Relationship RP

Lucie

Relationship RP  

405 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It contributes to my character's story, so I do it. It is, after all, roleplaying. But I also understand people who don't wish to roleplay such things or have no interest in them.

E: Of course, this goes without saying — it's only done if the characters truly click. I don't go out of my way looking for it.

Edited by Wirbelwind
  • Upvote 2

I mean this is a difficult one for me to tag. I don't purposely look out of a character to have an IC relationship however, if that's the way the RP naturally goes I'm not impartial to it. It's all about the direction and development of the character for me. 

• Upvote 3

Family / relationship RP is a good way to make your char seem much more lifelike; and it enhances the overall story. Some people mentioned how cousins sometimes hang out with opposing gangs.

The issue is that finding people to do that long-term with their own characters is a chore.

Edited by arrdef

Roleplay is meant to go organic and as such if my story leads there, why not? It adds a lot to characters, change them and makes the whole idea of developing a character interesting. But of course, people shouldn't go out of their way to seek a relationship just for the sake of it.

Family roleplay can also be made interesting, but as said above there's only a handful of people who'd do it long-term.

Edited by colorlessrainbow

It's not my main drive, but having an active player to engage in a relationship between your two characters also helps motivating coming back every day, to stay active, however as an older character it seems hard to find an appropriate partner of roughly same age, or even the neighborhood of the same age. This is on itself has also lead to some character development.
Finding a straight female past 40 is another task in on itself. ?

• Upvote 1

Finding people to connect with on my characters is an exciting experience for me, it's a major dynamic in RP that I look for, like finding the right piece of the puzzle to fit in with the character I'm working on developing. It makes that character all the more real through getting that relationship. ERP, however, is not my focus, the dynamic is.

Edited by thumbelina
  • Upvote 1