1.9 Update Lag Spikes & Crashes

Gamble

Honestly I don't know if I'm posting this in the right section but ever since the 1.9 update, I've been receiving lag spikes and eventually crashes after some time of playing. Before the 1.9 update, so during 1.8, I've had zero (FPS) lag issues, but something just messed up in the 1.9 update. Is there any fix to this, and are any other players experiencing the exact same issue?

There are a lot of people experiencing this, but not everyone.. I personally do not. There is a similar question in the a

rchive if you want to peep it.. There might be a solution in that thread that might help you.

Hi. I want to second his post. I never lagged before. Now I get random lag spikes and major FPS drops to like 10-15 FPS in areas around Davis, including random full-blown game crashes where my game just shuts off. My hardware hasn't changed since. It works fine everywhere else. This is indeed some server issue because I remember when tweaking was done last summer for performance because it was way better back then and I felt a real difference.

• Upvote 2

I don’t have as bad lag spikes as some have mentioned but I’ve noticed some more lag. I’ve also had spontaneous crashes that I’ve never experienced before until today, at Mission Row during the protest. But that could just be due to the sheer amount of models being streamed in. 

Another solution would be changing server to check if this issue is only on gtaw or in general. But as @Bash said in another thread, this should be an hardware problem (about this, check your temps and gpu/cpu usages) or rage's issue.

I suggest to you to give a look here:

20 hours ago, bncal said:

Another solution would be changing server to check if this issue is only on gtaw or in general. But as @Bash said in another thread, this should be an hardware problem (about this, check your temps and gpu/cpu usages) or rage's issue.

I suggest to you to give a look here:

Yeah my thread, TL;DR, all of a sudden freeze since the last update.

Not your fault, not the server's fault. It's just the way it is till they(rage) pinpoints it soon.

Edited by Saif

Yeah, I never got to solve mine neither still does it, most players get it, if you sit on a corner where a spike hits and watch people drive through 9/10 they get it also, its not really game breaking just frustrating its an RAGE issue 100% not server or us. Hopefully 1.1 optimizes it. If anyone played PUBG the game was horrible when it released after about 2-3 months, they updated it now it runs perfect, its just one of those things.

• Applaud 1
  • Bash locked this topic