Elections

Rensai

Where are they? When are they planned? Political activism, and political attitudes in general are on the rise lately. We've heard many stories now. How, it's not allowed to shame others for inactivity. How Mayor Rockford doesn't even play on the server. How the vast majority of the government faction only exists to sate a basic need, instead of being what it needs to be for those interested in its concept. There are many roleplayers who are comfortable in this space, and this is what they desire. Yet, Rockford sits on his pedistal, logging in every two weeks or so for a few minutes at a time to keep his properties? It's not the system we were promised. 

This is not a thread to shit on the server. Generally, I think things are going great. Player counts are fantastic, there's always something to do, but our government has been allowed to slack. It's clear they're just holding on to their positions and plainly don't care about the server, when there's plenty of groups that would be happy and active in that position.

As a player, when's the last time you saw or heard of Rockford or any of his staff being in game? Was it even in July or June? Inactivity is something punished server wide. From people holding on to properties, to factions legal and illegal, yet this specific group seems to gain immunity. It's fine if they don't want these positions anymore, as stated before, there are plenty who are happy to roleplay regularly and actively in their place, but they hold on to it out of sheer, what, greed, order? We need active politicians.

• Upvote 10

It is because he was PUT in place. Simple as that. Who can PUT someone into a position? Excuse - "we do not see that any party factions are very serious about political RP", yet - mayor did not even log in on the 4th of July. xD

Who are these political opponents you speak of? I haven’t heard of the current political establishment. But I haven’t seen or heard of these political opponents to the current city administration either.  When was the last time they had a communal conference to increase their political influence and awareness to community events? Is there a showcase of these political opponents? 

Edited by Anperè
3 hours ago, Anperè said:

I have a better question, where are these political activists you say are better? I sure haven't heard of any of them either when I'm online, I never seen any political gatherings to support their rise either. I haven't seen any Community Showcases related to Political Parties either. Sounds like these political opponents should be trying harder, the current political entity may have easily put into a key role in the community (in terms of in character influence). But you're now promoting a group of entities nobody else probably ever heard of either.

Used to be a handful but they were left to starve out... I for one know that the political landscape goes deeper than just broken promises.. It seems like it's.. Well.. I will say that it is a protected and highly sensitive topic......... I even challenged it from a legal perspective (Legislation which is in our SA constitution, and the right to it... yeah.. RIGHT..).... was told "Something is happening in a week to make your lawsuit work".... That was, meh... Months ago....

I spent time in the faction... I looked at the year+ worth of discord chats... Its disgusting and far from supportive of this community.. They mock our community or anyone outside of the government hierchy.. It is a status quo operation, and I feel secure enough to say that for the simple fact that I documented every word....

Avro/Government supported my official faction (Duke)... Bless him for that..But I did the work only to find out a couple million dollars doesn't circumvent the lack of support I obtained..... They are all bright and talented individuals... No doubt there..... Licensing? Awesome.... But hey... The government is more than just riding around every other month and shutting businesses down... The jetski rental place is not a threat Mr. Dankaster.. Go do something productive.....Like bring your faction back to life....

But this "We are building a foundation for the transition of power and it takes time..." excuse that I PERSONALLY have heard the ones at the top speak of (Not going to name drop)... Yeah it's bullshit...... I can get a fucking license database on FIVERR.com for 200 bucks, made by some guy named DANG-GONG, who I barely can speak to, and have it next week.. Working flawlessly........ What else do you have to show for what.. 1-2 years?

The people of this community need to stop being blundered with fantasy.... We play here! just like any admin or faction management, or Nervous himself... We know what we see.. We know what goes on.... We are the END USER.... If it is not working for us it simply isn't working...

It has taken a year and counting to figure out how to allow the community to participate in the RP they help build.... Meanwhile.. They log in and kick harmless businesses to the side, as if they arn't defunct themselves......\\\\

Sometimes no matter how many smart and intricate words we use, or how elaborate the stories may be... People still see through the bullshit at the end of the day ( I know first hand.. It's my favorite IC tactic....).... I think the topic of "The inactive government" and its slow decent to destruction is just one of those times....... The proof is in the puddin'.

Just my two cents.

