An honest discussion about the upcoming election

Trupiano

Just now, Shekh said:

people will most likely just vote for the funniest candidate, if someone bald or a troll character applies theyll probably win lets be real. they need to limit who can be voted for and do heavy background checks and quality rp checks so we dont get stuck with some dumbass

Not really though, there's no historical evidence of that happening. People shit on Rakesh Namir being the prime example, but in his policies and his reforms, the guy actually did a pretty decent job of things. I've never seen a historical example of what your describing happen. 

Just now, Mecovy said:

I'd argue unless you are absolutely confident in your abilities and having experience in a large scale server before, I'd wait and instead try climb the ranks of the new government to get a feel of the workload before you sign yourself up to such an extreme task. There's probably only a few people I would ever say is capable of such a task. @Eriks being the top of my list.

I think if you're confident in your ability to roleplay and tell a story you can handle any role thrown at you. no IC role should become an OOC chore

Just now, Tacoburger said:

I think if you're confident in your ability to roleplay and tell a story you can handle any role thrown at you. no IC role should become an OOC chore

No role should I agree, but that's idealism not realism. A sad reality that any role will require a level of OOC work depending on the roles overall importance in the server. 

Just now, Mecovy said:

No role should I agree, but that's idealism not realism. A sad reality that any role will require a level of OOC work depending on the roles overall importance in the server. 

with that said, how important is a mayor figure in the server? clearly the last one only got flak for being generally silent about everything from an IC standpoint

Just now, Tacoburger said:

with that said, how important is a mayor figure in the server? clearly the last one only got flak for being generally silent about everything from an IC standpoint

A mayor is absolutely vital to both illegal and legal RP. They pay government based factions, sign in laws, address public issues, ultimately decide how much funds will be given to businesses. Set up special economic area's (i.e the beach as ik someones gonna bring that up), decide the future direction of the government under their term (6 month+) and THEN after all that's done, go IG and provide regular interactions. I shit on the last gov because they didn't even respond to contact requests (see LSNN who've been waiting since 2019 for a reply). I respect the severity of the role and all that it holds. As I mentioned to you in PMs, its harder than you think. 

Just now, Zayyy said:

i just hope no lesbian would stand up to be the mayor and eventually get the votes.

refer to my earlier comment, if you consider the wider playerbase, and the fact that less than 60% of the server use facebrowser AFAIK, and those "lesbians" make up maybe 40% or less of FB, the odds of them winning a 51% majority to win is severely unlikely. I just hope people don't manipulate/ buy votes oocly. 

Just now, Mecovy said:

refer to my earlier comment, if you consider the wider playerbase, and the fact that less than 60% of the server use facebrowser AFAIK, and those "lesbians" make up maybe 40% or less of FB, the odds of them winning a 51% majority to win is severely unlikely. I just hope people don't manipulate/ buy votes oocly. 

i don't think any lesbian fb model rp's any interest into politics. so i doubt they would just stand up and be like "HEY, VOTE FOR ME. I'M RUNNING FOR THE MAYOR, WHOOHOO"

• mj2002 locked this topic