The recent riots

xdthe

7 hours ago, HaveADream said:

This is interesting to me as the riots highlighted the issues of miscommunication (especially between PD and SD) and poor training/resources, do the IC ramifications of that not excite you? What could this lead to, and how can it change the LSPD/LSSD? Whatever one may think of the original incident, the fallout is certainly going to be exciting and I can't wait to see what happens next.

I don't even particularly think it was a poor escalation considering the socio-ecomomic dynamics, wars have started over less.

Yes, I agree wholeheartedly. I think everyone who is suggesting "people wouldn't riot over x y z" don't understand that really anything could set off a mob of angry individuals. Based on the bans that were flying off last night, it seems like the admins did a great job regulating it, and that the event presumably went pretty well. We should all remind ourselves that in recent riots, entire strip malls, neighborhoods and apartment buildings have been lit ablaze, so anyone saying it is unrealistic for the rioters to have lit something on fire or cause any form of chaos should take a look at those instances. I think it's about time people started questioning PD's antics IC rather than OOC, I think it has a lot of RP to add from a political standpoint, and it gives people something to talk about.

Edited by UTOPIA
grammar

My game kept crashing whenever I came near lol so I didn’t get to participate so what I’m gonna say is just word of mouth.

The riot wasn’t solely started because a Deputy said the n-word. That was just adding fuel to the fire. I also heard that the tactics used by the police to quell the riot was questionable (namely shooting into a crowd of people). This, obviously, added a lot more fuel to the already growing fire. 

Were there a lot of arrests made? 

I’m not bashing the lspd or the lssd im genuinely curious

Edited by Declan

IRL people will riot over anything, especially if one side make a mistake to trigger the other. But IG riots are often used as an excuse for mallrats and more aggressive gangbangers to go beating, murdering or robbing sprees, while those are not that widespread, they still happen and one single pistol shot from out of nowhere can spark the whole mayhem thing, which I assumed is what happened with cops starting shooting. I am having hardtime picturing cops starting the shootout just because they could. Every cop knows that once they fire the gun, there's a lot more stuff to deal with. And they don't wanna do that if they can contain situation using other means. Cause if they did I imagine they wouldn't be cops by now. I may be wrong, but I heard, that cops were only responding to a battle between two gangs initially.

Edited by Engelbert

Lmao most of you have never been in a riot and it shows.

Listen, I wasn’t at this event but I’ve been reading people replies and I’ve been watch the videos. From what I’m seeing? It was a pretty decent replication of an actual riot. Speaking from personal experience? Random bystanders being attacked isn’t unrealistic, in a riot it is complete anarchy and the only thing stopping someone from killing you? Is they not feeling like killing you. I’ve seen people get stabbed, shot, jumped and gang beat at riots in early June. You look at someone the wrong way? Someone doesn’t like you for some reason? You could be attacked and that’s just the cold hard truth.

now I’m also seeing a ton of people focus they’re entire debate on if an officer saying the N word was enough justification to start a riot. What people need to understand is it’s not what started the situation that matters, it’s what cops do in response which escalated the situation into a riot.

I’m from Minneapolis, I was at the protests for the first week. George Floyd’s death sparked a protest, it was the actions of the police force on night one that started the riot. You don’t get a riot for one singular reason, it’s a mixture of emotions that are brought on by the situation. 

On the server we just recently had a video go viral of a deputy using excessive force on someone, the relationship between the black community and Law Enforcement has always been shit. Then you have a sheriffs deputy saying the N word? Sure that action alone doesn’t constitute a riot but when you put them all together it sure does make a nice tipping point.

It seems like a small vocal minority is upset about the situation, I really hope that doesn’t effect any future management decisions. From the looks of it, this created Roleplay that will effect characters for months, if not years. For some officers this will be one of the defining moments in their characters story, something that will be baked into the history of the LSPD and LSSD. For the server? The shockwaves from this event will be felt all over the map, creating organic roleplay that the entire community is able to partake in.

• Upvote 3

Let’s take a minute to sit back and realize what happened, the server had a legitimate, IC fueled riot. If you put all the justifications together.

While the random mallrats in there pickup trucks that blocked roads off from fleeing fire trucks or ramming police caracaras was off putting, at least we had sixty others properly roleplaying the riot.

End of the day, its overall extremely positive for the server, and I’m glad it happened.

• Groz locked this topic