Renewed Facebrowser

St3fan[NL]

• Developer

Hello everyone!

It's a few hours since the move to the new software. We had a rough start with some spikes and needed to run some optimization scripts but we're running and I am pleased.

For 2h straight we've been over 150+ online users making posts, chatting and doing what not on the site and there's just a lag spike here and there for me. But I heard from Nervous it's almost instant for him. So we're still trying to figure that out!

This topic is meant for you to leave feedback, report bugs and give suggestions.

• Thanks 1
  • Applaud 1

Im not gonna complaint about the little slowness, its already waaay faster than the original one.

I like the looks, definitely an improvement! The things that I like the most is that by default you now post for friends only, and you need to actively change that to “public”. Way more realistic!

I do miss the option to list job vacancies on pages.

solid 9/10!

It’s perfect. Although the fact that we need to automatically set “who can see your post” to everyone/public every time we about to publish one is kinda annoying. Please make a permanent option for it in the settings. Also when choosing relationship status: in a relationship— let us be able to type in a name or even tag a name so it can be displayed on the profile like “ in a relationship [insert name here].

Also for some reason, I can’t like posts on my iPhone on the site, dunno if it’s just me or everyone. 

But a very nice site nonetheless. 

Would love to give it 10/10 but these suggestions gonna make me give it 8/10. 

Only thing I have to say which isnt praise, is that people can see if you've read messages/the site auto pops up windows regardless if your reading things and says you've read it anyway. Which idk if that can be turned off but it would be nice.

As for everything else, the site is amazing now.

Edited by Mecovy
  • Upvote 2

I like it. It's definitely faster and it has a simple, yet more modern design than the previous version. Good job.

I also suggest adding a weather feature and sync it with the in-game one, if possible. It's one of those little things that are not entirely needed but I'm sure a lot of people would appreciate it. 

The new design is great for sure, congratulations on the great work done!

Issues I see — I don't like "Engaged" being removed/replaced though and not being able to link partner anymore. Also there is some kind of notifications in the messages even after a person has been the message, acting like it's a new message when it's not?

Also the formatting of date is sadly back to European format of day/month/year, not the American month/day/year.

Edited by thumbelina
  • Developer
4 hours ago, Heartnett said:

It’s perfect. Although the fact that we need to automatically set “who can see your post” to everyone/public every time we about to publish one is kinda annoying. Please make a permanent option for it in the settings. Also when choosing relationship status: in a relationship— let us be able to type in a name or even tag a name so it can be displayed on the profile like “ in a relationship [insert name here].

Also for some reason, I can’t like posts on my iPhone on the site, dunno if it’s just me or everyone. 

But a very nice site nonetheless. 

Would love to give it 10/10 but these suggestions gonna make me give it 8/10. 

The privacy is intentional. You dont see all facebook user posts either.

As for the relationship its not a feature inside the code so id have to look if we can manually make it.