Used car dealerships

Aellerix

Id love to see IC'ly government intervene and regulate dealerships and tax them based on profit or something else.

Apart from that, i dont see an issue with it. Its a business that has a demand and i love seeing/going to car dealerships.

• Upvote 2
6 minutes ago, Marksman said:

When garages made too much money, they were dealt with. I don't see why dealerships shouldn't be sentenced to this same treatment. There are far to many dealerships that operate, starting up and closing down at a moments notice. There's no standards of them and given the amount of money they can make in such a short span of time. The depiction of a used dealership is not realistic either. Why should they just use a parking lot, when every other business needs a lease or purchase of a property? With many of those also requiring expensive interiors to function in the intended way. But not dealerships. I know of one dealership that has a mapped interior (there may be a few more, I don't know).

We're not even trading a large price for outstanding roleplay here. Not once has someone give me an outstanding roleplay experience when buying or selling with a dealership. Where is the authentic dealership experience? How many times do you have to ask who's in charge when you go to a dealership? Almost every time for me.

If dealerships should be allowed to make as much money as they do, I damn well expect the roleplay to be outstanding. Right now, it's not.

Running a dealership isn't as simple as people make it to be here. You need a place, alright, that's settled. You need an expert, if you want to check the car and make sure it is as the one selling it says it is. Cause I am sure, that not every businessman running a dealership is versed in how cars work and what to look for. Then documentation is only rarely roleplayed. Caus

Edited by Engelbert
Just now, Engelbert said:

Running a dealership isn't as simple as people make it to be here. You need a place, alright, that's settled. You need an expert, if you want to check the car and make sure it is as the one selling it says it is. Then documentation is only rarely roleplayed. 

I think its way more simple than other businesses that makes alot less profit. 

You need an expert, if you want to check the car and make sure it is as the one selling it says it is. Then documentation is only rarely roleplayed. 

You mean someone to hop in and do /v stats? Really immersive experience. Running a dealership is one of the easiest ways to make money, that's the problem. Big $$, Little RP.

• Upvote 2
Just now, Marksman said:

You mean someone to hop in and do /v stats? Really immersive experience. Running a dealership is one of the easiest ways to make money, that's the problem. Big $$, Little RP.

I remember a small dealership long time ago, that had a mechanic paid to undervalue offered cars so the owner of the dealership could make more profit. This guy played it really well, pity people don't that actually. Especially when we have maintenance script in garages, if that was logged into vstats, you know, that a car has less value if it wasn't checked after certain mileage and real life dealerships watch this carefully.

Edited by Engelbert

I remember a small dealership long time ago, that had a mechanic paid to undervalue offered cars so the owner of the dealership could make more profit. This guy played it really well, pity people don't that actually.

I don't see the relevance to what I said, but sure.

Just now, Marksman said:

That's what dealers do as well, they roleplaying checking the interior and magically knowing what's done to the vehicle. Same way when they are selling it they simply say maxed out which is just disappointing. 

In general make a script preventing normal people selling/flipping vehicles on daily basis without owning of some kind of a license which allows you to do so. I also think these should be expensive to get, along with additional tax for every vehicle you sell in a week or something. The whole system needs to be reworked as the current status sadly is ridiculous.

Just now, Timzii said:

That's what dealers do as well, they roleplaying checking the interior and magically knowing what's done to the vehicle. Same way when they are selling it they simply say maxed out which is just disappointing. 

In general make a script preventing normal people selling/flipping vehicles on daily basis without owning of some kind of a license which allows you to do so. I also think these should be expensive to get, along with additional tax for every vehicle you sell in a week or something. The whole system needs to be reworked as the current status sadly is ridiculous.

This is what I mean. The amount of roleplay required compared to the amount of bloody money they make is totally off scale. Garages are shut down if they're inadequate. The server would be in riot if PD/SD didn't roleplay anything and just used commands. It's completely out of line.

Oh there is, he actually roleplayed checking the car before doing the /vstats. Which is my point.

Okay, and how is an example of one person supposed to prove anything? The fact that nobody does this is the issue.

1 hour ago, Mecovy said:

Only thing I would prefer is them having actual shops to do them in, not random parking lots. Its already been proven possible with Octavians dealer and it looks beautiful. The sooner they transition to the indoors design and not random parking lots it will be just like any normal business.

Yeah I've attempted to get a building leased with an entire plan, but because there are too many dealerships it was tossed. So those aiming for indoor dealerships don't get a chance as long as there are that many dealerships around anyway.