The recent riots

xdthe

I don't know where the 'police shooting unarmed' keeps coming from. The 'innocents' on covenant attempted to kill LEOs with hammers. As far as I'm aware as someone who has been keeping up with the kills and deaths, only one person unarmed was shot by PD/SD and it was voided. 

Maybe it's not as obvious to the players but most LEOs don't shoot unless there's a deadly weapon involved (vehicles count). The last time we had such happen I know about the character was investigated and fired.

The dead people whipped out melee weapons to instigate more riots, plain and simple. 

Just now, Gambler said:

I wonder how many PD was online during riots and how many where at the riots?

From our discussions with the PD Chief, PD had around 30 to 40 staff online, which was handling the riots / other areas. 

Just now, LSNN said:

From our discussions with the PD Chief, PD had around 30 to 40 staff online, which was handling the riots / other areas. 

So that means that PD was completely non-rp last night sending 100% of their forces to the riots. Leaving the rest of the city unprotected from other crimes. I saw more than 40 at riots for sure.

Edited by Gambler
Just now, Gambler said:

So that means that PD was completely non-rp last night sending 100% of their forces to the riots. Leaving the rest of the city unprotected from other crimes.

Actually I mis-read the comment you made, my apologies. 

Just now, Gambler said:

which was handling the riots / other areas

from the PD chief

Charles Hughes: From our end, about fifty to sixty were ultimately involved in the incident over the course of it.  I can't speak for the Sheriffs or Fire Departments, however. While the incident was ongoing, we were able to still maintain regular patrol services for 911 calls. All in all, our field commanders did well yesterday.

1 minute ago, Gambler said:

So that means that PD was completely non-rp last night sending 100% of their forces to the riots. Leaving the rest of the city unprotected from other crimes. I saw more than 40 at riots for sure.

I can assure you that wasn't the case.  We still had a lot of units out in the field doing patrols and answer calls, granted thin but that isn't what I see as being unrealistic from a city police department standpoint. 

Edited by Cascade
Just now, Cascade said:

I can assure you that wasn't the case, certainly not 40.  We still had a lot of units out in the field doing patrols and answer calls, granted thin but that isn't what I see as being unrealistic from a city police department standpoint. 

So we have around 500-600 players online. And PD has around 40 people online. There were like 30 protesters tops. And believe me, I know what I saw. Starting from Davis to City Hall.  Let's pretend what you say is true tho'. You sent majority of your forces to answer to 30 protestersters. While 400+ players were left in the hands of a few.

8 minutes ago, Gambler said:

So we have around 500-600 players online. And PD has around 40 people online. There were like 30 protesters tops. And believe me, I know what I saw. Starting from Davis to City Hall.  Let's pretend what you say is true tho'. You sent majority of your forces to answer to 30 protestersters. While 400+ players were left in the hands of a few.

I'm not going to argue, nor do I know exact numbers of LEOs online in general from both us and LSSD  (Though I do know they had to increase our TS space there was that many of us) but when you saw the scenes from the night before and the aggression from the crowds (which were at points much bigger than 30) and continuously pulled back and adjusted our unit numbers, then again not unrealistic from a city PD stand point. However, I can assure you we had enough officers out on patrol.  However, this is really something that should be addressed IC not OOC. 

Edited by Cascade
Just now, Wisci said:

You think riots stop the Los Santos Police Department Traffic Division? You're sorely mistaken. 

Haha nothing stops those guys. I think I saw them ticketing one of the burnt out vehicles for obstructing traffic!

• Groz locked this topic