Relationship RP

Lucie

Relationship RP  

405 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It's an exciting experience doing relationship roleplay, for me it adds another dimension of Character development when it's unplanned and completely taken IC (Like, you meet someone IC and it just happens to happen). But, I completely understand it not being the kind of RP for some people.

• Upvote 2

Unless the word 'relationship' and ERP are synonymous on this server, the two are in my opinion, very different things!

Relationships, whether friendships, rivalries or business contacts are integral to any kind of worthwhile RP. Without them, I can't see how you can have any kind of meaningful or rewarding RP.

I think closer relationship bonds (such as siblings or cousins etc), are only really meaningful if you can RP regularly with the other individual.

When I've seen players do this in the past, typically one of the players isn't around as often or stops playing. This leads to the feeling of them sharing something like a sibling bond lacking the immersion it would otherwise have and so it's quite hard to persist the RP unless you can find a player who's willing to invest the same time and effort that you are.

• Upvote 3
On 7/31/2020 at 7:31 AM, Alyssa McCarthy said:

When I've seen players do this in the past, typically one of the players isn't around as often or stops playing. This leads to the feeling of them sharing something like a sibling bond lacking the immersion it would otherwise have and so it's quite hard to persist the RP unless you can find a player who's willing to invest the same time and effort that you are.

This is the worst, and one of the biggest drawbacks to relationship RP in itself. It's hard to push on like nothing happened when the person just vanishes into thin air for no reason.

Otherwise, to me it's almost crucial for genuine character development. 

• 5 months later...