Trouble finding RP or RPing with factions

I come from SAMP RP and I played it for years on end. There was always so many opportunities and the communities I were in were very open to new players due to the drought of players during the time I played samp. After being on the server for about 20 hours (Close to anyway), I've had a real struggle to find RP with people and I'm not sure how exactly I would find myself joining a legal/illegal faction. I have a hard time trusting people also because OOCly a lot of people are trying to make a quick buck off of each other with IC scams. While I totally understand the IC hustle, it makes it very fearful to RP with people outside of your circle, and being a new player without this "circle", it makes it even harder. I have had a few different situations with good interesting RP that is actually fun, but it is once in a great while, and I usually end up being just another guy that stands around, with the occasional /me sips his drink or something very small. I am not trying to complain at all, I am just trying to voice my struggle to find RP and unsure where to look for it. Some RP is so dry it doesn't end up really going anywhere (ex: Nightclub RP, 24/7 RP). If anyone has any tips or good ways to find RP I would love to hear it.

Edited by stripedsweater101

I find that getting an IC job that has a lot of opportunities for conversations with others helps a lot, namely driving a taxi or working at a bar. I came into this server like two weeks ago with no connections to anyone else OOC and have been making IC connections with people that started with conversations in the taxi or at the bar. It also helps to just be honest with people - if you find a faction you’re interested in joining, shoot the leader a PM and say you’re interested in joining and would like to RP with them at some point. Can’t hurt, hope this helps!

You always need to be creative, what are you trying to roleplay? A gang member? A biker? An university student? In my oppinion I wouldn't go OOCly, by sending a PM to a faction leader. Your new character should be a blank page for roleplay to start happening. You just need a background and a place for your character to live, where he or she can come across others. 

Edited by Lucie
3 minutes ago, Lucie said:

You always need to be creative, what are you trying to roleplay? A gang member? A biker? An university student? In my oppinion I wouldn't go OOCly, by sending a PM to a faction leader. Your new character should be a blank page for roleplay to start happening. You just need a background and a place for your character to live, where he or she can come across others. 

My problem is I can rarely find players. I would like to go towards a type of gang member but I am starting out small of course for character development. Are you saying I should PM a faction leader or do not PM one because I am not sure where that came up from if you're saying not to.

What I'd do in your situation, is roleplaying someone new in town. Even if you RP black, white, hispanic, male, female, etc, that won't matter since diversity makes RP fun. You can start Rping poor, jobless, young, renting a small room at the worst area of town. To find players you need to be in game at the same time the factions are online, depending on your timezone can it be harder ot not. I usually see more gang rpers at In game night time, or late night.

It really depends on the type or RP you're looking for. If you are not sure yet then your best option is to go over the faction threads, the business section, the IC online pages, even Face Browser and see what interests you for starter. You can always find a job, join a business , work temporary in some place to develop your character and perhaps that will give you a lead. As a business owner myself I can tell you that I would happily answer and help new people that are interested in our RP and ask how to join or for advice. I am sure that every faction / business leader would do the same, so you can always try to send a PM to the leader of the faction you want to join. 

If you want to go for gang roleplay then that already depends on your development. If you pick a faction you want to join you should research about it first, see where they hang, what they do, how they talk, how they RP, maybe even contact them for advice. A lot of factions allow visitors in their discord channels just for these kind of interactions. And who knows, maybe one of them wants to RP having a family member? Maybe they can take you in or help you come up with the best way to initiate RP with them. 

I want to believe that our community is pretty friendly to new players, the members are willing to help and give advice, some businesses and factions are really good for beginners and can help you evolve. 

Edited by MrsHamster

I don't know what your character plans are and I don't want to give you executive directives, but as the person who commented before me said, go take a look at faction threads and IC sections. To me it looks like you have no choice but to RP someone who is alone without friends. Therefore you have to find a job for your character. Then you get to know more people. A person leads to another, and scene leads to another and then you find yourself in a more comfortable position. There is an outrageous range of opportunities, you just gotta look for the RP, not wait for it to come at you while you do a /me sips from his drink.

Edited by Gambler
  • Upvote 1

1. Set up your character with the type of faction you want to roleplay.

2. Interact with them, go to bars, nightclubs, go find a job somewhere they own or something like that. (Most of the time you will find illegal RPers doing some passive roleplay drinking with friends)

3. Take your time, this server always prefer players who want to develop the character within the faction, not just jump as a top caller.

4. Have fun with civilians too, unlike other SAMP servers here you will find yourself most of the time doing some dialy life stuff and at the end of the day doing the core of your criminal rolelplay because that's what people do IRL. You don't see a car jackaer 24/7 just robbing cars, he have a family or friends or a girlfriend he gotta see at the end of the day.

Extra. Some factions also accept people that create a character that is already friends with another member of the character in a previous life before Los Santos, if they trust you enough you can have this approach too and be picked at the airport and bla bla bla.

Welcome, anyways.

❤️

• mj2002 locked this topic