No insurance for leased vehicles

SpritDodo

I leased 2 vehicles since they were made possible to do so and since then I've saw some design flaws of the whole idea. The thing is that first of all you lease a vehicle and you also have to pay for the insurance, usually leased vehicles already come with an insurance included in the lease. Another thing is that you have to pay for all the modifications which is a bit lame since you lose all that money. For example I leased a Novak for my char which costs $9,500 a month for the lease plus another $9,500 for insurance which means a month it costs me $19k to own a vehicle which is not even mine, plus the $40k spent for the upgrades. I think we should have a higher monthly cost and no insurance to be paid and the possibility to lease them already tuned. 

The modding part is irrelevant since mods do stay on lease renewals but yeah, I do agree.

It'd be easy if base lease prices as well as the renewals just included part of the insurance cost, perhaps 50% of the insurance could be just added to the lease prices and they get insured at the same time too.

1 minute ago, Flow said:

The modding part is irrelevant since mods do stay on lease renewals but yeah, I do agree.

It'd be easy if base lease prices as well as the renewals just included part of the insurance cost, perhaps 50% of the insurance could be just added to the lease prices and they get insured at the same time too.

It's not irrelevant because once you stop leasing that vehicle, that money is gone.

In real life you have to pay for your own insurance on vehicles on top of the monthly lease fee. It'd be the same if you financed the car normally. You have to pay for the car payments in addition to your monthly insurance payments / registration fees / etc. It's about as realistic as it could be tbh.

On 7/7/2020 at 5:07 PM, Sush said:

In real life you have to pay for your own insurance on vehicles on top of the monthly lease fee. It'd be the same if you financed the car normally. You have to pay for the car payments in addition to your monthly insurance payments / registration fees / etc. It's about as realistic as it could be tbh.

On 7/7/2020 at 5:59 PM, babyface said:

Leased cars and Rental Cars aren't quite the same. With a leased car you still have to insure it like normal and a lot of times you'll have to buy additional GAP insurance.

Ok so let me get it clear. Sometimes I've saw here in Italy the possibilty to lease a vehicle with insurance or some bits of it included that's why I made this suggestion. Now if we really want to be realistical in my opinion the prices are too high for any vehicle considering that in real life when you lease a vehicle you pretty much can chose the spec on it including upgrades (sure not engine tunes and everything like ig). That's why I think all leased cars should come with the possibilty to chose upgrades on it, add the cost of the insurance (which I suggest to be lowered to like 25-50% of the original price) and maybe even a custom plate if you like want to lease them for your company. Why do I say all of that, well think about it. In real life you lease a vehicle because most of the time you are able to detract the cost of the lease (or part of it) from the taxes you pay, why should I pay $82,500 monthly to own a Cheetah Classic? Which is 12% of the total price of the vehicle? (this is just an example).

I want to use the leased vehicles for a business idea I have but if I add the total cost to lease the vehicles I want (not to mention I need to get them approved) it would cost me over 1M a month to lease them which I don't think there's a legal business pulling this money out every month. (Also you need to at least earn something so realistically you should pull 1,5-2M a month to afford that business).

On 7/7/2020 at 8:07 AM, Sush said:

Then why does the Windsor and the Schlagen insurance only cost 500 dollars a month? That is very unfair to other players who leased cars that have an actual purchase price when they have to pay double the lease price.

Also regarding to modding, let's talk about how most leasing companies forfeit your contract if you modify the vehicle without their consent as it lowers the potential resale value if say you have a bad tune that blows the engine down the road.

Just now, QuadTurboW16 said:

Then why does the Windsor and the Schlagen insurance only cost 500 dollars a month? That is very unfair to other players who leased cars that have an actual purchase price when they have to pay double the lease price.

Because they are not vehicles in the dealership, as such they don't have insurances based on their price because there is no price.