STD's

nachorn

9 minutes ago, Wirbelwind said:

However, hard no from me as well.

surprising ?

real talk : stop this fucking madness right now you heathens, y'all want virtual STDs but be role-playing periods like you're junkie troglodytes on crack cocaine with severe bipolar tendencies ... please God Lord above stop it and research for a minute how STIs/STDs are actually transmitted rather than relying on an RPG script to determine how much ick is in the stick

kind regards,

morals

• Upvote 1

I disagree. Some STDs are not just simple infections that we can treat at the clinic. Some are nasty and are a true danger to life or life quality. Not everything is treatable. Hence why it shouldn't be forced on players by script. 

As a clinic owner I can say that we had quite a few patients that came to RP STD checks, some even said they would test positive. This is a hardcore RP server and people are capable of roleplaying that without being forced by the script. Even though this RP is problematic to begin with since forcing someone to RP a decease just because they ICly slept with your character is wrong. It's debatable, not everyone RP the entire process of the intercourse, let alone decide in /do if protection was used or not. People who want to RP sick can RP sick, but mind other player's overall experience of the game. 

I don't agree with a script, but I also agree something needs to be done. People just ERP like no tomorrow and get no consequences and the people who tend to do it, in my eyes are not the one to self introduce STD's to their roleplay.

But on the flip side as MrsHamsters said, some dedicated roleplayers do, people who actually put effort and time into their characters, not people who just make a new name every month and go on their conquests all over again.  

• Westen locked this topic