An honest discussion about the upcoming election

Trupiano

With the resignation of the current government/Mayor and the announcement of upcoming elections, the community is presented with the chance for a whole new section of roleplay. Community members have been waiting for these elections for awhile and seeing as they are now with in sight I think it's important we as a community discuss what they do and do not want to see out of the upcoming elections.

I for one don't want to see the entire scene become all about party politics, As an American this servers focus on the two major political parties at a city level has always been a bit confusing to me, in my experience local politics is just that, local. While yes most public officials are either republican or democrat, They are much more focused on winning individual vote then they are focused on appealing to a larger party base. What I would like to see is candidates focusing on the areas they are running in as I feel this will strengthen each neighborhood's community RP.

What is the communities thoughts? 

Update: Legal FM is now recruiting a Chief Operations Officer, if this post has intrigued you and you want to help see through your vision for Political RP, see below.

Edited by Henning

I'd love it if we could emulate stuff like the Board of Supervisors. More local level politics would be a good thing to see as well.

Hopefully more people can chime in with ideas to further improve political roleplay on the server. 

Personally, I'd like to see a transition to a State Government instead of a City Government. Why? A State Government can actively create policy that affects the entirety of the state. A local ordinance written by the City Council for instance only affects the inhabitants of that city, its jurisdiction does not extend beyond that. On the other hand, a State Legislature would fundamentally operate the same way a City Council does, but would discuss issues pertaining to businesses and properties, etc. throughout the entire state. The administrative division in this case would be simpler and more effective.

Edited by Justitiae
  • Upvote 6

I sincerely hope government will be properly roleplayed this time. I'm not saying that the RP was bad but that more government options are explored and used. Hopefully we'll get a lot more people involved who are interested in political roleplay. I'd love to see different types of committees set up. Lastly, people should know what they are doing, we shouldn't elect people just because they get the popular vote, we should get people who actually know their stuff.

Hopefully this leads to something more for political roleplay. It's a big step in the right direction but a step nonetheless. Fingers crossed that small fringe political parties can be created that properly represent the independent vote in local elections.

Personally I'm open for anything which isn't Rockford at this stage. What I desperately do not want to see however is a heavily mob influenced mayor/ COO only because Legal RP is depending on gov, and if illegal RP permeates to an excessive extent the key holders to Legal roleplay it will exacerbate the same chokehold which legal factions have been battling with under Rockford.

Edited by Mecovy

I agree with the abolishment of the City Government and to transition power over to the State Government. We could have a State Assembly and / or Senate as the legislative branch instead of a County Board that *advises* a city council. Eventually elections would be to elect members of the Assembly and / or Senate.

Every other agency is already State wide; LSSD, LSFD, DOJ... Government is lacking behind.

• Upvote 1
  • mj2002 locked this topic