An honest discussion about the upcoming election

Trupiano

21 minutes ago, SugarDavis said:

Ricer = people who do nothing but car RP and act like they're reliving fast and furious.

Statwhore = Owl version of mallrat.

That's not a ricer lmao. The term ricer exists outside of roleplay and has done so for the last 20 years.

19 minutes ago, Marksman said:

That's not a ricer lmao. The term ricer exists outside of roleplay and has done so for the last 20 years.

I mean, they're right. A ricer is someone who extensively and unnecessarily modifies their car to pretend they live in the Fast and Furious movies. (because why else would you try and turn a Dodge Neon into an aborted rally car?)

Edited by Jedbediah
Just now, Jedbediah said:

turn a Dodge Neon into an aborted rally car?)

That's called a battle car, and a completely different thing.

The fact of the matter is, the line I quoted was 

people who do nothing but car RP and act like they're reliving fast and furious.

One of the key words in this being car RP, meaning this is irrelevant to whatever your opinion of a ricer is.

A ricer is not a roleplay term. It is a real term and not related to GTAW or Owl or anything.

• Upvote 1

Can we not divert from the main topic here? Bashing others doesn't make you anymore decent. As much as I don't like what you people call "mallrats" and "ricers", I don't like elitists who use these terms just as much. Be level headed and stop wasting your energy on others and focus on yourselves. You're here to give suggestion and opinions, not to show your elitism.

8 hours ago, BadassBaboon said:

I just hope no mallrats end up taking over this thing. However, a person who'd be linked to a group of illegal organizations could be a nice twist.

That sounds like the opposite of a good idea, yes 95% of people are going to be mildly corrupt in office. There's a reason the term waste management consultant exists, but it shouldn't be the over arching theme of their time in office. 

I'm glad we finally have elections, the previous mayor didn't do anything and was super inactive. I just hope that the new mayor can have an active administration with projects and ideas to actually influence the server. Government is a big house to manage, but if properly done it can positively impact the server. 

I'm also afraid that a less than stellar RPer might get in office but there are ways around that, one could be applying to LFM to get on the ballot (with a plan of RP and policies in office) to secure a spot on it. 

I'm more afraid if this is going to be an OOC popularity contest or if people are going to vote ICly as their character would, and also how many people would be allowed to vote? One per unique player, one vote per character?

• Upvote 1

Just make a good OOC application process and also IC. Make player management to watch the player closely for a few days and that will cut to the half the amount of mallrats candidates. Looking forward into this, I'll check who I might support with my elder char

21 hours ago, UTOPIA said:

I'm very wary of opportunists trying to take over via that COO position. I understand a lot of people have a disdain for gov, but it is actually a functioning faction at it's core and was slowly but surely developing a strong foundation as it branched into other departments. Yes, there were no "politics", but there is more to municipal government RP than politics. I partook in government role-play for a year and a half, and retired from my position a week ago. There's more than meets the eye when it comes down to it, and I hope legal FM proceeds very carefully and picks someone who is level headed, patient, and someone who won't kowtow to forum drama.

The COO role, previously, was an administrative role more than anything, they managed human resources, created rules for the faction, wrote legislation, and managed the varying departments. I really do hope whoever finds themselves in this position does it justice, and truly understands what the government faction is at it's core. I'd like to take a moment to remind those of you interested in gov RP, politics, and this COO position, that a house is only as strong as it's foundation, people shouldn't be jumping the gun on misc. political issues without the city functioning at a basic departmental level. It's a lot of writing, guide crafting, form filling and pencil pushing, these are all things that need to be done for that strong foundation to be set up- and for there to be fruitful role-play opportunities for the masses. Thanks for reading, good luck and I hope those of you getting into political/gov RP heed my advice.

PS: Very worried that our next mayor/coo will pull up in a sports car with glow in the dark shoes, if you are reading and you have either of these, please get rid of them.

I had a sports car and glow in the dark shoes... ?

My biggest question outside of the DOF and thier self sustaining area of RP...

What foundation was built behind the scene? I heard you say public works in another thread... that was defunct for.. well since I been here.

You mentioned legislative writing was done by the COO previously... thats not ment to be done and then implemented on a whim... Lets not speak of the arbitrary conflicts that legislation currently posses which has caused an IC uproar here lately...

Facts are I think most of us are scared because we got used to seeing nothing at all, 9nly hearing the rhetoric of what allegedly happens behind the scenes (I can say I speak to a lot of people, including leadership, and they all disagree)...

So in retrospect, if the new mayor does nothing at all except keep business registrations and licensing rolling... well... we are simply in the same boat.

I can also say if he does one thing that involves the community instead of his own locked agenda... well, that already puts them in the lead.

Focus should be on in-game roleplay generation imo. Playing the part of the Government even if all the systems and scripts aren't fully supportive of "realistic" responsibilities. I admit I know very little about how it all works these days, but I'd wager that most folks who aren't actively involved in Government roleplay would probably rate in-game activity like events and public appearances etc. Could be wrong of course, just going off past experience here. 

Edited by Allegra
  • mj2002 locked this topic