PD/SD ignoring uninteresting roleplay

Aellerix

You know passing traffic lights or even on the road at 100 mp/h speed is pretty common on the server and only people who don't do it at some point are those riding on bicycles. If people want normal looking like city, they should either start treating roads as busy ones, cause normally they should be packed with cars or stop cop-baiting, so PD can actually chase violators down without thinking whether or not they be cop-baiting. And Jaywalking is indeed a traffic violation albeit so minor, cops only tend to it when it did lead to an accident or something.

Edited by Engelbert
1 minute ago, Aellerix said:

"I'm not here to police the server" - I'm pretty sure that's the duty of the police on the server. To police the server? While also providing quality roleplay and taking part in the collaborative storytelling, yes. But again, I'm not targetting anyone, just raising awareness to the whole issue.

I believe you have misunderstood what I have attempted to communicate, so I will assume that we agree to disagree.

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, Aellerix said:

I think that's exactly what should be done. If jaywalking is a crime, it should be treated as such. If it is not, then it should not be in the penal code. Same goes for parking violations and other minor offences. Factions should make sure that the people who roleplay within said factions abide by the standards of said factions. If a faction is about enforcing the law, then that's what it should do, unless the characters have been issued corruption permissions. I don't think it should be optional, I don't think that police officers should be able to choose to not do their job because such thing does not happen in real life. Yes, leniency exists, but there's a hueg difference between being lenient and ignoring it altogether.

"I'm not here to police the server" - I'm pretty sure that's the duty of the police on the server. To police the server? While also providing quality roleplay and taking part in the collaborative storytelling, yes. But again, I'm not targetting anyone, just raising awareness to the whole issue.

I'm sorry buddy, but you can think all you want but it is not going to happen. No officer or deputy is going to act upon every crime that he spots. You can't expect us to give out a citation to every person who has a tinted window, or ever person who speeds or drives through an intersection. It's unreasonable and you know that. I'm here to enjoy my police roleplay and I am not going to spend 90% of my time following up with all of that. 

If you do not agree with it, then head to the government and file an complaint but if you have the expectancy that we're going to be Paul Blart and drive around handing out citations on every little thing, then I'm afraid that we're not going to meet that expectation. 

1 hour ago, Aellerix said:

I am not saying that the police is not already busy with other issues, not at all, but that doesn't mean that they should disregard any offences. If that's the case, just take the 'light' stuff out of the penal code, since it's not being applied anyway.

Do you realize that in the real world, there are multiple violations that police don’t necessarily enforce? It doesn’t mean that the penal code needs a few codes wiped, it’s just that in a specific region, police have decided to focus their efforts more on other things or don’t see that violation as something worth enforcing as it might not be such a big issue at the time.

• Selena locked this topic

I have read this topic and reviewed what has been sent to me - now I'm not going to be siding with anyone this is just my thoughts and how I think PD and SD are responding to what you're bringing up.

Driving has always been an issue on this server, especially when it comes to truckers, us admins and testers are trying our absolute hardest to get on the reports / handle those who get caught non-rp driving, however, it's difficult from a PD / SD perspective when we, as a team are trying to crack down on it and considering what you mentioned @Aellerix about being an alcoholic is that how are PD supposed to know that you're legitimately Rping inebriated? 

Contradicting what i said above, you could argue that IF they pulled you over they would know and that causes RP to commence. Had they known that you were legitmately Rping, the outcome could be different, you know? Furthermore, with the entire stigma with trucks, driving and trolls, it's, as I said before, it's difficult to differentiate between Legit RP and Troll RP. That's what you need to keep in mind.

I spoke with PD Traffic Command regarding their POV; 

"PD tends to ignore those who drive past use at high speeds if its the same person continuously i.e copbaiting, and there are also members that will point blank ignore those who speed past them because they simply cannot be bothered with the traffic stop and the additional paperwork. However, they should've been stopped unless it was blatantly obvious that they were just a troll but in that case I would've reported them beforehand. It's worth keeping an eye out for those people who don't engage in obvious traffic violations because at the end of the day it's their IC duty and it's unfair on those actually Rping it."

And I spoke with SD Executive Staff regarding their POV;

"From an administrative perspective those who drive all over the roads can be taken for trolls, drunk driving isn't always about driving super fast and swirving all over the road, people have slower reaction times and they tend to be slower which ultimately causes the MVA when they crash."

Here's a video of a drunk driver in the US driving in residential areas and another that's in a chase (Now I'm not saying this is what always happens but this is an example of what was said above)

Here's a video of a high speed drunk driver:

In conclusion: All you can do is report it when you see it to LFM / PD / SD and we can respond.