Edited by Alexandra_Forge
  • Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
21 minutes ago, Alexandra_Forge said:

Used to be a handful but they were left to starve out... I for one know that the political landscape goes deeper than just broken promises.. It seems like it's.. Well.. I will say that it is a protected and highly sensitive topic......... I even challenged it from a legal perspective (Legislation which is in our SA constitution, and the right to it... yeah.. RIGHT..).... was told "Something is happening in a week to make your lawsuit work".... That was, meh... Months ago....

I spent time in the faction... I looked at the year+ worth of discord chats... Its disgusting and far from supportive of this community.. They mock our community or anyone outside of the government hierchy.. It is a status quo operation, and I feel secure enough to say that for the simple fact that I documented every word....

Avro/Government supported my official faction (Duke)... Bless him for that..But I did the work only to find out a couple million dollars doesn't circumvent the lack of support I obtained..... They are all bright and talented individuals... No doubt there..... Licensing? Awesome.... But hey... The government is more than just riding around every other month and shutting businesses down... The jetski rental place is not a threat Mr. Dankaster.. Go do something productive.....Like bring your faction back to life....

But this "We are building a foundation for the transition of power and it takes time..." excuse that I PERSONALLY have heard the ones at the top speak of (Not going to name drop)... Yeah it's bullshit...... I can get a fucking license database on FIVRR.com for 200 bucks made by some guy name DANG-GONG who I barely can speak to and have it next week.. Working flawlessly........ What else do you have to show for what.. 1-2 years?

The people of this community need to stop being blundered with fantasy.... We play here just like any admin or faction management, or Nervous himself... We know what we see.. We know what goes on.... We are the END USER.... If it is not working for us it simply isn't working...

It has taken a year and counting to figure out how to allow the community to participate in the RP they help build.... Meanwhile.. They log in and kick harmless businesses to the side, as if they arn't defunct themselves......\\\\

Sometimes no matter how many smart and intricate words we use, or how elaborate the stories may be... People still see through the bullshit at the end of the day ( I know first hand.. It's my favorite IC tactic....).... I think the topic of "The inactive government" and its slow decent to destruction is just one of those times....... The proof is in the puddin'.

Just my two cents.

Can only agree - we tried, met with businesses, talked policies. But at the end of the day - not deep enough, was the excuse. They are good with the status quo, because of ooc ties, simple.

I do think it's time we had a change and someone that is willing to invest time and effort into both the OOC and IC work is put in place.

All I've seen of Government lately has been them driving around shutting businesses down. That's all good for them and their minimal roleplay as they probably don't roleplay with these establishments for leisure, but for the community that actively play, it's just taking away our roleplay. 

When I've had an email sitting in the gov forum for 4 months waiting for a response to input some seriously needed laws down the beach and have received zero response but then see Government shutting down a simple jetski rental business  - you really start to turn on them.

People are tired and frustrated - the riots alone should have had a massive Government response but it's once again been overlooked. I think the entire faction needs to be disbanded and replaced by people who actually care about bringing some real political roleplay to the server.

• Applaud 1

Elections are mentions in the devlog

Obviously its behind schedule. I hope at the very least the development team can ensure that this system is in place in time to have election day to occur somewhere in early November. A lot of people will be in tune with politics then, so it would be nice timing. 

Parties and would-be administrations need time to prepare and showcase themselves though. If we can get an announcement somewhere in the summer for this, then we can really start to make this viable RP again.

Based on my time in the faction, I have to agree with @Alexandra_Forge and @ashlyii. Whoever says the government is active is simply delusional. To be fair with the faction, I have to say, some of the departments are doing their job completely well, for example, I can't really say a bad word against the Financial Department. On the other hand, I find the criticism against the leaders completely legitimate. 

The current leaders of the faction are inactive, both IC and OOC. They never really participate in discussions, when a faction member wants to change something they just simply shut down the discussion and say "they will mute the channel" if you say they are inactive. At this point, this is indeed an OOC problem because matter of fact, we do not have elections at the moment. I have no idea who and when put them in place but right now, they have no place in the leader's chair in my honest opinion. 

They made many good things in the past, they created a kinda okay framework but now they are clearly unmotivated to be and stay proactive with the faction.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1