An honest discussion about the upcoming election

Trupiano

12 minutes ago, Tacoburger said:

what are some examples of these highlighted things you've said?

edit: just curious because of my own interests in the roleplay, and not the OOC part. i'd like to steer clear of having to essentially have a job in a video-game that causes me undue stress when I just want to develop a character or story

Unfortunately, a vast majority of it involves all of these things, especially if you are in a leadership position. I think the social services & cultural affairs departments require the least amount of the things listed and more IC interaction with people at the moment.

Edited by UTOPIA
grammar
Just now, Tseard said:

Like that is going to happen, do you really think LFM will allow that?

Yes, because people lie. Without going into examples sadly a lot of people can lie and manipulate and act like a wolf in sheeps clothing. It wouldn't be LFM's fault but it would be disastrous 

4 hours ago, Jola said:

no ricers because they have a bunch of ricer friends pls, I want a realistic mayor who know what hes about.

they make up majority of the legal rpers on the server sadly, all it takes is one ricer to run for mayor and put it in a discord that everyone should vote for him and theyll win

Just now, Shekh said:

they make up majority of the legal rpers on the server sadly, all it takes is one ricer to run for mayor and put it in a discord that everyone should vote for him and theyll win

If someone tries to use OOC friends to win a position, absolutely guarantee they'd get banned. In the grand scheme of the server, ricers make up maybe 25%, you need 50% to win. There are other groups /far/ larger absolutely DWARFING 99.9% of organized ricer roleplayers. 

2 minutes ago, UTOPIA said:

Unfortunately, a vast majority of it involves all of these things, especially if you are in a leadership position. I think the social services & cultural affairs departments require the least amount of the things listed and more IC interaction with people at the moment.

when you put it like that I feel as if I could handle it with appropriate underling delegation. i'm not averse to running things on a large scale but it'd be a big step up for me

Just now, Tacoburger said:

when you put it like that I feel as if I could handle it with appropriate underling delegation. i'm not averse to running things on a large scale but it'd be a big step up for me

I thought that once, but a leader leads by example, not by having people do things for them. 

Just now, Mecovy said:

I thought that once, but a leader leads by example, not by having people do things for them. 

i mean in the context of being able to handle workload by distributing it to people who can aid me. there is still face to maintain and to prove that you're competent and capable of getting things done

2 hours ago, Gambler said:

This. And it also makes me question..."What about the county?". 
If the Finance Dep. runs business checks and licensing in the county and all the state, then so be the whole government. I think State Government is more fruitful. No one will abuse their powers without going through Nervous and Legal FM anyway.

"Blaine County, with all of its unincorporated cities and areas, is subject to jurisdiction and service by the government of the City of Los Santos and its departments, including but not only: emergency medical services; policing; fire extinguishing; planning and zoning permits, and the distribution of permits for business operations."

Doesn't really make a difference for finance there.

1 hour ago, UTOPIA said:

I'd like to take a moment to remind those of you interested in gov RP, politics, and this COO position, that a house is only as strong as it's foundation, people shouldn't be jumping the gun on misc. political issues without the city functioning at a basic departmental level. It's a lot of writing, guide crafting, form filling and pencil pushing, these are all things that need to be done for that strong foundation to be set up- and for there to be fruitful role-play opportunities for the masses. Thanks for reading, good luck and I hope those of you getting into political/gov RP heed my advice.

Definitely the biggest point I'm afraid people don't understand. There's a lot of "forum work" to be done, if that's a fitting name. It's not just showing up to events in game. I don't plan to run for mayor or anything of the sort, but I hope whoever is running knows this.

Just now, Mecovy said:

If someone tries to use OOC friends to win a position, absolutely guarantee they'd get banned. In the grand scheme of the server, ricers make up maybe 25%, you need 50% to win. There are other groups /far/ larger absolutely DWARFING 99.9% of organized ricer roleplayers. 

people will most likely just vote for the funniest candidate, if someone bald or a troll character applies theyll probably win lets be real. they need to limit who can be voted for and do heavy background checks and quality rp checks so we dont get stuck with some dumbass

• Upvote 1
Just now, Tacoburger said:

i mean in the context of being able to handle workload by distributing it to people who can aid me. there is still face to maintain and to prove that you're competent and capable of getting things done

I'd argue unless you are absolutely confident in your abilities and having experience in a large scale server before, I'd wait and instead try climb the ranks of the new government to get a feel of the workload before you sign yourself up to such an extreme task. There's probably only a few people I would ever say is capable of such a task. @Eriks being the top of my list.

• mj2002 locked this topic