The recent riots

xdthe

3 minutes ago, Gambler said:

So we have around 500-600 players online. And PD has around 40 people online. There were like 30 protesters tops. And believe me, I know what I saw. Starting from Davis to City Hall.  Let's pretend what you say is true tho'. You sent majority of your forces to answer to 30 protestersters. While 400+ players were left in the hands of a few.

Hello, I can assure you that not every unit was occupied at City Hall. There were a large handful of units left to patrol the rest of the city, however as you stated; there were approximately 30 protesters or more. That being said, I think it's safe to say that was the majority of the server's activity at the time. As a result, we didn't really have any other calls to prioritize. 

Just now, Wisci said:

You think riots stop the Los Santos Police Department Traffic Division? You're sorely mistaken. 

The Traffic Division stops at nothing to ensure the vehicles of Los Santos are properly insured and parked. 

So what will be todays reason to riot? Riot Simulator v3.

Some of you just do not get the point that we have this rioting and people killing in the riots ooc-ly now - the PD has always had bad apples, which is natural for big factions, BUT why riot and kill bystanders now? Go and drool over the videos on Youtube - bringing grief and sorrow from Right Now in the US is imo indecent amd wrong.

And for the people who made throw-away characters to sacrifice - admins should CK their original characyers as well, because this is total BS: they overdid it for the reason to get shot, so the riots can continue. Totally appalling.

Like I said - wouldbit beennorganic and the reasons ONLY ic-ly and in game ones, would be cool, but now it is some "i wanna riot because i have ooc issues thing"

To also add my two bits, I am extremely tired of dealing with the recent riots. Other than the event involved with the SD the other night, I don't believe there have been any justifiable reasons to riot from an IC perspective. Perhaps it's just because I'm a US Citizen and I'm in a position where I've been deployed to deal with these riots myself but it's extremely tiresome to have to come back into a game to deal with riots that have no apparent substance or purpose. 

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, Dodo said:

To also add my two bits, I am extremely tired of dealing with the recent riots. Other than the event involved with the SD the other night, I don't believe there have been any justifiable reasons to riot from an IC perspective. Perhaps it's just because I'm a US Citizen and I'm in a position where I've been deployed to deal with these riots myself but it's extremely tiresome to have to come back into a game to deal with riots that have no apparent substance or purpose. 

That's life, it happens. This is a roleplay server portraying real life, it happens.

2 minutes ago, bidi bidi bom bom said:

That's life, it happens. This is a roleplay server portraying real life, it happens.

The only issue is that it isn't. It's already been explicitly said by admins that the protests aren't allowed to be influenced by real life events, yet we continue to do it anyway. Why is that? 

The protest is all IC quit complaining about it OOC it happened it’s done for no need to shit on it OOCly, in my perspective I didn’t see much trolls as the admins were constantly on top of the trolls and death-matchers of course there was gonna be bad apples in the riot it’s bound to happen.

1 minute ago, Dodo said:

The only issue is that it isn't. It's already been explicitly said by admins that the protests aren't allowed to be influenced by real life events, yet we continue to do it anyway. Why is that? 

But this wasn't a George Floyd protest, it was a riot caused by IC events. People weren't sitting there going "Lets bait the cops into saying nigga then we'll start a riot" there was a build up, your just choosing not to see it.

20 minutes ago, Dodo said:

Exactly. I have been working in the EDF (Estonian Defence Forces) for 11 years, 4 missions in the Middle East, I have seen riots there with casualties. And those kids think it is just fun and games to run arpund with hammers and wrenches, taking their ooc-feelings in there and trying to instigate more and more violence, by making throwaway characters and so on. The most awful portrayed event ig, by far.

Just now, Henning said:

But this wasn't a George Floyd protest, it was a riot caused by IC events. People weren't sitting there going "Lets bait the cops into saying nigga then we'll start a riot" there was a build up, your just choosing not to see it.

Caused by ic-event where someone made a throw-away blank NPC characters to be CKd. It should be a heavy RP server?

• Groz locked this topic