Rental Car Business?

18Cowboys

Hey there GTA World community, I was wondering, would you guys like to see a player-run rental car (possible exotic rental cars) business? I was thinking about opening one up in rockford where anyone could come and take out an exotic car for an hour (or more but it would get expensive) for a couple thousand dollars an hour, what do you guys think? Drop your opinions/extra ideas below!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, 18Cowboys said:

Hey there GTA World community, I was wondering, would you guys like to see a player-run rental car (possible exotic rental cars) business? I was thinking about opening one up in rockford where anyone could come and take out an exotic car for an hour (or more but it would get expensive) for a couple thousand dollars an hour, what do you guys think? Drop your opinions/extra ideas below!

Great idea, you can just /bad it and attract people to come and get your fancy car rental right?

36 minutes ago, my_g said:

Current rental system should be kept as it’s a must for new players/characters spawning at the airport. However a new player run system that lets people rent normal cars would be a pretty cool addition.

For new players we'd keep the regular thing at the airport and all that but for people who aren't new and would like to take out an expensive car for an hour or two I think it'd be nice.

22 minutes ago, Benelli said:

You can benefit from the ucp's vehicle lease requests to do that

I'd like to own them myself, but it would get expensive.

17 minutes ago, Beatrix said:

I wanted to do that with my Grottis, but the thing is that you need to insure every car and insurance is quite exspensive for exotic cars, so it would be a big loss. 

Yeah insurance is a pain in the ass, I wish it was much less but if we get a lot of people renting a few every day it would cover it, we would do anywhere from 6k to 15k an hour, keep in mind these would be exotic cars.

I have funding from another store I own so that would cover the insurance expenses I think, I might lease some from the UCP but I'm not sure, I'm not looking to make money with this, in fact the only way I could is if insurance was lowered, I just want to bring this sort of RP into the server. The only way this could be profitable is if insurance is lowered or if I was given some sort of no insurance mod by management which I don't see either of those happening. I've requested a property but I don't know if it will be accepted since I already own a store, I've owned it for about a month now.

The requested rental car garage (Top)

My current shop (Bottom)

image.png.124f784a6bff3043522fac40491abc0a.png

I can do some of the math for you. Let's say you own 5 Carbonizzare's which will put you back around $1,250,000 if you buy them second-hand. Insurance costs $27,000 for one, so $135,000 for all, per month. If, on average, the business opens every day and they are all taken out twice, so 10 times a day * $2,000 per vehicle will be $20,000 a day. Now, if the business opens every other day, that will give you around $300,000 a month. It would cover the insurance, definitely, and make some nice cash on the side. It would be a hassle to get over the initial investment, however, so you could use a government credit - if those are still active - to have the vehicles in your possession but RPly owned by the government until you pay it off. Another option would be to lease the vehicles individually, from the UCP, which will still put them in your possession but have them taken away if you don't pay the lease. That would, however, put you back a few hundred thousand since the leased vehicles are initially unmodded and unregistered.

If I were you and if it works out, I would choose the option to lease the vehicles. Besides that, you can easily keep your business a decent profit if you invest in running it properly. Although, let me warn you - it is boring. I've ran a dealership and trust me, sitting around in a parking lot, no matter how much you make, is not fun. If you only realize that after you invest in it, then you're in for a fun time. If you think it through beforehand and you're sure you want to do it, though - at least in theory - it would work.

You also have to take three other things in consideration:

1. People crashing and...
    1. Not coming back => the vehicles would be everywhere
    2. Coming back and needing another /vdup (since if you /sv the car, you're not protected by the rules anymore, as far as I know)
  2. People stealing the cars for pursuits which, trust me, happens A LOT and if you don't know it and don't /reportstolen, the car gets impounded for a week and you also get a citation - and again, that happens A LOT
  3. People stealing the cars and trying to scam you for any other reason

I think there's a lot of headaches involved but if you really put your mind to this, it could work. The more vehicles you have, the bigger the headache is. The fix is to find employees, but that will dramatically reduce your profit.

1 hour ago, Aellerix said:

I can do some of the math for you. Let's say you own 5 Carbonizzare's which will put you back around $1,250,000 if you buy them second-hand. Insurance costs $27,000 for one, so $135,000 for all, per month. If, on average, the business opens every day and they are all taken out twice, so 10 times a day * $2,000 per vehicle will be $20,000 a day. Now, if the business opens every other day, that will give you around $300,000 a month. It would cover the insurance, definitely, and make some nice cash on the side. It would be a hassle to get over the initial investment, however, so you could use a government credit - if those are still active - to have the vehicles in your possession but RPly owned by the government until you pay it off. Another option would be to lease the vehicles individually, from the UCP, which will still put them in your possession but have them taken away if you don't pay the lease. That would, however, put you back a few hundred thousand since the leased vehicles are initially unmodded and unregistered.

If I were you and if it works out, I would choose the option to lease the vehicles. Besides that, you can easily keep your business a decent profit if you invest in running it properly. Although, let me warn you - it is boring. I've ran a dealership and trust me, sitting around in a parking lot, no matter how much you make, is not fun. If you only realize that after you invest in it, then you're in for a fun time. If you think it through beforehand and you're sure you want to do it, though - at least in theory - it would work.

You also have to take three other things in consideration:

1. People crashing and...
    1. Not coming back => the vehicles would be everywhere
    2. Coming back and needing another /vdup (since if you /sv the car, you're not protected by the rules anymore, as far as I know)
  2. People stealing the cars for pursuits which, trust me, happens A LOT and if you don't know it and don't /reportstolen, the car gets impounded for a week and you also get a citation - and again, that happens A LOT
  3. People stealing the cars and trying to scam you for any other reason

I think there's a lot of headaches involved but if you really put your mind to this, it could work. The more vehicles you have, the bigger the headache is. The fix is to find employees, but that will dramatically reduce your profit.

We are currently trailing this at the moment at Sunset Autos with 4 Grottis. The issue is your business model is based on every car being rented out twice a day and to be completely honest with you the demand isn’t there which is why this is difficulty math wise. 

Maybe business based vehicle insurance policies might be an idea although it would probably require a rewrite of the whole vehicle script. 

Edited by Epic