Any source for farming roleplay?

Dom.

Title. I've got an idea for a down-home character who lives up north and I want to work as a farmer. Is there any way to do that without spamming the sidejob? I want it to actually be fun, not a stupid script grind. Does anyone actually roleplay running a farm? Are any of the farms even properties? 

Edited by Dom.
  • Upvote 2

It's all up to you. I think that if you start a family that lives there you can RP with other people, start an actual farm and RP growing your own food. If you have people to RP with you don't have to "farm" the script job, you can simply roleplay. 

You can evolve this idea later by perhaps starting a company and selling your crops to restaurants and businesses in the city. A lot of real life farmers sell their crops to restaurants who are later proud of "using local products" or healthy, unprocessed ingredients straight from the farm.

Edited by MrsHamster
  • Upvote 1

It's been shown that once you create some awesome RP and build a company around something that isn't scripted yet, gtaw developers work around that idea to create a script that allows you to profit from it. The trucking job started as a side job, now we've got trucking companies, custom vehicles, delivery system. Pawn shops used to operate without a script, all RP. And let's not forget about jewelry stores. You could RP farming and selling fresh produce to restaurants around LS. You could create your own fruit and vegetable market somewhere in grapeseed and host events. So good luck, I hope you bring this to life, it would be great. ?

I'd actually be interested in something related to the county areas and farming. It came across my mind to do some Rural Lifestyle Roleplay and the only professions I can think of is Fishing, Farming, Law or Emergency Services.

4 hours ago, Anperè said:

I'd actually be interested in something related to the county areas and farming. It came across my mind to do some Rural Lifestyle Roleplay and the only professions I can think of is Fishing, Farming, Law or Emergency Services.

It would be cool to have the country side very active with people, though. Like imagine there's a few farmers and fishermen out there and they form a group of friends. They gather at a bar, sometimes they will have to get their cars fixed, buy groceries... etc. etc. 

A community can form that way. 

I've done this in the past, back in MTA. We actually had a running agriculture 'faction' if you can call it that. It was quite fun, we also had support from the faction management etc etc. It's hard to find people who are interested in such roleplay, though. People would mostly join and get bored in a week.

OK so if more people are interested let me know. I have a few that are already interested, and we should all get in touch. 

Right now the thing we're putting our focus on is finding a location to rp our farm. Any help would be appreciated. 

26 minutes ago, Pruto said:

OK so if more people are interested let me know. I have a few that are already interested, and we should all get in touch. 

Right now the thing we're putting our focus on is finding a location to rp our farm. Any help would be appreciated. 

I'd say somewhere in grapeseed would be a good location.