The recent riots

xdthe

13 minutes ago, CrunchyOnion said:

"I didn't see much trolls."

"The admins were constantly on top of trolls of course there's gonna be bad apples."

Which is it?

Straight up firefights between protesters and rioters for reasons as small as insults do not happen, no. Also see my prior posts as to how in real life, this shit wouldn't happen without the military descending on all our asses due to how chaotic it is. Since we're all persistent on "mirroring real life" and "portraying real life" are you all hype for the martial law tonight as the national guard patrol the area and the FBI do a bunch of arrests because the riot essentially became The Purge IRL? Are the cops all hype to lose their jobs and some go to prison since they were using actual guns to shoot at people? I mean we gotta since this is meant to mirror real life!

Something tells me if the later was added... you'd still complain... ?

3 hours ago, Dodo said:

The only issue is that it isn't. It's already been explicitly said by admins that the protests aren't allowed to be influenced by real life events, yet we continue to do it anyway. Why is that? 

As someone else mentioned ALL the riots were caused by IC events, any mentions of IRL names like George Floyd and other people who've lost their lives to police brutality were merely mentioned because they obviously correlate with protests against police brutality, anybody who is telling you the protests/riots started for George Floyd are extremely mistaken and when staff asked protesters to stop mentioning IRL names it stopped instantly.

I'll go ahead and say I don't feel the extreme reaction to a mixed race officer saying the "n word" was too justified but like a hell of a lot of IRL protests the police's reaction and force they used to fight the protesters is what people end up protesting and fighting against the most, and rightfully so, even if that means the initial reasoning is put to the side.

Towards the end of the city hall protests last night protesters pushed the line and after a little scuffle with the police overwhelmed PD's attempt at keeping them all secure in one spot, this led PD to retreat, only to come back equipped with 10x more efficient gear and a stronger more direct approach to protesters.

Can't remember the exact phrase but the officer in charge shouted something akin to "clean them up" which had officers throwing tear gas and beating protesters to the ground in an attempt to restrain them and honestly? It was amazing, they even had officers dressed up as protesters to hide within the crowd.

THIS is why people are protesting now, they're fighting against the force the police are giving back and honestly it's how it should be, I'd honestly urge PD to clamp down even harder if it's not already planned and I'm really excited to see how it all plans out.

Seems to be a massive divide between if people enjoy the riots or not OOC but from a filthy dirty IC protester like myself I'm fucking loving the RP coming from this, keep it up.

image.png.8a4be6e9f8f35a064774b3ffbe1938fd.png

Edited by BINGBONGGHOST
2 hours ago, CrunchyOnion said:

Straight up firefights between protesters and rioters for reasons as small as insults do not happen, no. 

Don't talk out your ass about things you can't be sure about.

I am from Minneapolis, I was at the George Floyd protest the night they burned down the 3rd police precinct. I watched a black man get stabbed over a verbal altercation. Not just the aftermath, I literally saw the dude pull a knife out and stab him in the torso as the man screamed out "That dude stabbed me! He stabbed me!". There have been multiple shootouts between protesters in my city, people have gotten mugged and beaten for just looking at people a certain way, the fact that your sitting here talking about how "This isn't how riots actually happen" is absolute, 100% bullshit. I should know, because I've been on ground fucking zero for a police brutality riot in the United States.

Edited by Henning

Straight up firefights between protesters and rioters for reasons as small as insults do not happen, no. 

Have you been under a rock for the last month and a half? That's quite literally exactly what happened at various peaceful protests all across America.

27 minutes ago, Henning said:

Don't talk out your ass about things you can't be sure about.

I am from Minneapolis, I was at the George Floyd protest the night they burned down the 3rd police precinct. I watched a black man get stabbed over a verbal altercation. Not just the aftermath, I literally saw the dude pull a knife out and stab him in the torso as the man screamed out "That dude stabbed me! He stabbed me!". There have been multiple shootouts between protesters in my city, people have gotten mugged and beaten for just looking at people a certain way, the fact that your sitting here talking about how "This isn't how riots actually happen" is absolute, 100% bullshit. I should know, because I've been on ground fucking zero for a police brutality riot in the United States.

Cool you saw someone get stabbed and you're now equating a stabbing to a shootout between multiple protesters (in which the majority of them are supposed "legal RPers" all of a sudden having guns in their hands) and multiple cops in which the cops begin to whip out the AK's and the shotguns and then in come the paramedics and then they start targeting the paramedics and then the protesters start running around with wrenches and hammers clobbering people and then charge the cops with assault rifles with their hammers thinking they're gonna hit them? Oh with no arrests happening. So you've seen THAT in person? Because THAT is what is going on IG. And before you say I'm moving the goal posts, no I'm not. I've claimed in the very posts in which you cherry picked that quote out, what I'm talking about, and I'm talking about unrealistic behaviour like that. People just DMing and not RPing fear, which people is saying is "reflecting reality." When its not, its a poor interpretation of reality which is "I've seen people be violent at these riots so I'm gonna make a character purely to be as stupidly violent as possible until he's CKed by the cops." So you're telling me right now, that the people who are RPing shit like that are doing so because they genuinely think thats how you RP riots? And thats what they saw in riots? You're think they're doing that because of THAT reason and not because they found an excuse to fuck around and DM during the riots and get away with it?

14 minutes ago, Chef said:

Have you been under a rock for the last month and a half? That's quite literally exactly what happened at various peaceful protests all across America.

LITERALLY exactly? LITERALLY. As in, you physically saw them start insulting each other like 14 year olds, then the cops whip out their handguns and start shooting up the place and then the crowd starts shooting up the place then the crowd also starts getting hammers and wrenches and charging at them as if they're gonna win and then both cops and protesters start targeting paramedics for no reason? Then the cops get their shotties and AKs? You saw that? Not isolated incidents in which a person got stabbed or shot or whatever? You saw literally what I've been describing these past few posts, moment by moment?

Edited by CrunchyOnion

Straight up firefights between protesters and rioters for reasons as small as insults do not happen, no.

Lol and here is where I stopped reading. Completely false. Have you ever been a part of a protest turned violent? Probably not. Explains why you have no clue. 

Edited by Chief
  • Groz locked this topic