongside some consequences. Engine stalling, stopping and so on.

cars dont start stalling like that irl until 200,000 miles or more...

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, effion said:

Ah, my apologies - I didn't know that it requires so much admin intervention and troubles - but still a better location would be nice. I've seen one place called Sunset Autos. It looks like a decent place for a car dealership because it's not a parking lot. But if you take into example the two dealerships at Rockford Hills and one at Mirror Park(don't remember names) then you will understand what I am talking about.

We can even exclude the Mirror Park one right now because they do have an actual office(although I've never been taken inside) but Rockford Hills dealerships are borderline stupid. It's a parking spot and has no office.

You would think you would learn you lesson after the first false assumption, not even trying to be an AH. It does have an office. You I keep my cars on the roof. The building the cars are stored ontop my office is located in that. I was the first Dealership that I saw to actually have an office then a bunch of other dealers started doing it after me. People like to criticize you without knowing all the facts. People critical of me when Dealerships were way worse before me. If anyone remembers Ivy Moore she did like zero RP when selling a car. Autopia was dealing with too many people to dedicate the time to RP in each sale. I set the standard a lot of these new dealerships that came after me are doing now.

8qz5jU.png

Xb9YF1.png

The issue is when I was looking for spots there aren't alot of parking lots with a place you could reasonably put the entrance for an office and that is convenient. Like I am all up listening to criticism but with all due respect a lot of you guys have no idea what you are talking about and there is just a lot of baseless assumptions. Like people saying there isn't enough oversight when Admins have to approve every lease used a Dealership and there is as IC faction in-charge oversight. Or that we should of done property request when we were forced by admins to do it as lease. As for the showroom like the owner for Sunset Autos said, that was the plan but after I learned how buggy interiors were for cars I ruled out that as an option.

Also I believe OP faked his sales numbers. I was talking to a friend about it and there is no way you got some of the cars here for the prices you claim like the Drafter. One reason I don't deal in cars over 100k is the owners a notorious for wanting too much money for their vehicles. People are more milling to sell their 30k car for 20k than they are there 300k car for 200k even though its the same percentage. 

This is my last reply to this thread unless someone has a direct question for me. Believe a lot of the complaints are unsubstantiated or just straight up non issue but in terms of making the RP a bit longer, I hear you guys on that, I will do my best to improve that.   But at the same time understand, IRL a Dealership is not dealing with 10 people walking it at once Its impossible to reasonably do a lot of what you guys are asking. At the same time a lot of customers don't know how to RP their interactions with me realistically. For example had customers yell at me for having to wait a couple of minutes before I got to him. That is not an reasonable response when buying a car, its suppose to be a long process. Or someone come up to you while you in a convo with another customer and interrupt and start asking prices. Imagine IRL doing that just walking up to a car salesmen while they are in another conversation and just start shouting questions. Some things you guys are just going to have to make concessions on.

Edited by Power
9 hours ago, Alexandra said:

cars dont start stalling like that irl until 200,000 miles or more...

Obviously there are quite various limitations within the game comparing to real life attirbutes. It can easly compase into something smaller in game so it can bennefit all parties involved, players, dealerships, mechanics but mostly being RPed in a proper and realistic way. 1k miles in game it's quite a long run. Issues can be set up to be generated from one kind of a class car to another, per reached miles and so on.

12 hours ago, Power said:

You would think you would learn you lesson after the first false assumption, not even trying to be an AH. It does have an office. You I keep my cars on the roof. The building the cars are stored ontop my office is located in that. I was the first Dealership that I saw to actually have an office then a bunch of other dealers started doing it after me. People like to criticize you without knowing all the facts. People critical of me when Dealerships were way worse before me. If anyone remembers Ivy Moore she did like zero RP when selling a car. Autopia was dealing with too many people to dedicate the time to RP in each sale. I set the standard a lot of these new dealerships that came after me are doing now.

8qz5jU.png

Xb9YF1.png

The issue is when I was looking for spots there aren't alot of parking lots with a place you could reasonably put the entrance for an office and that is convenient. Like I am all up listening to criticism but with all due respect a lot of you guys have no idea what you are talking about and there is just a lot of baseless assumptions. Like people saying there isn't enough oversight when Admins have to approve every lease used a Dealership and there is as IC faction in-charge oversight. Or that we should of done property request when we were forced by admins to do it as lease. As for the showroom like the owner for Sunset Autos said, that was the plan but after I learned how buggy interiors were for cars I ruled out that as an option.

Also I believe OP faked his sales numbers. I was talking to a friend about it and there is no way you got some of the cars here for the prices you claim like the Drafter. One reason I don't deal in cars over 100k is the owners a notorious for wanting too much money for their vehicles. People are more milling to sell their 30k car for 20k than they are there 300k car for 200k even though its the same percentage. 

This is my last reply to this thread unless someone has a direct question for me. Believe a lot of the complaints are unsubstantiated or just straight up non issue but in terms of making the RP a bit longer, I hear you guys on that, I will do my best to improve that.   But at the same time understand, IRL a Dealership is not dealing with 10 people walking it at once Its impossible to reasonably do a lot of what you guys are asking. At the same time a lot of customers don't know how to RP their interactions with me realistically. For example had customers yell at me for having to wait a couple of minutes before I got to him. That is not an reasonable response when buying a car, its suppose to be a long process. Or someone come up to you while you in a convo with another customer and interrupt and start asking prices. Imagine IRL doing that just walking up to a car salesmen while they are in another conversation and just start shouting questions. Some things you guys are just going to have to make concessions on.

