ULSA - RP?

Hi,

Hopefully this is the right forum to post this and apologies if not, as I only joined yesterday!

I recently started on the server as a student at ULSA and was wondering if there are many other players out there who are either enrolled, teaching or interested in such RP at our cities finest (and only?), university?

If not, is there much interest in any such RP? I'm not really talking about attending classes of course but more along the lines of the RP and events that students get up to, outside their regular curricular activities - not limited too, but some ideas might be:

• Renting / Sharing accommodation (Good to meet people / expand your RP circle).
  • Hanging out with other students & making friends of friends etc.
  • Student Parties - whether at a house or going to bars / clubs in town, a proclivity for being loud. (possibly partaking in underage drinking / fake ID's and recreational drug use - there would certainly be room for dealers and people to play 'fixers' to help such activities).
  • Events - whether it's Watersport activities along the beach, jocks or athletics competitions, or hand gliding / climbing.
  • Student arranged protests?
  • Depending on numbers, a fraternity / sorority?
  • For those wanting some academic roleplay (Since i'm not sure classrooms are a thing?), there could be extra tutorial sessions out of hours with their 'favorite' tutor. ?

Wider RP - Obviously some of these events might help and include RP with other groups:

• Owners of local businesses & passing trade from a group of students walking in.
  • Students applying for party time jobs to help fund their student fees.
  • Imagine hiring a party boat or ski's down at the marina from a local player run business.
  • Or, an adventure experience with a local ranger / owners of local gun ranges.
  • Interaction with the criminal underworld to obtain their party / recreational drugs.
  • Maybe even arranging work experience / internships with the local Fire / Police / Medical teams and similar businesses?

Just some ideas, but if you're interested then please send me a pm in game or reply here and let's have some fun!

I've set up a community group for players to reach out to one another here: - https://face.gta.world/ulsacommunity

There is also a discord channel that I've setup for people to have a discussion and ideas of a potential In game faction that was suggested by a few people here: https://discord.gg/Qrk3wXU

Edited by Alyssa McCarthy
  • Upvote 6
  • Applaud 1

As someone whose primary role on my main character is to teach people, I think this would present some really interesting opportunities, however I have one big question for people that are considering / doing this - with respect to the actual learning aspect of being a student, would people be wanting classes? Or would that just be passively RPed?

• Upvote 1

I think that would really depend on what the people RPing tutors would want to do? I don't think their are classrooms or interiors for the university that could be lectured in, so maybe study groups out on the campus gardens or something could be a thing where a group meets up for RP?

If we could get a list of tutors and students, then people would know where to sign up and arrange their RP sessions.

During evening hours then i'd expect that's when students can live upto the fun that we see in you're typical party lifestyle and young people getting into trouble and maybe dragging a tutor or two along with them!