The recent riots

xdthe

So for those of you who have been living under a rock, recently some stuff went down in the Davis area. Protests occurred which quickly turned violent cause of police passing racial slurs and using excessive force. I wanna hear everyone’s general opinion and thought about the riots which are going on. I also wanna hear if they liked the riots or personally disliked them, and what the community could do as a whole to have improved the roleplay which occurred in the riot. This is an open discussion so please be respectful of one another’s opinion.

Edited by xdthe
Just now, SugarDavis said:

Imagine burning down the city because a mixed race cop said the N word without a hard R. Obligatory "we're a heavy roleplay server". 

https://streamable.com/f0upqj

^^ Not my meme btw

I’ve seen a lot of people say that this is the reason why the riots started but this is not the sole reason. As someone who was part of the black group when the cops showed up on scene, they used excessive force which really aggravated everyone at the scene. They locked up two people for rather petty crimes simply because they felt like it. The cop passing the racial slur just added fuel, however I do still think that burning the FD station was a bit excessive and unneeded.

Just now, xdthe said:

I’ve seen a lot of people say that this is the reason why the riots started but this is not the sole reason. As someone who was part of the black group when the cops showed up on scene, they used excessive force which really aggravated everyone at the scene. They locked up two people for rather petty crimes simply because they felt like it. The cop passing the racial slur just added fuel, however I do still think that burning the FD station was a bit excessive and unneeded.

The use of force was in response to the disturbance that occurred after said mixed race cop said "nigga". Prior to that it was us trying to get the crowd to breakup, an argument started between the cop and some black dude. Cop proceeds to say "nigga" then all the people RPing as the black individuals proceed to freak the fuck out because I guess the players controlling them think black people automatically enter a stage 5 freak out when hearing the N word from someone whose complexion isn't equal to or darker than milk chocolate. 

was all IC tbh no rules were broken apart from a few individuals and they were dealt with

if u try restrict shit like this ur gonna make the server extremely boring. this was fun for PD and FD since they actually got to use riot gear and tear gas and shit, instead of just chasing people who evade because they dont wanna pay for a ticket for the 5000th time.

• Upvote 7
11 minutes ago, SugarDavis said:

Imagine burning down the city because a mixed race cop said the N word without a hard R. Obligatory "we're a heavy roleplay server". 

https://streamable.com/f0upqj

^^ Not my meme btw

LOL, where you from bro. Go to any hood as a cop and say the N word in any capacity and see what happens regardless, they proceeded to shoot someone which is what caused the riots.

Just now, Shekh said:

was all IC tbh no rules were broken apart from a few individuals and they were dealt with

if u try restrict shit like this ur gonna make the server extremely boring. this was fun for PD and FD since they actually got to use riot gear and tear gas and shit, instead of just chasing people who evade because they dont wanna pay for a ticket for the 5000th time.

I agree for the most part, tbh I felt like things were sufficiently roleplayed and realistic to an extent. It was good fun for the majority of people.

Edited by xdthe

I mean I was there as a Dr trying to help people who got hurt, and ended up being attacked physically by one of the protesters, ran up and started punching me... a Dr who was helping his friends throughout the night... at least in my opinion, irl medical personal get respected and protected at protests I've seen as they're just there to treat injuries so it seemed like a lapse of quality to see fd getting downed etc.

Edited by Mecovy
5 minutes ago, SugarDavis said:

The use of force was in response to the disturbance that occurred after said mixed race cop said "nigga". Prior to that it was us trying to get the crowd to breakup, an argument started between the cop and some black dude. Cop proceeds to say "nigga" then all the people RPing as the black individuals proceed to freak the fuck out because I guess the players controlling them think black people automatically enter a stage 5 freak out when hearing the N word from someone whose complexion isn't equal to or darker than milk chocolate. 

If a cop said the n word and they weren’t black at first glance. Even if they are mixed, to the naked eye they pass as white passing. People get furious, especially when it is said in front of a crowd who is already pissed off by the amount of cops at a scene simply because they were just talking in a group.

• Groz locked this topic