My lot has an office since about September last year and it has seen use since then. It's the newer dealerships that open that don't have anything in place. I apologize for my allegation that you did not have one.

Regarding your comment about his sales, those numbers are my weekly/monthly sales, which is a more reasonable number. Moreover I agree with you on the fact of the cars above the 100,000 mark, people over value their cars and think pricing it for what it costs brand new + registration TAX is valid reasoning. A few examples are the Rebla GTS which brand new non registered is $185,000 & if you register it's $222,000, that's a 37,000 that is TAX that certain people believe help keep the vehicles value. Another vehicle with such issue is Komoda which is $130,000 and if you buy it with registration $156,000, I've seen those sell for 150 if not more, with large mileage numbers to boot and without insurance as well, insurance on a Komoda is $13,000 mind you.

Worst car to buy? An old Obey 8F Drafter, why? because when it was added to server original price was $130,000 unregistered & $156,000 registered(believe it was the price for registered back then, might be wrong!) after a few months when people bought those management changed the pricing and not it's a $290,000 non registered and $348,000 registered. Between that time we had the trucking job update which included a feature that /vstats has now, showing the original non-registered purchase price, you see a lot of those 8F Drafters around with $130,000 in /vstats while being sold for $290,000 and up which with all due respect is scamming. There was a reason Nervous added that price in /vstats, because during the stream of the trucking update people noticed the price change on trucks and started stock piling on those in order to profit later when update hit a viola /vstats got that information added. More over /vstats serves us as vehicle documents as it states the insurance info.

People in my opinion fail to understand that Mileage does the complete opposite of what upgrades do, Mileage decreases value while upgrades increase. And when a vehicle reaches 1250+ miles you start to get a notice of maintenance that has to be done until 1500 miles, if you miss that, the vehicle would start to deteriorate in performance, fail to start etc. People forget that cars IRL, NEVER resell higher than what it was purchased (minus registration tax) unless it's a ONE OFF car or no longer being produced and it's old and considered a collectors item.

13 hours ago, Power said:

59 minutes ago, Vash Baldeus said:

Regarding your comment about his sales, those numbers are my weekly/monthly sales, which is a more reasonable number. Moreover I agree with you on the fact of the cars above the 100,000 mark, people over value their cars and think pricing it for what it costs brand new + registration TAX is valid reasoning. A few examples are the Rebla GTS which brand new non registered is $185,000 & if you register it's $222,000, that's a 37,000 that is TAX that certain people believe help keep the vehicles value. Another vehicle with such issue is Komoda which is $130,000 and if you buy it with registration $156,000, I've seen those sell for 150 if not more, with large mileage numbers to boot and without insurance as well, insurance on a Komoda is $13,000 mind you.

I'm not sure why people keep saying that the numbers are fake. Logs can be checked if anyone has any concern but no, they are not fake. All of those sales / trades were our dealership's activity during the last week of activity. The spreadsheet was the way we kept track of what was coming in and out and whoever bought or sold at Denov can confirm that that was our tactic. And it worked. And we did make millions in weeks. And... we're not the only ones who do. Yes, Sunset, Autopia and one or two more dealerships are focusing on the RP, not solely on money. And that's perfect. But most people are not.

And again, yes, we were part of the problem - we were focusing on the RP but we were also highly focused on the income. We did have an office (which, by the way, didn't make the RP any more or less enjoyable or realistic) and a business that would be profitable in real life was probably one of the most profitable on the server. That makes no sense and that's why I personally feel that some regulations should prevent people from being able to make big bucks by flipping trashy vehicles. We were buying Rusty Emperors for $5,000 and selling them for $15,000 - market price. That's a ten thousand dollar profit on a fifteen thousand dollar car and that makes no sense. Yes, it's the customer's fault for falling for it but that doesn't make it fair from an IC perspective. Not when most of the people on the server, whether they are drug dealers, bartenders, security personnel or CEOs, make that kind of money in months, not days. That's why I feel that it is unfair, that's why I feel that there should be rules surrounding vehicle sales / used vehicle dealerships.

13 hours ago, Power said:

8qz5jU.png

Xb9YF1.png

There's no need to come at me like that, the assumption was based on the roleplay of your staff members who sell the car on the lot itself saying "documents are on the dashboard" 

How about trying to fix your standards rather than judging my assumptions? If you don't take potential buyers into your office, then how do you expect them to know you even have one? Everytime I've bought a car or seen someone buy a car from here, the deal is done on the lot itself. 

56 minutes ago, Aellerix said:

We were buying Rusty Emperors for $5,000 and selling them for $15,000 - market price. That's a ten thousand dollar profit on a fifteen thousand dollar car and that makes no sense.

I for one never priced a Rusty Emperor above $10,000 and my profit on those? usually max of $5,000 and those sit for a while before someone came to buy it. So yes, you definitely were part of the problem.